• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

4 hours ago, Bijan said:

Epi 1 for cream. Hoyo du depute and Rio Seco for baking spice (maybe San Juan).

Edit: if you enjoyed the Palmas extra you are probably going to love the other ones.

Sounds like several boxes of hoyo will be featured in my next restock. Thanks for the input, I look forward to trying them all

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GVan said:

From the past two weeks.  Pardon the NC's - now occasionally working in Maryland - the land of no smoking - anywhere !  Found a local B&M with a great group of guys.  The only rule is you can only smoke what's bought there - doesn't go for the "I bought another cigar - can I smoke one I brought in" try.  No issues, every time I'm in I try something different that is recommended by the proprietor - actually fun trying different cigars.

RGPC (SOM-MAY-17)

SCdlH La Punta (RAT-MAY-20)

Esteli Sun Grown followed by a Henry Clay War Hawk

Boli PC (MSU-MAY-19)

Esteli Las Calaveras LE 2021

I tried the Henry clay war hawk recently as well at a cigar dinner sponsored by a well established cigar store. Thought it was ok, but lacked some of the depth/developments of  Cuban. Enjoyable, but won’t be in my rotation for a while. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Glass Half Full said:

What do you think of the Monte Open?  I had only had two of them, and I believe they were too young for my taste (in hindsight), so never went back to them.  How are they with some age?  Thanks for your thoughts. 

The draw was terrible even after using my perfecdraw, but the flavor was still good.  This was my first one of these, so I can't compare it to younger ones, but it was earthy tobacco and leather throughout and never got above medium bodied.  I'm looking forward to the rest of them, and just hope I don't have too many draw issues that can't be fixed.

And sorry for the generic review, I'm terrible with identifying tasting notes.   

• Like 1

Monte A
Very cool packaging, but it should be for the price of them,lol.
Sounds like several boxes of hoyo will be featured in my next restock. Thanks for the input, I look forward to trying them all

@ChuckMangione
You likely won't regret anything that you buy and try, Hoyo is a solid marca and I stock and smoke a lot of them.

Would highly suggest buying a few singles to try before shelling out for a box of something unknown to you though.

Could potentially save you money and disappointment.

I always buy 2 or 3 singles of anything I have never had before (assuming I can find them as singles, not many vendors carrying a good stock of singles, if they carry any at all), before buying a box of something I have never had.
Monte Open Master PET NOV 15

@M1B
Rare to see anything in the Open line posted on these types of threads on any of the forums I belong to.

Personally, I like the Open Master and Regatta. We are very much in the minority though.

The Open line gets no love from most people

6 hours ago, therealrsr said:
After 2 hours in a freezing hotel conference room taking copious notes on ERISA compliance and litigation updates I have earned a BBF break.  Side notes, TSA taking my torch is a strong reminder that using a soft flame is not my thing and SoCal Sunsets worth a visit even in the fire haze.

Nice sunset picture.

Yeah, lots of smoke here from fires too.

I have had to use a cheap soft flame bic for about a year and a half and agree they suck for Cigars.

They are finally letting me have butane for my torch lighter and the can arrives today, so no more bics for me finally