Official World Cup Thread

Ole ole ole..... Chile! Chile!

⚽️⚽️

An happy chilean!

+1 on behalf of my wife.

I'm an Aussie/Hungarian/Austrian (What a mix!) and I myself support Germany ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing about Brazil 2014 so far? No vuvuzelas!

As a Liverpool fan, I'm disgusted. No supporting that. He's crazy and needs help.

Lots of navel gazing in Spain tonight about the team they sent!

My parents are devastated thumbsdwn.gif

On a positive note, well done to the Aussies. Hell, if you are going to go out, you might as well go out all guns blazing!

Cahill goal was a standard set for future generations of Aussie young players.

One game against Spain to go. We have a -3 goal difference after Chile and the Dutch. Spain -6. A shame Cahill won't be playing..but we dream of an upset party.gif

Talk about the "group of death!"

Cahill goal was a standard set for future generations of Aussie young players.

One game against Spain to go. We have a -3 goal difference after Chile and the Dutch. Spain -6. A shame Cahill won't be playing..but we dream of an upset party.gif

Talk about the "group of death!"

i liked the tweet in the paper that said now that cahill is out, at least it might be an even game. spain would be a happy place about now.

and even if cahill occasionally carries on like the proverbial pork chop, i believe that he has now scored more goals in world cups than rooney, ronaldo and messi combined. cop that, world!

+1 on behalf of my wife.

I'm an Aussie/Hungarian/Austrian (What a mix!) and I myself support Germany ;)

U gotta wait couple of more decades to support Hungary :/ as it looks now

I hope now Australia will go through Spain and that is the end of an era. They got everything in the last 6yrs we all knew it will end at some point. Though this finish is really a bitter one for them.

I think Dutch won't be close to the final. They are just firing everything they have too early.

• Like 1

Beside Spain, has your opinion on anyone else changed over the first round of games? For me:

Positive: France. They look deadly. They have so many options going forward and Griezmann looks like a worthy substitute to Ribery. They're deep and dangerous.

Negative: Belgium. I was not high on them coming in to the tournament, but something seems off with them. It feels like the lack the ability to get the ball in dangerous spaces in the final third of the field. I truly believe that's what separates the elite teams from the very good teams. The creativity to break down teams sitting back. Hazard played well, but too often he was out wide to the point he couldn't influence the game where it mattered. I don't think the Fellaini goal will be available when they play a team like say Italy or Germany.

Oh...there we go...there's that inevitable disappointment I was waiting for!!

England's defence is just not good enough! Yes, in the last 30 minutes we actually played quite well up front...but where

was that the rest of the game?

England were crap, no point us going through if that's the standard of play. Best thing about that match was the 93 point 898 i smoked during it, stunning

dyzu2esa.jpg

• Like 2

Oh...there we go...there's that inevitable disappointment I was waiting for!!

England's defence is just not good enough! Yes, in the last 30 minutes we actually played quite well up front...but where

was that the rest of the game?

AMEN!

Yep that's the England we know and love! School boy errors, zero passing ability and crippled by fear. A true reflection in the scores of a team without any world class players

I think what really shows it is the stats. I saw it come on screen at one point late in the second half that England had nearly twice the possession, twice the passes and twice the accuracy of Uruguay.

With stats like that, any other team would have absolutely smashed their opponents!!

• Like 1

I think what really shows it is the stats. I saw it come on screen at one point late in the second half that England had nearly twice the possession, twice the passes and twice the accuracy of Uruguay.

With stats like that, any other team would have absolutely smashed their opponents!!

Most telling stat. England 6 shots on goal and 5 saves and Uruguay 2 shots on goal and 0 saves. Doesn't get it done.

• Like 1

I don't actually think we (England) played too badly, but we just haven't got good enough players (plenty of good ones, but no-one really outstanding who can regularly change a game with a moment's brilliance like Suarez)

Still, a miracle could take place and all result go in our favour and we sneak through, but nonetheless its been a great World Cup so far and I will enjoy the rest of it (and being half German I still have a team to support :))

• Like 1

U gotta wait couple of more decades to support Hungary :/ as it looks now

Hungarians were great back in the 50's and 60's but like any team, people get old, they retire and the new blood is not always better or worse... :) Perhaps one day they will return.