Deep Dive: H. Upmann Connossieur A

El Presidente

H. Upmann Connossieur A   

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

H. Upmann Connossieur A

Since it's launch in 2013, the Connie A has always been a favourite among FOH but has has found plenty of competition in the last 9 years with the release of other cigars such at the Connie B/San Juan/Rio Seco etal. 

I think it still stands up well ;)

H. Upmann Connossieur A 

• Do you like H. Upmann Connossieur A 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a H. Upmann Connossieur A 
  • Do the poll!

H. Upmann Connossieur A   :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

H. Upmann Connoisseur A PSP.jpg

I liked them when they first came out. Then around 2016 they started to get fairly light. I had a few in 18 or 19 that seemed to be a little bit better but the last one I had a year or so ago was just off. They really do have a distinct bready flavor that's different than the 1 or 2 and it doesn't really appeal to me. Since the 2 came out I doubt I would ever buy another A. 

• Like 3

• JohnS changed the title to Deep Dive: H. Upmann Connossieur A

I’ve had one brilliant example, with a perfect sweet nuttiness to it. Otherwise a bit of a disappointment to me, rather light and neutral, with quite a few loose rolls. But my sample isn’t huge.

Overall I think I’d rather smoke a Connie 1: I’ve had better luck there, prefer the size, and like the touch of rusticity. And of course they are less expensive.

I have had outstanding ones and mediocre ones--from two different boxes.

Imho the Connie 1s are more consistent and I really enjoy them--but at their best they are not up to the standard of the standout Connie As.

I’ve not had too many of each and only have a box of each (as well as various singles or other ages), but so far when the Connie As have been on, they’re a class above in complexity than the Connie 1s.  Like others have said the 1s seem to be more consistent, but when you get a good example the Connie As are A+.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 99call said:

I recall some fantastic LUB? boxes,     Sort of like a connie 1 crossed with a PLMC.   A sweet leathery, bready cigar.   When properly filled with oily wrappers they can be rich opulent cigars suitable for an after dinner slot. 

Yes!  LUB ABR14 was the first box I bought.  They were fantastic, sweet and bready. I have not had any like that since, to the point where I’ve stopped buying them. 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:51 PM, 99call said:

I recall some fantastic LUB? boxes

Yeah, the original run would have been pretty close to LUB in 13-14. Forget what HU was before LUB. MEG was after LUB. They were rich and chewy unlike what I've had since 2016-17.

20 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Forget what HU was before LUB

Had started out with UPE, mid 2013. Then pretty soon switch to LUB (OCT/NOV? 2013). ‘13 and ‘14 production I would consider as one run, original release. Both production years fantastic. Identical blend, and perhaps even same tobacco (vintages) used. I for one cannot spot any difference.

• Thanks 1