• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

This morning I started off with a A. Fuente Double Chateau (171 x 50) w/ a sun grown wrapper. I believe the wrapper is grown in Ecuador, while binder and filler is from DR. It comes with a cedar sleeve and decorative black ribbon on the foot.

post-8257-1297708929.jpg

I've been through a box of these, and find them a quite consistent pleasant smoke. My neophyte palate senses peppery spice, which is felt near the back of the mouth and nostrils, from the first few draws, and then a sweet (processed sugar) taste throughout the rest. I can't sense much more than this . . .

This morning I had a Tatuaje, Cojuno 2003. I was a great cigar. Not knowing much about this cigar, it was recommended by someone at the Davidoff shop, I put off smoking it for a while. Had I known how enjoyable it would be, I'm sure I would have been tempted sooner. Pre-draw had an unusually strong taste of nuts, maybe oily cashews, not sure. Overall, it had a very pleasant bitterness, like that with well balanced coffee, chocolate etc. without tasting like one or the other precisely.

post-8257-1297790747.jpg

Last couple of days

96 Lusi..........best cigar I have had in a while

09 Monte #2......not bad

09 Tainos........hit and miss, still too young

08 Monte #4........smoked while grilling, kept my attention

07 Upmann #2.........still one of my fav cigars

08 PSD4.....pretty good......these have been hit and miss with me

08 RASS.........better than I was expecting but wouldnt smoke every day

Bart

Romeo y Julieta Romeo #2 -06. Enjoyed with Coke and some Finnish reggae music.

What a pleasant surprise! Caged in a tube for almost five years has made this cigar very stylish. I smoked another one two years ago and didn't expect this to be such a good one.

Toasted dry tobacco, very close to Bolivar style. Hints of sweet hay. Cocoa, vanilla and coffee. Creamy end. Very tobaccoish aftertaste. Overall strength medium to full. My recommendation is that do not smoke these too young.

At the moment I feel slightly better than James Brown did. ;)

Montecristo Edmundo -06.

Quite mild. Nothing very special. There was some nice honey on the last third though, but that's all.

These cigars were a little more flavoursome at the age of one. I think Edmundos "die" very young and are not suitable for aging at all.

Some people like these very much, I don't.

La Gloria MDO 4 TEB 08

Box just arrived. A little too moist but we have tornado warnings tonight so figured smoke a small cigar on the deck with 60 degree weather. I have a box of #1's from 01 that I have been slowly smoking that are great. This 4 is a little tight and over humidified. But that's ok. I started smoking slow and gave up. Smoking at a regular pc pace and tastes good. Faint fruit taste and perfect burn. These are going to be good. Will go in the humidor for a good nap. Another good TEB box.

Also smoked a H Upmann Sir Winston last night that was amazing. Never considered buying them as they are more than my usual pc's. I think I can get 75 cigars for the price of 25. But after smoking it I ordered a box. Not my size but this will be for special occasions. Amazing.

Thank you

Kwg116.

R.Gonzales M. PC from PAL JAN 09

From a fiver that I purchased a year or so ago. Good draw and a razor sharp burn. Mild to Medium body. Started off with some grassy nuttiness. Led into some toasted tobacco and ended with a delicious, dare I say, creamy spice?! Very good smoke and a pleasant surprise.