What is your profession/job & how many cigars do you have right now?

37 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

im a professional ultra marathon runner...and i run exclusively in crocs

about 3000 cigars 

Is that you bro?

pjimage-2.jpg?fit=1200%2C750&ssl=1

• Haha 4

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wheelwright and restorer of Big Healeys..... an obscene number..........

If I posted it and my wife were to ever read it, she might kill me.....

I count ballots in Pennsylvania. I have between 1 and 100,000 sticks. 

I am on the front end of bringing in new clients for a development, design and construction company in the middle west.  We work mostly with dentists, vets and other boutique medical clients, finding and developing real estate, designing and constructing buildings to go on them.

I don't have enough cigars but I have been buying a fair amount via 24:24.

I also officiate futbol on the side.

Fun thread, interesting group here :)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

i love this....social engineering at its finest ! thanks to all for sharing lol 😃

im a professional ultra marathon runner...and i run exclusively in crocs

about 3000 cigars 

Yes, Social engineering for the win.

Love those Facebook quizzes.

What's you dog's name.

Your first car. Make and model.

Mother's maiden name.

First 5 digits of you social security number.

Favorite place to travel?

Your favorite bank and account number.

Where were you born and when.

And so on....

Can't believe the number of people that "play" these games.

PT Barnum said it best.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TroutBum said:

Fly fishing guide approximately 250

Now that's what I am talking about.  I am jealous but I also know it takes a good guide dedicated to the sport and the people to make a good guide.  Not a cake walk I am sure, but as they say, trout don't live in ugly places as a general rule :)

• Like 1

Very fortunate to be able to make a living at least for the time being doing this stuff, now with that obligatory statement out of the way, some days you do question your own sanity and wonder if you should grow up and get a real job, but it’s the most rewarding thing I’ve found to do so I think I’m gonna try to scratch it out as long as possible... and it’s true my office view isn’t too rough😂

• Like 3

On 6/25/2021 at 5:15 PM, Heels82 said:

How do you feel about Andy's fish wheel on Life Below Zero?  

Love it. I helped indigenous groups build fishwheels for selective fishing. Far better than gillnets 

On 6/26/2021 at 11:21 AM, therealrsr said:

I serve female patrons who are looking for companionship,   Don't judge, the law license was too many hours..  I have about 500.

500? That's a lot of female patrons looking for companionship.

• Haha 4

Registered nurse and professional bullshit artist in the heart of Big Bend in Texas. Mountains. Desert. 

I reckon I've got about 2200 sticks, about 50% NC and 50% CC. I'm getting my smell and taste back, and so have put an absolute halt on non Cubans excepting PGs and a few davidoffs.

If anyone finds themselves out this way, holler at me and I'll bring the smokes.

• Like 3

On 11/5/2020 at 1:02 PM, Kaptain Karl said:

For those of us who aren’t excel wizards or like me who are ADD, the Cuban cigar website has a feature where you can put your entire stock on their site and track everything. I just did it last week and it’s freaking awesome! 

Vyvanse for the win baby!  Can't imagine facing a work day without it.

Attorney. Was a very casual cigar smoker (maybe 1-2 a year) for years and suddenly got very into the hobby early last year (after a particularly fantastic Ashton ESG). Currently have about 800 cigars, 700 of which are Cubans. I got very interested in experimenting with home aging early on which is why Cubans account for the majority of my cigars. I tend not to bother trying to age non-Cubans so I only keep enough on hand to smoke at my leisure. 

Once I started in on Cuban cigars, things... quickly got out of control. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, stevenhaugen said:

Senior IT Director for one of the world's largest tobacco companies (sadly, not one that produces cigars!). I just bought a new 5000 (capable) cigar humidor although I reckon it's about 15% full :)

Mostly Davidoff (Yamasa, Escurio & Nicaragua Box Pressed) but also CCs and other delights. New to this forum and loving the 24:24 to start spending excessive and unnecessarily to feed my habit !

remember over 20 years back I was offered a consulting gig at one of your competitors in Winston Salem NC..  I got the call because I had worked with  a programming language called "Natural" and a Database product called "Adabase" both were Software AG products which I believe is German ?  

I just stumbled onto these tools at MCI telecom in the 90's.. It seemed like the people most familiar with them were Russians and ironically ex US Marines.... 

Didn't take the job and hoping I can get out of the IT game in the next 4 years.... 

I work in occupational health and drivers medicals, making everything run the way it needs to. Essentially I spend a large part of my week telling doctors what to do while getting paid a fraction of what they’re on. I arrange medical services for some of the major companies in logistics and public transport here in the UK. I also advise HGV, bus and taxi drivers about obtaining or renewing their licences.

I have about 200 cigars at the moment, some more than 20 years old.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 5:17 PM, Texwrangler said:

Own a horse farm in Florida.  Buy and sell hunters and jumpers (truly the sport of king yet I still find myself shoveling horse poop more often then I care to admit). I retired from a job in DC only to find myself working more hours and twice as hard to maintain the place.  But in the evenings when the horses are contently munching on hay in their stalls and the place is quiet, I’ll sit on the front porch overlooking the barn, ring, and paddocks and while in the old comfy rocking chair with the jack russell sitting close by I’ll smoke whatever I fancy.  Best feeling in the world. Mostly Monti’s with some HU’s mixed in.  Last checked about 500 give or take 50. 

F5C3DCB4-9A8B-405A-B8AE-1E9E5EEE97D8.jpeg

Very nice.  Our fall trip is usually to Keeneland.  We have a friend with a thoroughbred farm we stay at.  So relaxing just having a smoke on the porch watching the horses romp and graze.  It's nice not having to work there but I sure do get it.  I plan to retire in that area when the time comes....soon

• Like 1

Account executive for a staffing agency. 

18 boxes of cubans 

7 boxes of non cubans and about 50 non Cuban singles 

400-410 in total ( and growing :) ) 

selling off most of my new world cigars. I have found that cubans have more complexity, a cleaner finish/aftertaste and they don’t get bitter or harsh in the final third. 

VP Manufacturing for AP and European production of intermediate chemicals and nylon polymers. Based in Shanghai for the past 10 years. 

Roughly 2000 CC, no NC. Prior to 2019, most of my sourcing was from Europe. After discovering FOH, I’ve been sourcing almost exclusively from our host. 

• Like 1