Your house is on fire.........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The house is insured for 400K more than what we paid. Let that f**ker burn.

I would grab nothing, then let the insurance company handle the loss of my mastercase of 2001 Cohiba Edicion Limitada...

The marine cooler to the right in the back room....it is essentially a box, correct?

12 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Your house is on fire. 

Family and pets are safe on the lawn. 

You run in and can pull one box out of your humidor

...........which one do you pull :o

funk dat - my office is close to the front door and "arnold" (my tower humi) is on wheels!!

?

One box of Bolivar Tesoros because I haven’t tasted any yet. I guess that makes me a gambler ?

Otherwise no sweat as all is insured. Would be an interesting process with the claim for sure ??

Probably MdO #2. 

FYI- most of your insurance policies won’t cover Cuban cigars, if you’re counting on claiming them in a total loss Fire. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

Probably MdO #2. 

FYI- most of your insurance policies won’t cover Cuban cigars, if you’re counting on claiming them in a total loss Fire. 

You can get a special policy or rider. Even Americans. 

13 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

The house is insured for 400K more than what we paid. Let that f**ker burn.

Same here, but I'd still grab my untouched box of 2014 fundadores. Gotta have something to hold me over while the insurance goons cut the check, and then theres the shipping turnaround. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miamipadronsmoker said:

You can get a special policy or rider. Even Americans. 

Maybe a rider for cigars, but unless they are pre-embargo, they are considered contraband. An exception would be if you have receipts from travel that were within the allowable limit. Contraband is excluded from coverage on most any insurance policy. 

Most times an adjuster would probably cover them within reason, but if it’s $20k with of Cubans, I can almost guarantee you would have an issue. 

11 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

Maybe a rider for cigars, but unless they are pre-embargo, they are considered contraband. An exception would be if you have receipts from travel that were within the allowable limit. Contraband is excluded from coverage on most any insurance policy. 

Most times an adjuster would probably cover them within reason, but if it’s $20k with of Cubans, I can almost guarantee you would have an issue. 

Cuban Cigars per se are not contraband. You are legally allowed to bring them into the US. As long as you disclose your items and value you can insure them. I'm speaking from experience on this. 

Top box, which is an easy grab. It's a PLPC cab with a dozen left, the remaining space in it holds the odds n sods from boxes almost done - BCJ, Principe, RG Perlas, Shorts, SPNP and a couple of PLPs from memory.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

My arms would be full of vintage guitars and Fender tweed amps and a 1950 Max Roach signature snare drum.    

I’d subsist on writing blues tunes about my lost cigar collection, the drums and K Zildjians I couldn’t carry and smoking White Owls until an insurance check rolled in....

???

Why do you do this to me, Rob??? 

I’ll admit, I had the grey hair when I joined FOH, but I didn’t have the angina....

• Like 2

On 7/5/2019 at 10:57 AM, Islandboy said:

Esplendidos. But they’re sitting right on top of two boxes of Lanceros....and I have big hands. I think I’d break the rules (wouldn’t be the first time) and grab them too.

I’m in exactly the same predicament lmao ? 

1 espy or 2 colas 

probably the Espy given it’s higher price

8 hours ago, miamipadronsmoker said:

Cuban Cigars per se are not contraband. You are legally allowed to bring them into the US. As long as you disclose your items and value you can insure them. I'm speaking from experience on this. 

Does anyone have an issue cheating the insurance company?  They are just cigars.  Idk what kind, I just know what I paid. 15k. Give me a check please. That k you. 

Thinking about it more, El Pres has posed a real dilemma here. Of the collections I have, the cigars are the easiest and least expensive things to replace. I very much doubt they would be the first thing I reach for. Insurance means very little for something that is irreplaceable. If I could make a sweep past the humidor though and my arms weren't already full ...

• Like 1