FOH'ers Daily Smoke

8 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

I just smoked one of those the other day.
It was my first ever Warped.

I really didn't care for it either

I believe warped has has a big drop in quality over the past 3-4 years. I enjoyed quite a few cigars in the portfolio but they started becoming sour and dull. Been over a year now since I have purchased a single NC cigar.

9 hours ago, Chucko8 said:

JL2 from 2018 1/4 box 24:24 offering with a G&T this evening

How is the 18 coming along? Have an unopened box after I get through a box from 19.

• Replies 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

18 hours ago, Scubasteve20 said:

While allowing my better CCs time to rest, I've been burning through a diverse NC collection amassed over the last 10-12 years or so. I've only had a couple Diamond Crowns and none really hit home with me in the past but this one did! A 3-4ish year old spiced cream bomb, like a great Epicure 2 on steroids. I was very pleased.

My old boss in Charlotte, NC smokes 1-3 Diamond Crown no 4’s every day, no exception. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, djrey said:

How is the 18 coming along? Have an unopened box after I get through a box from 19.

I found it to be very decent, Earthy leather and orange citrus notes a plenty.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Glass Half Full said:
Unusual start to the day today!  A friend who favors NC’s generously gifted an assortment of Tatuajes (new Marca to me) following a trip to Tampa.  

Also new was having a “morning” cigar – and a culebra at that!  A Tatuaje Fausto Culebra (or 1/3rd of one), which comes as part of a boxed set, which includes Fausto lanceros.  It's called, “The Old Man and the C”

For an "Old Man" made cigar, this seemed clearly youthful, but packed with flavours.  They were bold, well-defined flavours with good progression and it's construction was perfect, especially for being so crooked.  Truly impressive.  This cigar was well out of my “wheel house” – not at all the more aged and (when excellent) often more refined (even when strong) variety of Cuban flavours I’ve come to prefer.  This Tatuaje struck me with its bold but well-integrated, progression; refined in it’s own curious way.  
Paired with an espresso, smoking this seems like I'd imagine a bitter chocolate/dessert tasting – except that there is so little sweetness (entirely fine with me).  It begins with a fairly strong “leather” flavor that quickly turns to bitter chocolate nibs, followed by what I can only describe as (bitter) chocolate cake.  By the 3rd/3rd (when time ran short), the cigar seemed to reversed that entire flavour progression.  Having never had a culebra, I was struck by the pleasant draw of such a crooked cigar.  Good fun.   

While I’m still decidedly in the CC camp, this was a good excursion, one worth trying again!

Nice! I have one on the way. I am a big fan of the Fausto blend but find they really help with some age as it’s a pretty strong blend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/14/2021 at 6:35 AM, DanWil84 said:
FdC PB Exclusivo TRU OCT 19, silky smooth but a little 1 dimensional, draw is very easy. First one of box of 10, had a little nap since January '21 to my preferred smoking conditions.

Second one is a recommendation if your looking for a nice NC (i know, I know, blasphemy and so on). Noel Rojas makes great cigars.

@DanWil84

I recently had a Paises Bajos as well and agree with you. Fortunately, the taste, as well as the burn,draw and construction wers perfect, so I didn't mind it being 1 dimensional.

In fact I would rank it as one of the top 5 Cigars I have had in years.

Very jealous you have a box of 10 of them.

I was only able to scrounge up 1 in a private sale.

@djrey

"I believe warped has has a big drop in quality over the past 3-4 years. I enjoyed quite a few cigars in the portfolio but they started becoming sour and dull. Been over a year now since I have purchased a single NC cigar."

Quote button wasn't quoting this half of your post...

Thanks for the heads up on Warped going downhill recently. Will save me money and disappointment.

The one i had was definitely not to my liking at all

Hope you enjoyed this one much better than Palmas. Is Rio Seco young? 
Just recently had my first Rio Seco, a 2018 and thought it was great. Would happily buy some newer production ones

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1