FOH'ers Daily Smoke

An rascc with a little Dewars on the rocks.. I know...a blended Scotch...but what the hell...most of us Americans are mutts anyway. This is the 3rd or 4th rascc I've ever had, and, so far, they remind me of what a monte 4 used to taste like about 15 years ago. (it could easily be a faulty memory on my part). Really enjoyable.

• Replies 88.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Last night I smoked a Bolivar Corona Extra from 2007. Very nice cigar that I won off of a great BOTL here on FoH. My opinion on Bolivars is quickly changing.

Trinidad Robusto T

Monte #2

Got out of work a little early for the holiday. Had a rough morning as someone stole my debit card # and pin and managed to withdraw 1400 in cash before I found out this morning.

So decided to smoke something special. Started with a robusto T. Well it was terrible. Threw it out about 1/4 of the way in. Tasted like a shitty reyes. Big reyes fan but every once in awile you get a bad one.

Went back in and grabbed a monte 2 from my singles drawer. Not a huge monte fan,smoked a #5 the other night from a may 2010 and it was rough. I think they might come around. About 1/4 in to the monnte and its pretty good. Nice dark wrapper and good construction.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Thank you

Kwg116

Guest Robinmzg

Yesterday I was smoking an Ramon Allones Belvedere from Aug 2000

a short machine made smoke. It was Medium to Full Body with a Colorado wrapper

It tasted spicy,earthy and at the end it gets a little bit creamy and wood.

Great every day smoke

Greets

Robin

Hoya Du Maire 07

Bought a box of these a few years ago from Rob. These have great cigars. Maybe 6 were plugged out of the whole box. Was down to four and decided to smoke the rest of the box the last few days. These are so woody like a typical Le Hoya but more concentrated because of the size. They were way better than the Trinidad T and Monte 2 the other night.

Also smoked a pretty good H Upmann Con #1 yesterday. But the Du Maires have been better than most of the cigars I have smoked lately.

Thank you

Kwg116

PLPC Nov 08

Me and my girlfriend painted our bedroon this weekend and had to empty the humidor to move into another room. Took this as a good time to go through my cigars. Decided on a PLPC. These have been sitting for about 8 months. What a big improvment. Started off a little rough but by the first third started to get the great PLPC caramel flavors. Paired with Dunkin Donuts iced hazlenut coffee ala jay hemmingway (anybody see him anymore?) Fantastic finish and cigar burned perfect. Not one touch up and razor sharp burn. Glad I have this cab and a 2010 cab in the coolidor.

Thank you

Kwg116

i confess to smoking this Padron 1926 anniv series that i'd had in the humidor for 2-3 years... it was smooth and consistent and tasted of nothing much. VERY bland. how strange, when i got them they were rich and overly powerful, didn't age well at all, not that i particularly liked em in the first place.

but next day had a hoyo du maire from my 98 box, lovely cinnamon, cedar and nuts, perfect after coffee. feel like tying three together and smokin em in a one-er...

Had a Party Pce from a abr09 box. I can't stop smoking these even with there youth. Strong party flavor. Great burn and just enjoyable from start to finish. Later a Psd4 from another early 09 box. Decent burn with great potential in the box. Time to revist it in another 6 months. Same night got to hang out with Colin of Eccj with a ton of great botls at my local shop in IL.

Smoked my last Hoya Du Maire. Got back from my company christmas party and decided to end the evening out on my cold deck and smoked my last one.I did have a bunch of 98 punch coronas for after dinner,but too much food and good wine everybody was ready for bed. Du Maires are fantastic. This is one box I have had for three years and can remember about 15 of these and when and where I smoked them. Like bassman said about his Partagas, these were mythical. One of those special boxes that I will always remember. Thanks Rob.

Thank you

Kwg116

Partagas Short out on the deck, watching the most glorious, flashing redneck Christmas lights. The kids and I installed them all over the dock... candy cane pilings, icecicles, colored lights on the handrails, flashing tree.... I feel like Snoopy. I'm running low on these shorts, and have an order in....but I think I should have ordered more. Maybe Santa will bring me some.

Partagas Short - Stellar...just as a Partagas should taste.

Bolivar Corona Junior - Fantastic...I'm really coming around to the Bolviars and quickly becoming a fan.

San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe - Hard to get anything out of this cigar. Nearly plugged. Tossed halfway through.

Yesterday had a great meeting with Ross (Onsto) and some other great BOTL's in Vancouver.

Smoked 3 Cigars - with varying results......

Saint Luis Rey Coronas - EMT Feb 08. I smoked one a year ago right after purchasing the box. It wasn't read, not by a long shot! A year later, round 2 with this Corona didn't yield much of a better result - please similar experience as to a year ago - flavours all over the place, with the exception of a short period at the start of the final third, where some distinct stone fruit shined through. This cigar needs much much more time I think - Will re-evaluate in 2012

Ramon Allones 8-9-8 - NOT from the box that I have and covet, this was a single from a small B&M in Vancouver that I picked up - the guy had 4 singles and I figured I would be a fool to leave without picking up at least one! Turns out the Joke was on me....this bastard was nearly plugged with a very hard draw (despite a distinct Sponginess that made me wonder why the hell it was so difficult to take a puff!) and the taste I derived from what smoke I could generate was a pale shadow compared to 898s from my box. A horrid smoke that I gave up on halfway through.

despondent now, I picked up my final smoke of the evening,

Punch Belvederes - 2000 - Yeah, leave it to a C&C to deliver the best smoke of the day! A easy draw, with a metallic note that was the only unpleasant part of an otherwise satisfying cigar. Rich Punch flavours that left the other two cigars in the dust.