• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Smoking a 2009 Sir Winston as a tribute to a recently deceased family member. This week I received word that my cousin's husband passed away in his sleep, unexpectedly, at the ripe age of 54. I've known him since I was a kid when he married my cousin. He was a barrel of laughs then and still is. We lost touch these past 15 years. I'd see him at the odd wedding here and there. Recently, my GF needed some emergency work done and was fretting over who to call. I suggested we give Alex a call. He'd be glad to come over and give us his opinion on what needs to be done. Alex has been laying tile for the past 30+ years. His son took up the trade and that made him proud and happy. He was an artist in his own way and he loved to work. If there was a job he could squeeze in, he'd do it. From tiling to plumbing to carpentry. He's done it all.

Dec 2013, we saw a lot of Alex as he helped us out, getting things done. Over a 10 day period he'd swing by to give us updates and sit with us for a few espressos, some Sambuca or Grappa. It was great to reacquaint with him and reminisce. He was always a scrappy guy who wouldn't let anyone pull the wool over his eyes, but he had a great way with people and could manage to resolve conflicts with his down to earth manner. He was a lean, mean tile laying machine. I surely thought he'd last into his 80's. He was a proud father of two daughters and a son. In January 2014, he was able to give away his youngest daughter away in marriage. He worked like a dog to make sure she would want for nothing on that day. And he succeeded. I'm glad he had that one, last final hurrah before succumbing in his sleep.

This Sir Winston I've fired up is as smooth, classy and vibrant as he was. A fitting selection I'm pleased to say.

Alex. This one's for you. RIP paesano. You did good in your time and will be missed. :flower:

My condolences as well Frank.

Smoking a 2009 Sir Winston as a tribute to a recently deceased family member. This week I received word that my cousin's husband passed away in his sleep, unexpectedly, at the ripe age of 54. I've known him since I was a kid when he married my cousin. He was a barrel of laughs then and still is. We lost touch these past 15 years. I'd see him at the odd wedding here and there. Recently, my GF needed some emergency work done and was fretting over who to call. I suggested we give Alex a call. He'd be glad to come over and give us his opinion on what needs to be done. Alex has been laying tile for the past 30+ years. His son took up the trade and that made him proud and happy. He was an artist in his own way and he loved to work. If there was a job he could squeeze in, he'd do it. From tiling to plumbing to carpentry. He's done it all.

Dec 2013, we saw a lot of Alex as he helped us out, getting things done. Over a 10 day period he'd swing by to give us updates and sit with us for a few espressos, some Sambuca or Grappa. It was great to reacquaint with him and reminisce. He was always a scrappy guy who wouldn't let anyone pull the wool over his eyes, but he had a great way with people and could manage to resolve conflicts with his down to earth manner. He was a lean, mean tile laying machine. I surely thought he'd last into his 80's. He was a proud father of two daughters and a son. In January 2014, he was able to give away his youngest daughter away in marriage. He worked like a dog to make sure she would want for nothing on that day. And he succeeded. I'm glad he had that one, last final hurrah before succumbing in his sleep.

This Sir Winston I've fired up is as smooth, classy and vibrant as he was. A fitting selection I'm pleased to say.

Alex. This one's for you. RIP paesano. You did good in your time and will be missed. flower.gif

My deepest sympathies to you and your family Francesco. You and your family are in my prayers

Alex. This one's for you. RIP paesano. You did good in your time and will be missed. :flower:

Condolences to you and your family bro. Sorry to hear this.

Today is the day had these guys for almost a year I believe it is a 1998 monte A

8ymutavu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex. This one's for you. RIP paesano. You did good in your time and will be missed. flower.gif

Very sorry to hear Frank, my condolences to you and your family.

With the newer, glossy band, it can't be a '98.

Did quick search in Trevor's site I looks like standard band b so it's somewhere between 03-06 by bad.

Did quick search in Trevor's site I looks like standard band b so it's somewhere between 03-06 by bad.

It actually does look pre 2003 to me. It is the lightest brown color to me, but anyway hope you have the day off. Enjoy!

It actually does look pre 2003 to me. It is the lightest brown color to me, but anyway hope you have the day off. Enjoy!

I do lol I saw it sitting sideways in my humidor and thought day is a good day for it.

Surprisingly great draw and burn haven't touched it up yet

degutese.jpg

Finished in 2hr 30min quicker than I thought fantastic stick. Now I have to try to keep my hands off the other one I have.

Today is the day had these guys for almost a year I believe it is a 1998 monte A

8ymutavu.jpg

That bad boy is a 2006, actually.... enjoy it!

I was sad to read this, but a very fitting and moving tribute, Frank. My condolences on your loss.

I had very high hopes for this Vintage 1997 Esplendito

...but it was an absolute dog rocket so was forced to let it die just past halfway as the flavour profile was just horrific !

jy3esepe.jpg

Does not look like '97 wrapper to me. That could explain why.

My first CC in the United States.

The second third has really opened up. I am loving this cigar.

post-20609-0-29656100-1398718750_thumb.j

• Like 1