FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Cohiba Secretos Box Date ? Covered up by health warning sticker

Got tired of watching football and decided to have a cigar. Had a few zip lock bags out of the cooler and did not want to go rumaging around. Picked the Secretos. Got these from Rob when they first came out so they have to be about three years old. Smoked half the box and last one was last september. Funny thing is the cigar tasted the same. Very flat with a distant taste of the coffee/chocolate everyone talks about but that was it. These will go back to sleep for a few more years. I can not believe they did not evolve (good or bad) in the last year. Hope they get better.

Yesterday smoked a Bolivar CJ TEB oct08. It was good but I think they are in their sick period.

Best cigar of the last month Hoya Epi Esp. These are awesome.

Thank you

Kwg116

Agree with you on the Epicure Especial. They have quickly become my favorite HdM cigar.

• Replies 88.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Managed to get in a Punch RS 12 last night with the last of my laphroaig 10yr. Outstanding cigar!! Something didnt agree with me though, whether it was too little food or too much scotch, the nicotine hit HARD!!

Dip 5 March 07

Took a two week break from smoking as the the temps in Nashville were quite cold. Got back to smoking a week ago and the first few cigars didn't taste good. But I think my palet is getting back to normal. I thought those first cigars would be magical on a pretty clean palet but they were not.

Got this box from Rob a few years ago and they have been great. I have turned a few people on to the magic of dips with this box. Funny thing I have never had one get sick on me. I have savored them and smoke them every few months. This one is fantastic. Burn was a little off but damm good. Light chocolate and very smooth tobacco taste. Too bad they are discontinued. Have about 7 left and two more boxes and one box of dip 4 put away. Thought maybe I would sell them in 10 years for a huge profit but I will be keeping them for myself. Plus I got them right before the prices went up. So they were a steal.

Also smoked a BBF last night from a May 10 box. Never a big fan of these but showed a lot of potential. Very smooth but a little boring. Burned perfect for a windy night on the deck.

Happy New Years

Thank you

Kwg116

Big cigar day.

Started with a RyJ 01 LE. Very good.

Sir Winston with a few years of age next during the Rose Bowl. fabulous! Too bad the Badgers lost. Good game anyway.

Finishing a RyJ 05 LE belicoso. This is good too.

A great start to 2011.

Happy new year everyone.

All the best for the new year!

---Sam

Yesterday two winners- an 07 BCE and 08 Cohiba CE. The winning streak continued today with an 06 Boli Corona. Love to find another box of these!

I have been getting some flack for posting about the Boli Coronas but have to agree that the POS '06 cigars have been stellar!

Just finished my first SLR Series "A". Wife gave me a "08" box for xmas. A very nice smoke I must say. Some familiar flavors in there but was surprised by a type of fruit flavor in there that I was unfamiliar with. Any suggestions to what fruit I may have been enjoying?

Just finished my first SLR Series "A". Wife gave me a "08" box for xmas. A very nice smoke I must say. Some familiar flavors in there but was surprised by a type of fruit flavor in there that I was unfamiliar with. Any suggestions to what fruit I may have been enjoying?

I have attributed a dried black cherry taste to SLR cigars in day past. It is not like they all have it but if I were blind tasting a cigar I would probably label the cigar an SLR. -Piggy

thurs- mag 48 with a mate (not bad but not good)

fri- SLR serie A (pretty average, very dry, shipping troubles lol), dip 4 (awesome as always)

sat- Partagas serie d no 5 LE (great! leathery, salty, peppery...thanks Steve /ozcuban!)

My daily (tomorrow) smoke anticipated with much pleasure. :huh: Cutting back to one day a week now; stepping up the training... :cigar:

Watching the sunrise: strong expresso with Partagas Short (EMO MAY '10 cab) that is already delivering big time.

Watching the sunset: yet to be defined drink with a Bolivar Inmensas (TEB AGO '09 box) untried box as of yet. Could do with suggestions for the drink from those who have had the Boli before?

Partagas Short cab April 10

I think I got one of the good cabs everyone raves about. Purchased these about 6 months ago. Fantastic ROTT. Hit a little rough period and now just dug them out. Sad thing is I buried them in the humidor so I don't touch them. Even sadder thing, I was going to buy another cab after this hoping for a cab with the same box code but the price went up by $12 and I didn't buy another. Boy was I an idiot. I do have back up cabs of BPC's (one TEB which are great) and PLPC but these shorts are amazing. This is a my favorite partagas by a long shot. I don't think I have ever been let down by a partagas short.

Thank you

Kwg116