Canonazo Amante VI 2023 Tasting thread and smoke along video

Mine arrived on Wednesday but I have been away. Echo the comments that the construction seems spot on… not surprisingly given the team behind them! I may cheat and give one a test run but I will try to hold off. Looking forward to continuing to fill my new dedicated Nudidore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my ROTT review. TL;DR - WELL DONE, a smooth, balanced, delicious smoke.  FOH Puro Desnudo/Nudies N6 (Cañonazo Amante VI 6 x 52, 2023, ~90 minutes, ROTT 6/15/23): Strong aroma of honey, c

Mine dropped a couple days ago.  They smell divine!  Loaded them up into an old PSP2 box 😃

Received shipment yesterday just in time for the weekend. Just lit one up post lunch. Prelight - Firm construction yet a nice easy draw. Cold Aroma is that sweet honey and caramel as advertised. Tooth

I don't have much non-Cuban experience, but after 25 years of Cuban cigars, and having smoked 3 since I received them, these Cananazos haven't yet received the praise they deserve. Personally, I think they are superb and will just get more so as they age. I'm experiencing medium-full flavor in the back half, although I do lean toward more medium bodied cigars (Mag46, Epi2, etc). What blows me away is that Desnudos don't use Cuban tobacco, but they have Cuban flavor, at 50% of the cost. It's a mini/max of epic proportions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I love my cubans and have yet to smoke a NC that compares, but these have me tempted. I like a med/full flavorful cigar. Are they shipping from Australia or somewhere else?

Thank you and congrats!

31 minutes ago, bigkev said:

I love my cubans and have yet to smoke a NC that compares, but these have me tempted. I like a med/full flavorful cigar. Are they shipping from Australia or somewhere else?

Thank you and congrats!

All shipments are from Florida

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

All shipments are from Florida

Great, probably not any way to try one first; meaning any singles available? Thank you and congrats again!

Phew! What a rollercoaster. Very strong finish. I'm buzzing now! Nervous slightly spicy start. Smooths out. Great construction for sure. Couple of relights into the last third/quarter. For me not as sweet as I expected. But decent cigar. Well done. Will definitely give the rest a good rest! It builds throughout. Took me 2 hours to get through it. Now I need to eat something and sit down... Sweats n chills!

PXL_20230623_210209484_MP.jpg.4e61584b45209dbfaf4ef0fd076c1633.jpg

PXL_20230623_192417540.jpg.0c7805fd6c26aab3f58dff5508d835eb.jpg

PXL_20230623_191042295.jpg.e3d7747133496886d0800271e0a29d00.jpg

Reminded me of a Nicaraguan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Sweetness will return in about 10 days.  We experienced the same with the first batches sent to Oz. 

Hamlet's brought 50 sticks for me. When we smoked the first  in Mooloolaba they had zero sweetness and ran a touch rough. 

2 weeks later they were back to being great with a little sweetness. A month later and they are exceptional. 

We know travel affects these significantly.  The guys in the US will get an initial better experience than the guys in say Oz. 

It will even out :D

The aroma at cold gives you an impression of a sweeter sided cigar, but it is a bit deceiving. Still a very nice blend. And he had the same experience on the last 1/3rd, it really ramps up to full bodied. I'm resting the 24 for the recommended 30 days.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 8:41 PM, El Presidente said:

Not at this point unless you are in Chicago. Phil at  Up Down cigar is carrying them

Thanks again; Phil is going to hook me up! One of each to try and determine what bundles to get.

Unbelievably good after just one week rest. Had one on the golf course yesterday and though I didn't pay too much attention to the flavors, it was perfectly constructed and I recall thinking it was the best NC I've ever had by a country mile. 

• Like 1

The one I smoked ROTT was the sweetest cigar I have ever had and didn’t think it was that strong. Then I gave one to my father in-law a week later and he didn’t get much sweetness, but said it was very very strong. Like El Presidente says, let ‘em rest a bit to get the full potential of the cigar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dominattorney said:

Unbelievably good after just one week rest. Had one on the golf course yesterday and though I didn't pay too much attention to the flavors, it was perfectly constructed and I recall thinking it was the best NC I've ever had by a country mile. 

Hamlet is going to make fantastic blends be it Cuban or NC tobacco. His talent clearly is on display with these cigars. Obviously having access to aged leaf that is high quality makes great custom rolled cigars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ha_banos said:

If I don't get sweet in a month.... I'm rolling them in honey! 🍯 🐝

Sounds like that last third grabbed you good. I'll admit, there was full body in the tail end of the stick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCgarman said:

Sounds like that last third grabbed you good. I'll admit, there was full body in the tail end of the stick. 

Took me completely by surprise. Tonight's stick, a custom, was fine. So I think it was the Canonazo rather than me.

The tobacco is wet when rolled so I expect that triggers some reactions. I expect as they continue to dry/stabilize they will mellow out.