Do you have one or two celebratory cigars that you reward yourself with?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guess I found mine.  Big SNOW day yesterday. OR BHK56 from 2010 after dinner. Smoked a couple of others along the way.... P1 from the jar. SS#2 '09 RoboT

Open up humidor. Look through humidor. Reemmber im poor and tax is high and i don't have any high end cigars. Remember which cigar i had last that blew my mind. Grab the Boli PC or Punch punch, or RyJ

Only 1 box is being saved for when I hit a milestone birthday. An untouched box of 1970s Dunhill Montecristo Especial no. 2s. A couple more and I will smoke my first one. Other than that, everyth

I have a bunch of reward sticks that I put aside for when I managed to do a series of specific trapeze tricks.  Now that my rig is closed, I'll need to reassess those goals.

Monte A has become a staple at New Years Eve for me.  Apart from that, I usually reach for the older/more expensive sticks if there is something to celebrate.  

• Like 2

One Cohiba Maduro 5 in the stash that is going up in smoke on Friday when I walk through the door of my new house!!!  Other than that it would be my Hoyos.

• Like 3

Right now for me that would be:

Dip Bushido, of which I only have a few left.

Boxes of PSP Cohiba Lanceros and Talisman

A gorgeous perfect box of PSP Partagas Lusi's. 898's are also a special occasion cigar for me, esp. now with them currently MIA.

• Like 3

I smoke two or three cigars a week so I consider them all reward or special occasion cigars. I have a few '01 Esplendidos. These are some of the first Cuban cigars I bought online and were too tight to smoke early on. They loosened up considerably and as time wore on and I learned how to store cigars. I'll probably smoke one during the holidays.  Recent price increases have me thinking smoking Cohibas is akin to burning gold leaf.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

Open up humidor. Look through humidor. Reemmber im poor and tax is high and i don't have any high end cigars. Remember which cigar i had last that blew my mind. Grab the Boli PC or Punch punch, or RyJ Petitie Royale and enjoy. ?

Right, hard to beat a perfectly aged Boli PC :cigar:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fugu said:

Right, hard to beat a perfectly aged Boli PC :cigar:

How uncanny, I actually had a medium-aged Bolivar Petit Corona just yesterday (ETP Mar 17 box code so 3-and-a-half years). Perfectly aged? You probably mean around 5 to 7 years? Less or more perhaps? I'm curious because Bolivar is a marca I've not smoked much of over the years (excepting recent Bolivar Belicosos Finos).

As for the original thread question, I usually go for aged Cohiba (most often Esplendidos) or something rare in my humidor such as the Diplomaticos Bushidos or Montecristo 80th Aniversario.

• Like 3

I don't have a ton of High end stick in my collection yet.   I will say Cohiba Coronas Especiales or Coro.  Man after hearing all the Fundi responses its is time to pick up some.   I had a single stick that was amazing but have not purchased anymore.

• Like 1

Sir Winstons are my go to for special occasions and celebrations. I adore that cigar with some age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BeerPimp said:

I don't have a ton of High end stick in my collection yet.

Regular cigars can still be high end to you.  My cab of 2015 Por Larranaga Petit Coronas are amongst what I consider my high end sticks.  The most special cigar in my collection is the last Des Dieux from the first box of Cubans I ever bought, above all the other signficantly more expensive cigars in my collection.

• Like 4