Strangest cigar you’ve smoked?

My father in law recently went back to Colombia where he's from and brought me some hand rolls from some of the farms out there.  He told me he had no idea what sort of tobacco was in them, and that when he asked, he was told that they were not allowed to talk about it (which surprised him to say the least).  Surprisingly enough, they were right up there with some of the best, mild, nicaraguan cigars I've had.  They were pretty crude, but at least the bands came off in one piece.  Already have Cuba beat on that one.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mines probably this Punch Ideales - for which there seems to be no information out there...

https://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/product_info_previous.php?products_id=5100

That's not me who bought those btw. Sorry to name drop, had this for Mitch's 40th - so a long time ago now 🤣

It was still fairly early years for me smoking cigars. But have a recollection of it being lovely, smooth, mild, tasty. Bad experience because got me somewhat curious about old Cubans.

I pinged Alex (CCW) about it but he doesn't have any info on his records either!

So that's my strange, mysterious cigar 😊

Anyone have any info?

• Like 3

Ghurka. The leafy end foot beyond a doubt, for many reasons...

• Like 2

Rocky Patel Twentieth Rothschild.

Had a really strong baking spice and candied ginger flavour to it. Almost to the point I had to check online to see if it was an infused cigar.

Not unpleasant, but definitely not what I expected out of an NC. 

• Like 2

*A Cigar I don't think you can find anymore, but a Perfecto Garcia.  None of the people, family and friends in my entourage smoke cigars or cigarettes but as long as I was smoking my Cubans and regular Nicaraguans and Dominicans, they gave them reasonable praise and accolades aroma-wise and environment-wise. When I lit up a Perfecto Garcia that was the only time that they had to find me and tell me that those actually stunk. The others that they were used to they could tolerate, even find agreeable. And though it wasn't a bad smoke in my eyes, they had to stop and take the time to tell me that those were really offensive to their olfactory senses...:blink:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cazador said:

Puris Indios Chief Maduro. I don’t enjoy maduros. This was a slog for as long as I could stand.

Smoked one of those like 20 years ago!  Totally forgot about those

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

This cigar stole my soul and dignity 

*That is a G-R-R-R-E-E-A-A-A-T CIGAR... my tobacconist years ago gave me one (no label on it) and just asked me to try it. WWOOWWW!!! And don't you know you have trouble finding them because they apparently sell out so fast - just like 24:24 :rolleyes: