What are you listening to?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

• 2 months later...

I grew up on the rave scene (when they were still underground) and electronic music has stuck with me until now. I still go to the parties, however its drinks only for me. Of course I manage to light up a cigar inside and watch the security scramble to figure out who is smoking. They never catch me sneaky.gif. I am enjoying mostly trance and house. This is one of my favorites, Above & Beyond, the video is from their show at Madison Square Gardens NYC, going to see them next Sunday as the tour stop in Toronto. The first track is just simply amazing.

Still into the 70's Jazz tonight. I think this is exceptional. Listen for the jet taking off. This songs always brings me up. Especially with Bourbon and a fine cigar from Rob.

Great album and sound, I need to dust off some his albums and fire up the turntable.

Thanks for posting this up, some great jazz around those days.

• Like 1

I'm currently going through a mid-life crisis phase of music listening and have returned to a bit of old school stadium rock like Guns and Roses and Bon Jovi plus aussie rock like AC/DC and Angels plus a bit of metal like Sabbath and Iron Maiden. Maybe it's the Summer weather. If anyone can make any recommendations for songs that sit somewhere between 'Take a long line - Angels' and 'Run to the Hills' - Iron Maiden' it would be good. I'm running out of old school while my mood is up and about. I've even taken to downloading 'She's my Cherry Pie by Warrant' which really is the last straw.

As Autumn and winter fall I reckon I'll return to Bowie and Joy Division. I can hear 'We can be heroes' blowing in the southerly breeze. peace.gif

If anyone can make any recommendations for songs that sit somewhere between 'Take a long line - Angels' and 'Run to the Hills' - Iron Maiden' it would be good. I'm running out of old school while my mood is up and about. I

A couple of songs that come to mind are RATT - The Morning After, and UFO - Lights Out. Vince Neil's Tattoos and Tequila is good fun, and maybe check some L.A. Guns. The Lone Rangers - Degenerated. The list goes on.........

• JohnS changed the title to What are you listening to?