Official World Cup Thread

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing about Brazil 2014 so far? No vuvuzelas!

As a Liverpool fan, I'm disgusted. No supporting that. He's crazy and needs help.

There has been a lot of talk about Brazil not playing well, but they have found a way to win when they needed too. It will be interesting to see how they do with Silva and Neymar out.

I am curious about the Argentina vs. Belgium game tomorrow. If Lukaku plays well I think Belgium has a change to surprise Argentina.

Brazil were fortunate that the ref was very lenient. James was kicked from pillar to post all match. But it was a stunning free kick from Luiz that deserved to win any match.

I thought the same, you could see how frustrated James was and he lost his composure in the first half. I thought the ref allowed too much culminating with Neymar getting injured, as the tackle looked like payback. Also, one of the linesmen seemed a bit dubious to me, but Luiz's goal was impressive and it deserved to send Brazil through. I just wish the Colombian defender was not asleep on the first corner, as it would have been a different game.

• Like 1

Another close, crazy game.. Of course, the better team usually finds a way to win. I bet the Dutch are happy they had a 9 foot tall keeper they could sub in for the shootout. 2thumbs.gif

I am surprised at some of these PK attempts though. I know there is a lot of pressure, but Ruiz is the team captain and his shot was horrible. Slow and nowhere near the corner.

Still a good run by Costa Rica.

Two good games over the weekend! Shame for Neymar and I think it'll take the spark out of the otherwise (IMO) average Brazil team. I think we're going to end up with a Germany vs Netherlands final next Sunday!

Two good games over the weekend! Shame for Neymar and I think it'll take the spark out of the otherwise (IMO) average Brazil team. I think we're going to end up with a Germany vs Netherlands final next Sunday!

I agree, although I'm very interested to see what Brazil can put together without him. Confidence in Germany seems unreasonably high, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to watching.

I am not really a fan of either team, but it is a shame to see Brazil fall apart like this... Credit to Germany and their powerhouse lineup. I think their bench could beat a lot of teams.

I think it's brilliant. Soccer is boring in the first place. And the Brazilian team annoys me, while I like Deutschland more in general. This is an epic ass whooping in the offing. I approve!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Every time they show the stands, it's another crying Brazil fan. Sad. But still makes me chuckle a little since I've never seen a meltdown like this. Well, not since the last Superbowl. LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is soccer. Just an epic game. I like the way it is. Pretty much :D This Selecao shouldn't even come this far. There were way better teams. And I also think its brilliant.

back in '54, Russia - German score was 5 - 20.

i didn't believe it as how can the Russians let such a fatal hemorrhage through. But after this game and how the players play after each goal, i can see how it's likely.

Brazil players still diving and trying to cheat to get free kicks, shameful performance of epic proportions.

now, now, Capt Quinny...

i'd give them the benefit of the doubt. they're just passionate and really want to just get one goal in. the way their shots are being taken and continuously being blocked, i don't blame them