Official World Cup Thread

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing about Brazil 2014 so far? No vuvuzelas!

As a Liverpool fan, I'm disgusted. No supporting that. He's crazy and needs help.

I had a good chuckle at the latest Private Eye cover:

tumblr_n6yf2jt9hI1sqmjg8o1_500_zps3991b6

Not any more. (We'll probably squeak through and make the final now...)

switzerland_waving_flag_256_zps7bb76076.

Come on Switzerland!

• Like 1

Well done to CR! Very disappointing in the sloppy play of the Italians. Too many off-sides and errant passes in the final third. Seemed to me that Pirlo dropped further back in the midfield, and became ineffective?

Because their defense is very weak, simply.

Exactly. And the funny part is the ex Gunners (Djouru, Senderos) are the weakest part of it.
  • Like 1

We didnt play well, CR had a good game plan, must win against Uruguay!

Bart

agreed, The azzurri didn't show up today, came out totally flat. They have to attack more. The two Balotelli chances in the first half we huge, wish he was just a little more sharp with his first touch, but not his fault for the loss.... That's for sure.

I could be wrong but based on goals, a draw with Uruguay could be enough to put them through. Still want to see some passion and a win on Tuesday!

• Like 2

Personally I'd like to see a team Great Britain in the future comprised of players from England N.Ireland Scotland and Wales, it seems sensible to increase the size of player base and to also create unity on the island, too much negativity and nastiness between the home nations.

Never happen though, the individual football associations would have to be for the idea and it would put themselves out of a job, a cushy high paying job at that!

• Like 1

I would've never thought the Honduras Ecuador game would be the most exciting game today! Even with France crushing Switzerland, which had a great second half. Well worth staying up till 2am for.

Good to see fifa doing something about the poor officiating. The linesman that blew the calls on two of Mexico's potential goals against Cameroon has been relieved of his duties.

One less knucklehead is better than nothing.. party.gif

Personally I'd like to see a team Great Britain in the future comprised of players from England N.Ireland Scotland and Wales, it seems sensible to increase the size of player base and to also create unity on the island, too much negativity and nastiness between the home nations.

Never happen though, the individual football associations would have to be for the idea and it would put themselves out of a job, a cushy high paying job at that!

Add Wales alone - you get Ramsey, Bale and Williams as starters :o

It will never happen though

• Like 1

Good to see fifa doing something about the poor officiating. The linesman that blew the calls on two of Mexico's potential goals against Cameroon has been relieved of his duties.

One less knucklehead is better than nothing.. party.gif

Amén!

What a game! Not as good as Germany - Ghana, but a hell of a game! Group G is shaping up to be the most exciting group.

Tomorrow The Netherlands play Chile for the first place in Group B and for the right to not have to play Brazil! Finally we'll be able to watch them play in orange!

• Like 1

36 seconds to go. Yikes!

Heartbreaking for the US, keep trying - still not out yet.