Canonazo Amante VI 2023 Tasting thread and smoke along video

• El Presidente changed the title to Canonazo Amante VI 2023 Tasting thread and smoke along video
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my ROTT review. TL;DR - WELL DONE, a smooth, balanced, delicious smoke.  FOH Puro Desnudo/Nudies N6 (Cañonazo Amante VI 6 x 52, 2023, ~90 minutes, ROTT 6/15/23): Strong aroma of honey, c

Mine dropped a couple days ago.  They smell divine!  Loaded them up into an old PSP2 box 😃

Received shipment yesterday just in time for the weekend. Just lit one up post lunch. Prelight - Firm construction yet a nice easy draw. Cold Aroma is that sweet honey and caramel as advertised. Tooth

They have a nice cold aroma off the feet. BTW, if you have any Upmann#2 dress boxes hanging around, these fit in there perfectly. At least 24 will. I imagine the Cohiba buyers may have some empty Siglo VI boxes hanging around. Surely they will fit in those also.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 99call said:

I'm seeing things that are not there? or is there a bit of candela coloured tobacco in the blend?

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 14.43.28.jpg

I thought it was plume 😂

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2023 at 4:40 PM, El Presidente said:

Cheers for that. :thumbsup:

Hamlet certainly insists on a firmly packed cigar. that doesn't mean they will be a tight draw. We only have 5 "pairs" which consist of a buncher and one roller whose sole role is applying the wrapper. Consistency should be pretty good. We will get better however. It is all about education and enshrining a culture. 

This project is all about getting better and pushing boundaries. We certainly need all of you as stewards. :cigar:

Oh, I'm pretty sure Hamlet has zero interest in recreating the inconsistency of Cuban production! 🤣

Had another last night and review still stands, excellent cigar!

7 hours ago, SCgarman said:

Anyone get flavor notes of salt on the finish akin to Sancho Panza? I did. And wow, second half of cigar flavors really ramp up big time. The finish between puffs was long, intense and strong on the palate. Nice blend, but far from mild/medium! Bordering on full bore in the last 1/2 to 1/3. Maybe a little sleep will tame them a bit. Great burn and fantastic draw BTW. Only the best rolled Habanos are close to that. 

They will settle ;)

The last third should be solid rich medium to most palates but I have had more that a few that move to medium full.  

i love tasting a cigar ROTT. From experience this Cañonazo Amante really transforms with just a little time down. Like a Kentucky derby or Melbourne Cup thoroughbred, it will settle into stride before long. The flavours and pedigree are all there.

Thanks for the review 👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

Rob/Hamlet, Please be sure to thank your team of rollers on behalf of all of us for a job well done. The cigars are firm, well bunched, and have an excellent draw and burn. As we all know what comes out of Havana, great/consistent construction is not a "guarantee" LOL.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SCgarman said:

Rob/Hamlet, Please be sure to thank your team of rollers on behalf of all of us for a job well done. The cigars are firm, well bunched, and have an excellent draw and burn. As we all know what comes out of Havana, great/consistent construction is not a "guarantee" LOL.

Shall do. 

I am catching up with Hamlet today and will pass on the feedback so far. He will be down at the fabrica with the team in a week or so and will take them all out for dinner. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Best constructed and most pleasurable smoke I’ve had in some time. Rott. Immediately ordered another bundle. Could have told me it was Cuban tobacco and I would believe you, just much better rolled. Well done…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2