• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Honestly, I don't really like CC's with much less than 4 or 5 years of age, even with the fact that they are supposedly using 1 to 3 year old tabacco for rolling the cigars. I believe they do not always stick to that guideline, especially following poor growing/crop years. It seems to go in cycles of this and some years tasting far better young than others. I hear 19 and 20, seems like tabacco with some more age and/or quality. I have only smoked a few things from 2019 and none from 2020, so have little for comparison on vintages. RYJ serms to need age, to my liking at least. I have a box of Short Churchills that it took a decade for me to really enjoy. It would be great to hear what other BOTL's know or experienced on these questions. 

I don’t smoke enough young cigars to be able to compare the different vintages. All I know is that fresh CCs are either closed up in in the flavor department or have really rough edges. That’s my experience. There are exceptions but CCs generally need 2 years to settle down imo. Regarding your short churchills; 10 years seems a little excessive but I understand to some degree. RyJ really needs 5 years imo to be able to enjoy them. If your lucky they can start preforming after 3 years.

16 hours ago, sw15825 said:

MAS JUN 08 Lusitanias. I bought 2 x 10's boxes from our host a decade ago/HQ and wrote "Age" on the orange sticker, put the box in ziplock and buried it at the bottom of one of my cooleridors. I debated putting the box on auction with Bond Robert's when that got going to bag at least $30 something a stick. Work has been slow with the outbreak. But, when I opened the ziplock and smelled the lovely, creamy Cuban tabacco with barnyard still present, opening the box to perfectly constructed and very oily double coronas, I could only keep them for myself. I could not afford the current asking prices to replace a box of decade + aged cigars in this size for certain. The same happened with an intact box of BHK 54'S, BTO AUG 12 that was sleeping nearby the Lusi's. The first cigar I took out of the BHK's was difficult to do, especially with what I could have earned from selling them. With all the difficulties recently with Covid 19, seeing a friend that was younger than me pass away from complications from Covid, and opened my mind up to, "life is short, enjoy what you can". I turned 54 in July, "I'm gonna start burning through my stash" as I wish to do. I'm a cigar smoker, and collect really to age at times, then enjoy what I have patiently waited for". I am not into this hobby to make money...  Btw, I paid around $300 for the BHK's and $115 for the box of HQ Lusi's, if I remember correctly. Those days seem long gone forever at the current asking prices,  that are getting more and more rediculous by the week. I'm not sure who is paying the 35% to 75% increases in some cases. I hear the Asian market has grown significantly, but know the increases are not only from Habanos price increases alone. Sorry for this rambling on, just my thoughts on enjoying life while I can and what the hell happened with the price increases. Now, back to this smoke. I am very glad I did not sell them. Beautiful construction, appearance, aroma at cold and burning, taste and complexity. There is still decent strength here. This is in my top 3 cigars, I smoked this year. 95 +. ?

20200913_130733.jpg

Can't beat Partagas Lusitanias for sure! I really like that DC, so want to get 50 cab Lusis ?

9 hours ago, bundwallah said:

Lit up my first  QdO Senadores tonight with some Hooegarden 

16000405386466562251147586370255.thumb.jpg.6ab0d17ac8d779af2685a78d6d0a7ea2.jpg

Is QdO Senadores great EL Frank? It has some good reviews on FOH though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Can't beat Partagas Lusitanias for sure! I really like that DC, so want to get 50 cab Lusis ?

Is QdO Senadores great EL Frank? It has some good reviews on FOH though.

Hey Kim.  Here are my thoughts on it.

My first impressions are this. It hast the QdO DNA. And to me that means it's a mild/medium bodied cigar that has an interesting blend that transitions from foot to head. Construction wise it was perfect. Excellent draw and burn. As for the flavour profile, it reminded me of the QdO Coronas but not as complex. Of the new QdO's the No 50 was solid. Haven't had a bad one yet. The No 54 took me a few samples to really enjoy it and I think over time the blend really settled in. This one didn't really "wow" me even though it was a good smoke. I'd need to try a couple more just in case I was smoking a dud. I'm hoping it benefits from some aging. Maybe another 6-8 months? We'll see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

Hey Kim.  Here are my thoughts on it.

My first impressions are this. It hast the QdO DNA. And to me that means it's a mild/medium bodied cigar that has an interesting blend that transitions from foot to head. Construction wise it was perfect. Excellent draw and burn. As for the flavour profile, it reminded me of the QdO Coronas but not as complex. Of the new QdO's the No 50 was solid. Haven't had a bad one yet. The No 54 took me a few samples to really enjoy it and I think over time the blend really settled in. This one didn't really "wow" me even though it was a good smoke. I'd need to try a couple more just in case I was smoking a dud. I'm hoping it benefits from some aging. Maybe another 6-8 months? We'll see.

Thanks Frank! I think brands like QdO taste better when they're aged rather than ROTT IMHO. I have one QdO 54 in my tupperdor and your comment about 54 make me even more exciting to review that Robusto! ?

At least that EL didn't being mere asbestos cigar, so try them after several years of ageing IMHO. I really wonder to see how does this cigar evolves time by time ?.