• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

12 hours ago, Rhinoww said:
Earth. Wind. Fire. MNF. Hoyo DC. ROE DIC 16
Settling in.

@Rhinoww

What do you think of the Hoyo DC's?

I have read of multiple people calling them the best, quintessential Hoyo, so curious on your thoughts ss I have one I haven't smoked yet (granted yours had a little age, and the age of mine is unknown)

The price isn't bad for a large vitola (if I could find them in stock anywhere), and especially if they are as good as I'm hearing.

Also, got a link to your review you mentioned?

Looked in the Habanos review and the competitions sections and didn't see it and would love to read it.

58 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

@Rhinoww

What do you think of the Hoyo DC's?

I have read of multiple people calling them the best, quintessential Hoyo, so curious on your thoughts ss I have one I haven't smoked yet (granted yours had a little age, and the age of mine is unknown)

The price isn't bad for a large vitola (if I could find them in stock anywhere), and especially if they are as good as I'm hearing.

Also, got a link to your review you mentioned?

Looked in the Habanos review and the competitions sections and didn't see it and would love to read it.

Very enjoyable from start to finish (2.5 hours). Cream and increasing dark tea flavors emerged over time. Smoke was thick but cigar was not overpowering at all. I hit the point of complete cigar satisfaction with about 3/4 of an inch of the stick left, a perfect smoke for me. A classic Hoyo flavor profile without the slightest bite  

Histoically I have been a PC Kinda guy stretching to robustos periodically.  I am increasingly moving to dabble with DC and Churchill’s.  There is a season for everything.  Not so sure how many of these DC I’ll be smoking this winter though  

• Like 1

Very enjoyable from start to finish (2.5 hours). Cream and increasing dark tea flavors emerged over time. Smoke was thick but cigar was not overpowering at all. I hit the point of complete cigar satisfaction with about 3/4 of an inch of the stick left, a perfect smoke for me. A classic Hoyo flavor profile without the slightest bite  
Histoically I have been a PC Kinda guy stretching to robustos periodically.  I am increasingly moving to dabble with DC and Churchill’s.  There is a season for everything.  Not so sure how many of these DC I’ll be smoking this winter though  

Nice. Thanks for the mini review.

Will definitely have to try mine soon.

Glad to hear that its smooth and bite free, and not too strong as I no longer care for anything over a medium anymore.

I understand about winter.

Already have some PC's, and have my November order already planned with nothing but quicker smokes.

Winters here are fairly mild most of the time, and being from Michigan, I know how to dress for the cold, so will still be able to enjoy the occasional longer smoke, but February is our coldest month and can get to 0 or below, so want some shorter smokes for then for sure.

Plus I occasionally crave a smoke after meds, but before having to go to bed due to one of the medications effects, so needed some under 30 minute smokes for then too.

Planning a box of partagas shorts and a handful of different singles and tins as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:
i would give the escogidos a go as well ....to my taste, they are a bit more approachable young and may be even more mild than the dc ...great creamy flavor tho....also like the mention of the tea notes as i feel that hoyo exhibits these sometimes..especially the san juan has wonderful tea like notes 

Thanks for the tip. I'll add a box of Escogidos to my bookmarks for future purchases, as I have read enough of your posts to trust your judgment and opinions on cigars.

Definitely enjoy the San Juans.
Very nice smokes.
Think I'm down to only 1 though. Will have to rectify that.

Thanks for your input.

7 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:
14 hours ago, Trimming said:
Trinidad Topes 2016 LE

How does the original release LE topes compare to the newer regular production topes? TIA!

To me, thicker, heavier & richer profile, but LEs are usually that way. Both are very good IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Congrats bruantanamo ….I hope you crush your FF season …I’ve been told I’m a negative Nancy so I’m trying to be more positive ……..your Winnie looks great ..beautiful ash !

I wouldn't sweat the criticism.  Being honest beats being a bull-shitter.

3 hours ago, Heels82 said:

Thanks Brochambeau, got a title to defend as we won by .1 last year 😳.  Negative Nancy is much better than Beth Amphetamine so you got that going for you, which is nice 😋 ... Also, love it when you tell me I have a "beautiful ash." 😊  But seriously, if you need me to meet someone by the oak tree after work today, hit this Chad up.  

Huckleberry!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heels82 said:

HU Sir Winnie - GRM MAR '21 - 90 day rest test

Squeaked out a .44 point win (thanks Ty'Son Williams/Justin Tucker) in FF this week and the cigar wasn't too shabby either!  Definitely needs more rest and will revisit around Xmas 🎄 or so...

Glad you Guinea-pigged the Winnie. Exact same box I was thinking of cracking open but I think I'll just let it rest.

6 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

…I’ve been told I’m a negative Nancy so I’m trying to be more positive ……..your Winnie looks great ..beautiful ash !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As my grandpappy would say… don’t sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff. Chins up boys!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

I’ve been told I’m a negative Nancy so I’m trying to be more positive

Most of the time you offer a refreshing take, and say what everyone else is thinking but won't say aloud.

Other times I just want to smoke a torpedo without hearing about how I took too much off the end 😂🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

I’ve been loving sours lately …really fortunate to have some buddies who are really into beer and participate in some beer groups/forums and have access to some really great coveted beers ….fruited sours by Dewey beer co in Delaware, RAR brewery out of Cambridge, Md…fourscore and imprint out of va and pa respectively …really enjoying the beer thing with these guys…reminds me of us with cigars ..trades and shares galore

Get your hands on some mortalis and omnipollo

• Like 1