• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Smoked not only my first Monsdale tonight, but my first Cuban custom - thanks to the generosity of [mention=3339]jsummers157[/mention].  From mid-2018 - a beautiful cigar which produced masses of smoke and burned spot-on - impeccable construction.  Flavor-wise it was quite unlike any production cigar I've smoked (maybe just a hint of Sir Winston in the DNA), though it did sort of put me in mind of an older style of Cuban cigar. 
Initially I picked up a lot of chocolate and a very distinct tart citrus which I strongly associate with old-style Habanos twang.  That was soon joined by a strong buttery note, and those were the dominant flavors over the course of the development - certainly it was one of the most buttery cigars I've smoked.  Over the development there was a hint of caramel, a brief hit of intense dried fruit in the first third which struck like a lightning bolt and never returned.  Salt (salted butter) soon joined the party, and a deep woodiness became prominent.  In the final third a floral note and the wood became less oak and more cedar, along with a dry cocoa powder.
I had the sense that it was burning faster than I expected, but it lasted about 80 minutes, which I guess is spot-on for a lonsdale.  All in all a really interesting and complex smoke, very rich and very unique.   

IMG_6705.jpg.0b43d26d06ca52fab9c7163fd5c83019.jpg
IMG_6706.jpg.b605ea4319cf9bad7748bbfa8489eef3.jpg

I’m having a Monsdale as I type this. I have them and other customs from various rollers regularly and the Monsdsles (through the last few rollers) are the most consistent cigar (custom or not) I think there is. I don’t recall one not being properly rolled in years and many 100’s of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LLC said:

I’m having a Monsdale as I type this. I have them and other customs from various rollers regularly and the Monsdsles (through the last few rollers) are the most consistent cigar (custom or not) I think there is. I don’t recall one not being properly rolled in years and many 100’s of them.

Do you get the butter thing too?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

Where have these been all my life. Holy cow, second stick from a box I received two weeks ago and wow. I need more. Three years old and whammo. Flavors just keep evolving and improving. 

Thinking hard about really going deep here. Approaching the level of admiration I have for the MSU BBF’s. 

Thinking @rcarlson might be a step ahead of me already  

302241D2-A599-4E38-8DFC-7DABB010E018.jpeg

I am.  Having one now.  And it's goooood. . . 

• Like 4

Do you get the butter thing too?

In the one today no, more of bitter chocolate, espresso and some pepper. I have in the past noticed a buttery aspect but not common or predominant to me.

• Like 1