What are you going deep on, now?

6 hours ago, JLinz said:

I was about to post the same question!  ?

For me it's HDM Rio Seco first and foremost, then a smattering of HURR, Connie A/B, Mag 54, and QDO 50/54 (although these are becoming harder to find).

As if it were planned, was lucky enough to get a head start and grab a box of the Connie B's on 24:24 today!  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every year I try to put 2 great boxes of D4s away, they are my staple and I like both fresh and aged... I guess after some patience I can say I've gone deep on them...but still would like more :)

At the stage in life, where kids gone, house paid for. Have worked hard and put away, time to enjoy.  Not a big drinker or golfer, but I do enjoy cigars. Still work hard.....but I enjoy what I do so i

Siglo VI. First of all, I love them,  Secondly, the way the prices have shot up in recent years, as well as the scarcity that seems to comes and go, I figure I should buy as many boxes as I can.

Obviously “going deep” has different meanings for others, but for me it means 3-4 boxes.  I don’t sell on the secondary market and so getting multiple boxes is just for the collector/hoarder in me and personal satisfaction.  I plan to smoke everything I buy, hopefully over many decades. 

I went “deep” on the Mag 56 EL, and looking at the recent auction prices I am happy I did.  

Currently picking up excess boxes of Connie B’s, mostly because I’m “concerned” future years won’t be as good as the release-year boxes. 

I’ve also been picking up my share of Connie A, as the last two years and this year’s boxes have been fantastic (to me). 

Skinnies across the board, but especially Cohiba as the prices go up each year.  I think others are right that Siglo VIs and any other hard-to-find Cohibas are a good bet, but gosh, they are just so hard to find! 

I’ve been accumulating boxes of SCDLH for the last few years as I’m worried any one of the sticks could get cancelled.  I adore them all. 

And, while not necessarily “going deep,” but I’ve tried to pickup at least 1, and sometimes 2, of the remaining 50-cab offerings as those seem endangered to me.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Chef said:

I’m new to Cubans. Unfortunate, most of my experience hasn’t been great. For instance, four out of the six pack of Lusitanias I bought have been plugged. I’ve had a couple of Reyes that offered nothing more than soap and sawdust.  However, I’ve had a handful of good ones. If I had to choose right now, the Cohiba Robustos, Bolivar PC, and the Monte 4 is where I would go wall to wall. 

I hope you had the Perfect Draw to open up those Lusitanias ?

I've not gone deep technically on anything. That said, as I get more space in my new Avallo, I plan to add another cab of PLPC and then a couple boxes of BPC. The smaller format and thinner ring gauge cigars are on their way out it seems so that's where my mind goes.

7 hours ago, db13 said:

@eljavi76 You were right re: that message you sent to me from Jorge's phone last month in Cuba, Hector's farm is an incredible experience. Managed to pick up some lanceros, Dalias and BHK56 farm rolls. My god are those good... I'm glad you had a wonderful experience seeing your family there as well.

Thank you for the sentiment. I'm glad you made it there and enjoyed your visit. How good are his BHK 56 stix? My fav cigar from this last trip, and it wasn't even close. I only bought a few and ended up kicking myself. I'll be back in November tho. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JohnS said:

I am awaiting a second box of Por Larranaga Montecarlos, 10-count Quai d'Orsay 50's and a box of El Rey del Mundo Demi Tasse. Basically the stock I'd like to smoke within my 'go-to' rotation.

I have a Montecarlos with my coffee every morning. Love them. 

• Like 1

I sold a lot of EL and RE stuff about 5 years ago and mostly bought Cohiba Robustos, and Siglo IV, and III.  I seem to be hitting Monte Cristo pretty hard for the last few years. 

• Like 1

I am plagued with “one of everything,” so deep is only two boxes in any single selection.

Still no boxes of Cuaba, Diplomaticos, El Rey del Mundo, Fonseca, Jose L. Piedra, Quintero, Rafael Gonzáles, Vegas Robaina or Vegueros.

But, STRANGELY, I am beyond capacity in a 150 Qt Coolidor, 2 tupperdors, 1 tall tupperdor with wheels, 6 extra large glass or plastic storage containers/jars and a small wineador for limited NC storage...

• Like 1

I like variety so I have many different boxes.
I wouldn’t say deep but I have a couple boxes of Cohiba Robusto, La Trova, RACA, and would like to add some more Connie A to the aging humidor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not really going deep on anything - I prefer variety. I do buy another box of Punch Punch, RASS, BRC, Connie A, et cetera when there is a good sale and I am more than half way through my current box.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

At the stage in life, where kids gone, house paid for. Have worked hard and put away, time to enjoy.  Not a big drinker or golfer, but I do enjoy cigars. Still work hard.....but I enjoy what I do so it's more like playing for me. I wouldn't say weslthy, but comfortable.....and by the way if I choose to put down some cigars for the future, what's the harm in that?

Tommy continues to lead the life we all aspire to...cheers to you and yours on this independence day weekend! MB

For me? I wish I had the means to go deep on JO ELs...but real life has gotten in the way recently...all good...I will be back in action soon enough

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

At the stage in life, where kids gone, house paid for. Have worked hard and put away, time to enjoy.  Not a big drinker or golfer, but I do enjoy cigars. Still work hard.....but I enjoy what I do so it's more like playing for me. I wouldn't say weslthy, but comfortable.....and by the way if I choose to put down some cigars for the future, what's the harm in that?

I want to see your 1955 Thunderbird 

7 minutes ago, mbflash80 said:

Tommy continues to lead the life we all aspire to...cheers to you and yours on this independence day weekend! MB

For me? I wish I had the means to go deep on JO ELs...but real life has gotten in the way recently...all good...I will be back in action soon enough

Hey Mike hope you have a wonderful 4th. You know if everything was easy all the time, we would get to where we didnt appreciated the good times. I  just don't understand why some people  think the way they do. But that's probably a good thing.

Cheers

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TBird55 said:

TBird55, from my calculations, that stockpile of yours is growing at an average annual rate of return of 12%+ from the auction prices as of late.  Smart play to have stocked up when you did.  You’re not only a cigar smoker but an astute cigar investor. The only problem I have with it is you didn’t ask me to go shopping with you. 

I joked with @MigsG that we should set up a hedge fund in the Caymans to buy “Cohibas for the Future”. You can be the chairman of the board for C4F, Cayman LLC!  

Glad to see your hard work paid off and you still have time to enjoy the fruits of your efforts. Cheers to capitalism and fine CCs!  Happy 4th to you. 

• Like 1

After being a “one-of-everything” guy for a few years, lately I’ve been choosing to only purchase things I consistently enjoy. CoRo, RASS, JL2’s, and Dip 2’s are my bread and butter lately so I try and have a couple boxes of each resting.

• Like 1

I only recently discovered how much I like a few of the LCDH releases. I’m going down on Libertadores, Superiores, and of course La Trovas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ComancheKeen said:

After being a “one-of-everything” guy for a few years, lately I’ve been choosing to only purchase things I consistently enjoy. CoRo, RASS, JL2’s, and Dip 2’s are my bread and butter lately so I try and have a couple boxes of each resting.

Nice line up! ??  I’ve never tried a Dip 2 but that’s dry boxing now for the weekend.  Picked up a few singles and looking forward to it. I have full boxes of the others mentioned and agree completely.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Islandboy said:

I only recently discovered how much I like a few of the LCDH releases. I’m going down on Libertadores, Superiores, and of course La Trovas. 

Freudian slip?  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Islandboy said:

I don't believe that I would have said that...or maybe I would have....?