Official World Cup Thread

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing about Brazil 2014 so far? No vuvuzelas!

As a Liverpool fan, I'm disgusted. No supporting that. He's crazy and needs help.

He's a doosh and he's very feminine...

Funny you should say that. The wifey and I were commenting about how it seemed like he was wearing makeup. He simply looked too pretty to not be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ronaldo's cross was super classy, his abrupt exit without shaking hands was not - disgraceful.

Agreed Bill.

Ronaldo was pretty much a passenger in the game until then. He looked disinterested at best, lazy at worst. I suspect there is not a great deal of harmony in the Portugal dressing room or at least between Ronaldo and coach or key players.

• Like 1

Klinsman was doing the old "prevent defense" strategy at the end. Doesn't work well in American Football, not so good in Football either

I thought I saw Klinsman waving frantically, trying to get the boys to back off about 20 seconds before the last goal. I think the problem was too much pressing forward.

• Like 1

Unbelievably horrible defense by the United States

Totally agree with u the guy who scored for Portugal ran past 4 defenders untouched and how in the world do u leave Ronaldo unmarked on the wing n stoppage time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with u the guy who scored for Portugal ran past 4 defenders untouched and how in the world do u leave Ronaldo unmarked on the wing n stoppage time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. This and they just looked so confused all night long. Looked nervous on clearances. Just pitiful. They could have won 3-0 is the back line cleaned it up and Bradley put away the open net....

Yup. This and they just looked so confused all night long. Looked nervous on clearances. Just pitiful. They could have won 3-0 is the back line cleaned it up and Bradley put away the open net....

I agree Portugal could have won 3-0, lucky USA had Howard to bail them out.

It will be interesting to see how England will get on this afternoon. Going with youth is what they should have done from the start imo. And with Lampard in the middle marshalling things I believe they will get the win..... Or not :-P

They couldn't even restore a little pride with a consolatory win! At least they didn't lose I suppose! England get to go home with just a single point!

Got to say - even if Italy had won the previous game - we wouldn't have deserved to have defaulted through! We just haven't played very good at all!!

Never mind! Come on Chile! Let's earn me some money! lol3.gif

As a Liverpool fan, I'm disgusted. No supporting that. He's crazy and needs help.

He really does have problems! ITV and BBC were both discussing whether he may have genuine problems. I mean that behaviour was disgusting... And not normal!

He really does have problems! ITV and BBC were both discussing whether he may have genuine problems. I mean that behaviour was disgusting... And not normal!

Did you see his post-game interview? He said: "things like that happen in football, but it was nothing"

The Ivory Coast - Greece game was ridiculous! I still don't know what exactly happened in the end, but what a climax.

Italy didn't deserve to advance. Suarez is the Mike Tyson of soccer...a true mad man. If he wasn't so good at kicking a ball he wld b in a shitty run down prison in Uraguay doing hard time...

Disgusting man, how many times does Suarez have to bite someone.

But, even if Italy advanced I don't think they would make it far, just not sharp. They have to change their style and play to win. They were back the whole game and then when Marchisio is carded they had no ability to press and go for the win.

Balotelli again can't control himself, that proved to be a huge card.

Disappointing for sure and an end of an era. Buffon and Pirlo won't be around for the next one. Who knows who will step up as their leader.

Since Suarez pretty much admitted to it on twitter, and they have the photo of the guys shoulder with a bite mark.... They should just go ahead and ban him for the rest of the World Cup.

• Like 1