• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

16 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Have been trying to branch out and explore new realms of cc's, so have recently started buying and trying ER's and EL's to explore them after having just finished my exploration of Vintage Cigars.

Haven't had any of my EL's yet, but have had a few of the ER's and have been very pleased with them, especially the LGC's.

If I’d only known then…what I know now….and feel obligated to share. I implore you, do not waste your well deserved pension dollars chasing ELs. Stick to regular CC lines. There is a whole world of fantastic regular release ccs to explore, that are far more interesting and less monotonous…than the EL offerings Habanos has given over the past decade +. This much, I can assure you. ERs are much similar to the DNA of the marca, but most often, not worth the premium. 

my .02 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chucko8 said:
Best one of these (QdO 50)  that I’ve had thus far

Have only had 3 of the 5 I bought a while back and have loved them, even though I'm not a petite Robusto fan really, but they are just too great to resist, just wish they were an inch or 2 longer.

Plan to try out the 54 when I can find some in stock and see if they are just a larger version like I'm looking for or not.

Everyone I ask has only smoked one or the other, not both, so I don't know how they compare.

• Like 1

im just sayin in general....i usually have to brush my teeth real good and all that after a smoke close to bed or i wake up with a bad taste .................im not a huge siglo I fn just because theyre a bit too full flavored for me ....i can certainly appreciate why people enjoy them tho 
Ah, gottcha.

Yeah, I brush my remaining teeth good before bed too.
Interesting that you find the Siglos too full flavored, as I'm a mild-medium to medium guy myself and don't find the II's I regularly smoke to be too full flavored at all.

Opus X, Anejos, and similar strong nc's just aren't my thing anymore.

Used to love them, but I think that after smoking only cc's for a year and a half, and there not being anything of comparable strength in the cc catalog, that I just got used to and developed a real taste for, medium smokes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Have only had 3 of the 5 I bought a while back and have loved them, even though I'm not a petite Robusto fan really, but they are just too great to resist, just wish they were an inch or 2 longer.

Plan to try out the 54 when I can find some in stock and see if they are just a larger version like I'm looking for or not.

Everyone I ask has only smoked one or the other, not both, so I don't know how they compare.

Personally I have had more success with the 54. I find the 50's to have been a little more woody and spice dominant whilst in the 54 the sweeter notes of toffee and cream come through more. Though as stated in my post this 50 has been my best one to date. Hopefully more of this ilk in the future.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, puromaniac said:
Hiroshi's "beast" before and 2 hours in. So nice.

Never heard of these before and notice there is no band (assuming you didn't just remove it prior to lighting it up), are they a custom roll from somewhere?

The construction looks gorgeous in the picture.

Haven't had a custom roll yet, but do have what I'm told is an "Alex from the hotel Commodore in Cuba, La Puntilla" in my special occasion tupperdor, and 6 CoH custom roll Dahlias just waiting to rest and acclimate as I received them right after having been frozen for several days, and I was told to give them at least 60 days.

14 hours ago, Hammer Smokin said:
Nice 2014 Hoyo San Juan

Nice
I really like the San Juans too

Excellent smokes

13 hours ago, Chucko8 said:
Personally I have had more success with the 54. I find the 50's to have been a little more woody and spice dominant whilst in the 54 the sweeter notes of toffee and cream come through more. Though as stated in my post this 50 has been my best one to date. Hopefully more of this ilk in the future.

Thanks for the info.
Very much appreciated as its the first time someone has been able to compare and describe the 2 to me.

I actually like a good woody flavor. Its also one of the very few tastes in a Cigar I am able to distinguish and describe. The woody undertone is probably the main reason I love the 50's I have had, plus being very smooth and mellow.

Will definitely have to pick up a few 54's to try whenever I can actually find some.
They are out of stock everywhere I have seen in a multi page Google search for them, and given the covid and civil unrest issues in Cuba I'm not holding my breath for them to be back in stock anytime soon, so will likely have to try a private sale on the OLH forums.

11 hours ago, westg said:
LFD thanks to lordanubis , actually very nice cigar... peanuts

Which vitola is that?

I suck at identifying them in pictures and have had some ER LFdC's and just bought 10 Selectos in a private sale and am planning to get a box of the PC's early next week with my order.

So far I have really enjoyed them, especially for the relatively cheap price

11 hours ago, LLC said:
Last few days. 
OER OCT 20 RyJ Ex No. 4. Really enjoying these lately. 

BRE May 19 Connie A. These never fail to impress. 

SOM DIC 16 RA La Palmera. Second from the box, good flavors but built not as good as the first one.

Nice selection.
I love the EX #4's, and the handful of connies I have had and just recently got my first 2 EL Ramon Allones. Have only had the RASS and RASCC so far and really enjoy them so wanted to delve into them a little more. They are the Allones Extra and Club Allones which I'm told is excellent and a real standout for the marca

11 hours ago, Bijan said:
Half of a Sancho Panza non plus. 
Watched this old scene from a Jimmy Stewart movie. Women are a mystery for sure, as is his cutting a perfectly good Lonsdale in half
https://youtu.be/xf5SDKcfFkU
First smokeable non plus I've had at least part of it. Reminds me of a RGPC.
Edit: I cut mine in half because it was a plugged one from
[mention=1673]Habana Mike[/mention]
Edit 2: got 30 minutes to the nub.from this top half, could have used some cigar glue on the wrapper

Yeah, I am not a fan of the non plus either, although not due to having any issues with the ones I have had.

Flavor just doesn't do it for me.

I enjoy the RGPC though, but don't buy many of them as their are just several other PC's I enjoy more

5 hours ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:
Lfdc Spain regional, not a fan tbh

What didn't you like?

Flavor profile just didn't do it for you, construction issues,etc

Have enjoyed the LFDC'S I have had so far enough to buy 10 Selectos and an upcoming box of the PC's.

ER's aren't particularly cheap, so would love to hear why you didn't care for it so I can avoid it depending on your issues with it

• Like 2