Canonazo Amante VI 2023 Tasting thread and smoke along video

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my ROTT review. TL;DR - WELL DONE, a smooth, balanced, delicious smoke.  FOH Puro Desnudo/Nudies N6 (Cañonazo Amante VI 6 x 52, 2023, ~90 minutes, ROTT 6/15/23): Strong aroma of honey, c

Mine dropped a couple days ago.  They smell divine!  Loaded them up into an old PSP2 box 😃

Received shipment yesterday just in time for the weekend. Just lit one up post lunch. Prelight - Firm construction yet a nice easy draw. Cold Aroma is that sweet honey and caramel as advertised. Tooth

It is rare I can’t wait 30 days to smoke a new cigar but had to try one. Can’t say enough about the construction on these. Wow! An extremely impressive product. 

14 hours ago, JohnS said:

Thank you for a wonderfully expressive and thought-provoking review, @99call!

And thank you John, Where are you when I need you in the rest of my life!?.   On FOH I always seem to be magically organised, and putting posts in the right place. You realise this is dangerous, this false sense of being on top of things, is actually making me even more crap in the real world, this is what i'm telling my missus anyway. 

When I get admonished for putting the wrong stuff in the recycling bins for the 1000th time,  I will fall to my knees,  look to the sky, (like Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes), and scream "why did you forsake me Cigar Jesus!!!"

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, GavLew79 said:

ROTT review. This certainly wasn't a rotter...ba-dum-tiss. 

First third; rich, sweet-savoury-sour interplay. Chocolate salted pretzel. Lip-licking wrapper taste. Sourdough, butter and honey. Marshmallows, cookie dough and chili spice on the retro. On the palate, waves of dark fruit, nut and chocolate too ("Cadbury's fruit and nut" for those in Old Blighty). Bloody hell. Impressive start. Almost like a good RASS. Woods, like oaky Whisky cask. 

Medium strength, medium to full body.

2nd and 3rd thirds had more of the same, but with the spice intensity amping up, and the tones turning darker, with roasted meats, strong espresso, leather, burnt toast etc. 

I was on water to start, but the second third I reached for a full-bodied, tannic, Madiran. Both coped very well with each other, remaining distinctly separate but "gelling" perfectly. A scotch malt would do well,... but it's Tuesday. 

I'll give the next one 30 days, but if this is the bar, I'm hooked. Kudos Rob and Hamlet. I can see why you're proud. I've got to go 93+. Bloody magic. 👏🏻

Blimey. You poor sod. All these flavours getting in the way of the cigar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I couldn’t wait, mine arrived today and I fired one up. I’m usually not a NC fan, I’ve never been a fan of the flavors. Since cigamagecdon I’ve tried hard to find options that I enjoyed, without success, until now.  

This stick is outstanding ROTT. Love the sweetness. Construction and draw is perfect. The rest are going down for a nap. 

I’m very much looking forward to trying the lancero and mareva.

Thanks to all that made this happen. It’s awesome to have sane options!

• Like 2

IMG_2890.jpeg.5062c79cd5a471769b6a63e62c20e0e5.jpeg

Long story short, excellent and amazing! Got to re-order for must!

7 days to my hand, rest 3 days for my first burning.

a bit salty, rich aroma, a bit sweet,
second third much almond/nutty, not spicy at all..excellent burning, even HK is humid as 70%-75%

make it feel like it’s a CC.. a bit like Montecristo 2, and Davidoff signature 2000

btw, Rob, any chance to get the fifth version -robusto size? Too long for canonazo, too small for Mareva IV XD

• Like 3

Received these a couple of weeks ago. I had one after a couple of days and enjoyed it. Took three today and both my friends who I gave one to so they could try them gave them a solid thumbs up 👍. I do think time will help as I even see a hit if a difference from the first one. I’ll let them sit a while now. 

• Like 1

Back from a working holiday, enjoying my second Amante in the garden,  lovely snickers bar slick on the palate.  Sounds cloying and OTT, but it's quite reserved and 'just right'. It's like the baseline in the background whilst the other flavours are hitting the top notes. 

• Like 2

Smoked my first this evening. I had lowered expectations as I had only rested mine a week. Any how...

Absolutely stonking smoke. Really well balanced - love the medium bodied profile. Did not make me yearn for Cuban tobacco at all. Kudos to Hamlet, Rob and the Sampling Committee.

• Like 2

Finally had the chance to try out my first Canonazo.  I split a bundle with a friend here in the US. These cigars look great, and smelled great as well.  The construction of the cigar looked good, after smoking it down about and inch…..the wrapper let loose and unraveled off of the cigar.   What a disappointment for such an anticipated stick.  Hopefully my next stick will fare better and actually remain intact.  

71073580837__3CF67553-063B-49F6-8201-C3157E1C309D.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpeg.fede157b617ea5086fc7c2edab119f6a.jpeg.9ceb5833966f3023073df6984f3e6cf9.jpeg

Had my first last night...wowza! The balance of sweet and savory in the first third was impressive. The second third on was chock full of future potential. The trick will be figuring out the peak - will it be in 6 months, or 6 years, or somewhere in between?

Well done:clap:

• Like 1

Had the first one today while prepping the grill. Beautiful Colorado wrapper (not Colorado Maduro as seen in the shaded photos). Squeeze test gave more than expected. The draw was very lush, much more than I prefer. It had a touch of sweetness, good toasted tobacco flavor. Huge amount of smoke due to the extremely free draw (nearly a wind tunnel), had to go easy so as not to overheat. Started medium-mild, was medium near the last third. Was so very smooth, not a rough edge at all. It started to get hot earlier than I had hoped, stopped before it became bitter. But still, a very tasty cigar I thoroughly enjoyed considering it was 103°F outside. I look forward to hopefully finding the next one with a firmer draw. Well done Hammy and Prez!!! 👏👏👏

IMG_8515.jpeg.3ecb7c494dfbf0db4a44f54e8f9a7eee.jpeg

IMG_8516.jpeg.56524d2e89212b0ef0d9dc8e13c302cf.jpeg

IMG_8518.jpeg.97efdb242881a51ad46d4079e3e49276.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm smoking my 4th or so out of the bundle. So effing incredibly good! It stands up to any Cuban hands down. Fantastic blend!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1