Canonazo Amante VI 2023 Tasting thread and smoke along video

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my ROTT review. TL;DR - WELL DONE, a smooth, balanced, delicious smoke.  FOH Puro Desnudo/Nudies N6 (Cañonazo Amante VI 6 x 52, 2023, ~90 minutes, ROTT 6/15/23): Strong aroma of honey, c

Mine dropped a couple days ago.  They smell divine!  Loaded them up into an old PSP2 box 😃

Received shipment yesterday just in time for the weekend. Just lit one up post lunch. Prelight - Firm construction yet a nice easy draw. Cold Aroma is that sweet honey and caramel as advertised. Tooth

Finally after 38 days decided to try one. It was hot and humid. Went with a little foursquare rum for hydration. These smell even better now. A little trouble lighting but once lit perfect burn rest of way. Did not get as much cream as I expected based on the aroma but the leather, coffee and touch of honey. It was very humid so maybe my taste was a little off. Still very very good.  Probably wait another couple weeks. 

19292D91-C3EA-4DC3-A0A4-16BBCE76A995.jpeg

• Like 3

Tried this after the 30 day test period. Pretty good! Buttery and slightly nutty flavour. Some coffee/spices and more leather at the end. Wrapper is thick but very oily. Burn was great, white ash, very solid roll. Trinidad-esque. Will retry in a month or sooner but very good potential. 

1047115D-A702-4935-A58B-F17C8FA609DE.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jonahs_whale said:

Wow. I'm so glad I ordered last week. Looks like they've officially sold out! I wonder when more will be produced. I'm in the 30 day waiting period, but will update once I get the chance.

What????

How can they already be sold out?

I was going to buy a bundle of these. 

Rob, can you tell us when they are going to be restocked?

On 7/28/2023 at 12:21 PM, El Presidente said:

Keep your pants on ;)

Repurchases were 50% higher than expected.

Hammy and I are back from Honduras next week.

canonazo will be back in stock in a few days 👍

I was about to order a bundle or two of these so glad they will be restocked in a few days 👍 

On 7/27/2023 at 10:21 PM, El Presidente said:

Keep your pants on ;)

Repurchases were 50% higher than expected.

Hammy and I are back from Honduras next week.

canonazo will be back in stock in a few days 👍

Glad to hear.  I was holding out for the first of the month when I get my allowance from my wife.  :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JY0 said:

Mine are coming up on 30 days rest. Has anyone tired one ROTT and then with 30 days rest? Curious about the progression.

My first one rott was not sweet at all. A little rough for me and very strong body finish. Had a second 4 weeks later. Was smoother and some hints of sweetness. I recall a whiff of burnt sugar somewhere after half way. Hoping they continue to evolve that direction!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JY0 said:

One month of rest made a huge difference. This is the first NC that I'd buy again and smoke on a regular basis. Amazing cigar already.

Here with Hamlet having a read. He has a huge smile on his face :D

• Like 1

Excuse me while I ask a dumb question. I just got these and am letting them rest for now. So this question is for when I light them up.

When the wrapper wraps over the foot on some types of cigars, like on these, do you make some type of cut near the foot, or just light it like a normal cigar?

39 minutes ago, Fireball Ron said:

Excuse me while I ask a dumb question. I just got these and am letting them rest for now. So this question is for when I light them up.

When the wrapper wraps over the foot on some types of cigars, like on these, do you make some type of cut near the foot, or just light it like a normal cigar?

I would just light it up like a normal cigar. :cigar:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fireball Ron said:

Just light it up :D

• Like 1

Had my 2nd one the other night. Perfect burn. Aroma is really really good. Without the high humidity, taste was on point. 

CF701D01-3C45-4552-938C-103A6BE6F96C.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really enjoying my second Desnudo Cazonazo and this warm weather in Virginia.  One thing that surprised me is the effortless draw. Especially compared to shit sticks I’ve been smoking like Factory smokes.  If I’ve got the money, I’m never going back unless I’m doing yard work  ☺️

IMG_0189.jpeg

How do the Desnudo compare to the Mofoh?

• Like 1

I have been off FOH for way too long. Work and life have gotten in the way too many times. Great to see El Pres and Hamlet lighting it up. I placed an order and can’t wait to put them away for a while.

Rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk