• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotusguy

• LLC

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Just now, Doctorossi said:

Nice review, @Deeg. Since it was your first Monsdale, I was reading along, thinking "Will he pick up on the butter note?" I'm a regular-production guy to the core, but Monsdales are the exception that proves my rule.  :D

Thanks!  It was a very complex and classy cigar, but if I were to pick one flavor profile that stands out, it was butter.  Not so much that it dominated (the balance was pretty good) but that it's so unusual to get that much butter in a cigar.

Jeremy sent me a nice little assortment, so I have a few others to muse on - Alex and Hammy cigars.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 7:35 AM, BlueRidgeFly said:

I have a box of the same, had the first from it recently and it was meh. Was hoping that was just a bad one... still hoping!

Rest it and then dry box it. Good luck!

• Like 1

Smoked not only my first Monsdale tonight, but my first Cuban custom - thanks to the generosity of [mention=3339]jsummers157[/mention].  From mid-2018 - a beautiful cigar which produced masses of smoke and burned spot-on - impeccable construction.  Flavor-wise it was quite unlike any production cigar I've smoked (maybe just a hint of Sir Winston in the DNA), though it did sort of put me in mind of an older style of Cuban cigar. 
Initially I picked up a lot of chocolate and a very distinct tart citrus which I strongly associate with old-style Habanos twang.  That was soon joined by a strong buttery note, and those were the dominant flavors over the course of the development - certainly it was one of the most buttery cigars I've smoked.  Over the development there was a hint of caramel, a brief hit of intense dried fruit in the first third which struck like a lightning bolt and never returned.  Salt (salted butter) soon joined the party, and a deep woodiness became prominent.  In the final third a floral note and the wood became less oak and more cedar, along with a dry cocoa powder.
I had the sense that it was burning faster than I expected, but it lasted about 80 minutes, which I guess is spot-on for a lonsdale.  All in all a really interesting and complex smoke, very rich and very unique.   

IMG_6705.jpg.0b43d26d06ca52fab9c7163fd5c83019.jpg
IMG_6706.jpg.b605ea4319cf9bad7748bbfa8489eef3.jpg

I’m having a Monsdale as I type this. I have them and other customs from various rollers regularly and the Monsdsles (through the last few rollers) are the most consistent cigar (custom or not) I think there is. I don’t recall one not being properly rolled in years and many 100’s of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4