Canonazo Amante VI 2023 Tasting thread and smoke along video

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my ROTT review. TL;DR - WELL DONE, a smooth, balanced, delicious smoke.  FOH Puro Desnudo/Nudies N6 (Cañonazo Amante VI 6 x 52, 2023, ~90 minutes, ROTT 6/15/23): Strong aroma of honey, c

Mine dropped a couple days ago.  They smell divine!  Loaded them up into an old PSP2 box 😃

Received shipment yesterday just in time for the weekend. Just lit one up post lunch. Prelight - Firm construction yet a nice easy draw. Cold Aroma is that sweet honey and caramel as advertised. Tooth

Just smoked my first one over the weekend. Been resting since they were first offered, so I figured they've had enough downtime now. 

First inch or so I was sort of struggling with it. The draw was too tight for me and I wasn't getting nearly enough smoke. (not bad QC habanos tight, just slightly firmer than what I'd like) Early on what smoke I was getting wasn't very interesting to me either. A lot of 'toasted tobacco' notes. After some massaging and a couple pokes it opened up. By the end of the first third the cigar started to come into form. The sweetness and subtlety of some savory flavors started to come out, totally different than how it started. This lasted until about an inch and a half remained, pepper notes took over and it wasn't what I was looking for anymore. I was satisfied with my first venture. 

I think I've heard prez say to smoke 'em slow....I would 100% agree with that. I think if my draw was better and I took a little more time, the enjoyable 2/3rds or so of this cigar would've went a little longer. I will certainly be revisiting this again and look forward to smoking another. 

89/100 (and would've been a couple points higher if not for firmness)

• Like 1