• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, Greenhorn2 said:

My second mag 46.  First one meh,  This one is banging!

Glad you had enjoyed the second one. How long ago was the first one? What is the box code and the date of production? Thank you.

10 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

HDM Le Hoyo Du Maire '01
Very tasty and with a little bite to it.
Nice 30 minute smoke. Great burn,draw and construction

Good to know these are still doing well. Went pretty deep on these but have been smoking through them pretty fast, good to know I can let some age for the long term. 

6 hours ago, puromaniac said:

The increasingly rare (in my collection at least) Reynaldo Robusto. From November 2019.  Damn COVID and restrictions

I have some Reynaldo's as well -- piramedes in my case -- saved from a visit to Conde Villanueva.  With the increased appreciation I've gained since, I wish I'd bought a big box.  ...Your post may make me break one out.  

I encourage all FoH'er's to consider a visi!  

Nice.
Big fan of the no.1 and no.2's. Prefer the no.2's especially.
Never had one that wasn't 2019 or 2020 but still really enjoyed them.

How are they with a bit of age? How does the age effect them?

Taste the same now 5 years in as they did in '17 when I got the box. I like 'em quite a bit. They've also been constructed very well.

18 hours ago, Odessa said:

Glad you had enjoyed the second one. How long ago was the first one? What is the box code and the date of production? Thank you.

Wish I could help you out but the two I've had so far were a couple of singles from the host. First one was about 4 or 5 months ago.  World of difference in  the two sticks.

19 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

UEB 18 Siglo IV

Wish I had an unlimited supply ...these are ridiculous

Haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on these yet. I've seen several posts of nothing but praise for these sticks.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:00 PM, Count of Montecristo said:
Tonight I smoked a Monte #3 from 2008, it was nothing like the Montes I remember smoking in the late 90s, but was still pretty good. I got sweet cinnamon notes, tangy mineral notes, no cream, very faint wood on the back of the pallet, no nuttiness at all. Nothing offensive 

Love the no.3's, even young.
Was graciously gifted some from 2011 that I'm really looking forward to trying and seeing how they compare to the young ones

On 5/2/2021 at 1:50 AM, slowsmoke said:
My beloved weekend morning Reyes. APU DIC 14. Sad to be nearing the end of this box. 

Really like the Reyes too, but they are just so pricey now for the size that I don't smoke them much anymore.
Was much better before my regular vendor increased the price by $3

On 5/2/2021 at 6:17 AM, Lrabold89 said:
We’re like the rio seco cheer squad

Really wanting to try them. Only vendor i have ever found that carries them as singles was very sketchy and I decided not to order from them.
Currently just waiting on total price of a mixed fiver with one included, from a private sale

18 hours ago, Count of Montecristo said:
Romeo No. 1, LAU ABR 16

@WABOOM, try a RYJ Churchill instead of those #1’s, and #2’s
Granted I have only had 1 of the 2 I bought, but i really wasn't impressed by the Churchill, especially considering the rave reviews they get.
Hoping the second one is better

18 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:
Esmeralda

How are the Esmeraldas?
Trying to find some from someone in a private sale as i want to try them, but no vendors have singles

17 hours ago, griller said:
Tasty Vegueros Tapados (MUP ABR 19) while I grilled burgers, shrimp, and salmon. 1st I've had from this bundle (dry boxed a few weeks), and I've got to say this was a heck of a $5.50 cigar! Draw was just a touch on the firm side, and it did require a couple of lighter touch ups (to keep an even burn), but I got flavors of roasted coffee beans, chocolate, and a creamy background hue that was quite pleasant. You can't go wrong for walking the pooch, grilling burgers, etc.

I agree that they are a very good smoke for the price

17 hours ago, Bijan said:
Good to know these are still doing well. Went pretty deep on these but have been smoking through them pretty fast, good to know I can let some age for the long term. 

Yeah, never had a fresh one to compare it to, but was very tasty with 20 years age.
Still quite flavorful and had a nice little bite to them which surprised me given the age

16 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:
@WABOOM, try a RYJ Churchill instead of those #1’s, and #2’s

Yea those numbered romeos are garbage

I really like the no.2's personally.
Wasn't impressed by the one Churchill I have had, and they are much pricier.

Everyone's tastes are different though, that's for sure

14 hours ago, WABOOM said:
Taste the same now 5 years in as they did in '17 when I got the box. I like 'em quite a bit. They've also been constructed very well.

Interesting that the taste hasn't changed any after 5 years.
I agree, consistently good construction and taste

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, smbauerllc said:

How are the Esmeraldas?
Trying to find some from someone in a private sale as i want to try them, but no vendors have singles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love them.  They have become my second favorite regular production cigar.

I used to smoke 5+ Cohiba Siglo VI's a week, but since the price of this cigar went completely haywire, I have cut back to 2 or 3 a week, and have replaced them the other days of the week with Esmeraldas.

• Like 3

I love them.  They have become my second favorite regular production cigar.
I used to smoke 5+ Cohiba Siglo VI's a week, but since the price of this cigar went completely haywire, I have cut back to 2 or 3 a week, and have replaced them the other days of the week with Esmeraldas.
Nice
Love Trinidads and the Esmeralda is pretty close to the perfect size for my liking, so can't wait to scrounge up a couple

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1