• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

12 hours ago, RDB said:

Thank you whoever rolled this. What a gorgeous smoke, my first La Trova.

Not huge transitions, not great intensity, and it burned fairly quickly for such a big cigar. But bloody hell this was lovely. Not my usual size but I’ll forgive that every single time if they perform like this.

I've had the fortune to smoke 4 of these now. Have to agree with you that they seem to burn pretty quickly for the size of the stick. I find the similar with the transitions not being too great but they sure are smooth and tasty 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Just having a little fun man ..lighten up!! you see how[mention=35647]heels82[/mention] treats me? Now that’s cyber bullying at its finest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the case then I apologize.

It can be impossible to tell just by reading a post as opposed to being able to hear something in person.

I'm all for a good joke or good natured ribbing and actually have pretty thick skin, so carry on man.

20 hours ago, ReturnFreeRisk said:
Stacked up some of these little gems after a couple samples and glad I did. High complexity on the cheap—makes me feel like one of those reviewers who might get a couple dozen flavors out of a cigar haha. Meaty smoke, bbq spices in the background, toasted sugar sweetness, some nuts. Really keeps you hooked with some chnages for a relatively short experience. Excuse the charcoal fingers, had to get the fire pit sorted

Excellent smoke.
I've only had one, but thought it was incredible. One of the best smokes I have ever had. Definitely want to score some more one of these days when I can.

20 hours ago, njpinette said:
Fonseca Delicias

Great little smokes and relatively cheap price.

Enjoyed the couple I was generously gifted enough to buy a box with my last order.

Flavorful little buggers and a great smoke when time is an issue but can be stretched to an enjoyable 45 minutes if you really pace yourself

17 hours ago, Trimming said:
Sometimes, they just hit the spot !

Good to see you enjoyed it.
Have my first one ever i was generously gifted in my special occasions tupperdor just waiting for the right time.

Dont see much opinions/reviews on the forums about these, and that carries much more weight with me than online "professional" reviewers

9 hours ago, RDB said:
Cohiba Siglo VI. These are obviously one of the premium Cubans. Some fortunate souls smoke a lot of them, but for most of us it's an occasion cigar. Expectations are likely to be high...
This one was from a TPO OCT 19 box. I was fortunate to be able to open and inspect quite a few boxes when I bought it, and I chose one that looked really good: beautiful thin wrappers and smart construction, moderate colorado colour with a touch of rosado, lovely fruity smell.
Opened with a large punch, the draw was tight but acceptable - no need for surgery with the poker. However, the first half-inch or so was disappointing. Nothing wrong with it, but no immediate hit of honey sweetness or that crazy citrus aroma Cohiba can sometimes deliver. My last Robusto was like eating caramelised orange peel. This was more on the grassy, pour-over coffee side of things. Perfectly ok and certainly refined, but no fireworks.
As the cigar smoked down things got more interesting. The flavour intensity built up, and so did the sense of richness. It remained savoury, and I began to think of plain potato crisps. The grassiness deepened to an autumnal hay. All very pleasant and contemplative.
Starting well under medium body, this crept up to maybe medium. Very good construction, a few touch ups required but the ash held well. And I found myself smoking it longer than I normally would, right down to the final inch. It never got out of shape.
So overall: good for a cigar and clear quality here, but not reaching the level one expects of the best Cuba has to offer, and certainly not the five-star experience I had with a similar age La Trova yesterday. I found myself wondering if a bit of dry boxing would help, as these were straight from long-term storage that has crept up to 67% RH at 21.5C. Not wild numbers of course, but probably a bit too wet. Dryer would probably help with both flavour and draw.
Also, my guess is that a few more years will bring out more flavour. Lots of folk put all their Cohiba away for at least 3-5 years and I try to keep my hands off too... but I was seduced by yesterday's excellent experience with a 2 year old Trinidad. 
So, the next one of these will be next summer, and I'll prepare it with a good spell in lower humidity. Glad to have only just started the box... but not rushing to find another right now.

Excellent review.

Something I feel is way more helpful than just posting a picture, even if it's only a few words about the cigar.

Haven't had a VI in about 10 years when I could afford to smoke them somewhat regularly. Definitely recall them being the best of the Siglo's, even if only for the larger size/smoke time, as I have enjoyed all of the Siglo line I have had.

The II is my current go-to Cohiba. Great smokes and reasonably priced compared to most any Cohiba.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:
No need to apologize brotato

Thanks.

Very glad there's no actual animosity between us.

Not here to make waves, enemies or have a peeing contest with anyone, and we had a pretty big disagreement in a particular thread of mine, so honestly didn't think you were just messing around based partly on that

Just here to relax, read, learn and generally enjoy interacting with fellow Cigar lovers since there aren't any here at the veteran's home surprisingly since there are 85 veterans here, 99% of whom are over 65, so you would think there would at least be a couple, but no dice unfortunately, so I get my fix on forums.

Next time I call myself a Montecristo whore, please post pics of your vomit covered Cigar for all to be amused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Heels82 said:
Party Mad No.1 - TPO MAY '18
Two absolute bangin' cigars tonight with the Connie No.2 taking the cake.  Perfect construction, notes of vanilla and a razor sharp burn the whole way down.  They get lots of hate but pick up a 6er and give them a shot.

Love the Partagas Maduros but haven't been able to find them in stock anywhere for quite a long time. I'm definitely jealous that you got to smoke one,lol

7 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:
how are these coming along? finding any comps in other upmanns? Love the 54 rg but not a huge upmann fan...i do an occasional pc, no 2, and winny......... TIA!!

Not to hijack since you are asking someone else, but personally all of the Magnums taste pretty much the same too me. There are small differences between the 3, but basically the same profile with them all.
I prefer the Mag 50 simply due to size, personally, but have a couple 54's and 46's on hand currently to for a little variety.

They definitely have their own unique profile compared to the other Upmanns, imho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:
The first 3 are yesterday's smokes, I just forgot to post at the end of the day.  The last one is tonight's.

Maybe 20 years ago, I was drinking coffee in the lobby of a really high end hotel in NYC, and I fell in love with the coffee.  I asked the waiter what kind it was, and he told me it was Jamaican Blue Mountain.  So I started buying Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, but it never tasted the same as the coffee in that hotel, even on the island of Jamaica.  
Fast forward to the present, and I decided I was going to try my luck again, only this time, I did some research.  Turns out a lot of these "Jamaican  Blue Mountain coffees" are blends, that can contain as little as 10% JBM in them.  Plus, there are people just selling fakes, just as with cigars.  I'm sure many of the coffee aficionados on this board could have told me this already.  Anyway, I picked an importer that is legit, and paid $110 with the discount code for only 16 oz, and it arrived today.  I am happy to say that I found the taste I have been searching for over all these years.
Oh, and the CoRo is pretty good too.

Well now we need the spinoff review of JBM, and some assurance that these sacred beans didnt get dripped through a Mr Coffee 12 cup :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

how are these coming along? finding any comps in other upmanns? Love the 54 rg but not a huge upmann fan...i do an occasional pc, no 2, and winny......... TIA!!

I love the Mag 54s. They have been consistent & reliable smoke for me. Have smoke a lot of this. 

Starts mild/medium & ends with med. Construction has never let me down overall (3 plug/wind tunnel out of 80 plus sticks). Preferred with 3 years age. Younger ones seems to have a bit of mongrel nearing the last third. Flavors are very good. 

Hope this helps. You have a great weekend too.

• Like 2