• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Busy day at the office... The office being Hudson Bar and Books in the west village and work being a brilliant monte 520 and a 98 cohiba esplendido....I gotta remember to NOT touch my 2013 cohiba a for at least five years....

Great place Stan. When I'm in the City I usually head there on Tuesdays - Whiskey Night. Can get some great drams at incredibly reasonable prices.

We'll have to meet up next time I'm there.

Smoked blind cigar #2 this morning - great cigar reviewed in the Blind tasting thread.

SCDH El Prinicipe while grilling a spatchcock chicken. Fresh and strong.

• Like 1

Leo what year Fundi do you recommend? I still have yet to try one

Leo what year Fundi do you recommend? I still have yet to try one

I'd recommend 1998. Wish I had some left, one would be yours.

I've got some 2012 that are pretty good right now, one's yours as well......

I'd recommend 1998. Wish I had some left, one would be yours.

I've got some 2012 that are pretty good right now, one's yours as well......

Cool thanks Mike. From what I've read the Pre 2002? are a Different Blend? And from that I got that the Blend was Superior before they changed them

yny6yqun.jpg

Rounding out a funking incredible long weekend here in Brisbang with a Monte 520 and a Brooklyn Local 1!

We had a water bomb fight Friday morning! Went to Rob's coffee tasting with some mates! Took the kids out in the new Croozer! Went to Eat Street Markets! Saw Smithy twice! Then went to a vineyard today! Totally killed it!

If only these 520's lost 10 to 15 mill in girth, they would be in my current top 5 cigars!

Stay rad,

Jeremy

From my mobile phone

• Like 1

2008 Siglo III... disappointing smoke. It was lacking complexity and sweetness. I definitely won't be buying any Cohibas when I buy cigars again. They are not worth the premium. For the prices, you would think they would pay more attention to putting out quality blends. I get much more enjoyment out of my $7.00 Bolivar, Partagas, and RA coronas.

2008 Siglo III... disappointing smoke. It was lacking complexity and sweetness. I definitely won't be buying any Cohibas when I buy cigars again. They are not worth the premium. For the prices, you would think they would pay more attention to putting out quality blends. I get much more enjoyment out of my $7.00 Bolivar, Partagas, and RA coronas.

Might Have Been just a Dud or Just in a Off period but SIglo IIIs with Age are Fantastic Cigars. I have 05 08 and 12. 05s are my favorite but the 08s don't disappoint. There are good Cohiba Sticks don't let one knock it out of rotation. CCEs(My Favorite) and Aged Lanceros and Siglo I Siglo IV. All great sticks. Hope you revisit them

H Upmann PC UPE MAY 13. Not even a year from the box date and these are not only approachable, they show a lot of promise! Gonna try and let the other 23 sit undisturbed for a year or 2 innocent.gif

Smoking a 2009 Sir Winston as a tribute to a recently deceased family member. This week I received word that my cousin's husband passed away in his sleep, unexpectedly, at the ripe age of 54. I've known him since I was a kid when he married my cousin. He was a barrel of laughs then and still is. We lost touch these past 15 years. I'd see him at the odd wedding here and there. Recently, my GF needed some emergency work done and was fretting over who to call. I suggested we give Alex a call. He'd be glad to come over and give us his opinion on what needs to be done. Alex has been laying tile for the past 30+ years. His son took up the trade and that made him proud and happy. He was an artist in his own way and he loved to work. If there was a job he could squeeze in, he'd do it. From tiling to plumbing to carpentry. He's done it all.

Dec 2013, we saw a lot of Alex as he helped us out, getting things done. Over a 10 day period he'd swing by to give us updates and sit with us for a few espressos, some Sambuca or Grappa. It was great to reacquaint with him and reminisce. He was always a scrappy guy who wouldn't let anyone pull the wool over his eyes, but he had a great way with people and could manage to resolve conflicts with his down to earth manner. He was a lean, mean tile laying machine. I surely thought he'd last into his 80's. He was a proud father of two daughters and a son. In January 2014, he was able to give away his youngest daughter away in marriage. He worked like a dog to make sure she would want for nothing on that day. And he succeeded. I'm glad he had that one, last final hurrah before succumbing in his sleep.

This Sir Winston I've fired up is as smooth, classy and vibrant as he was. A fitting selection I'm pleased to say.

Alex. This one's for you. RIP paesano. You did good in your time and will be missed. flower.gif

So sorry to hear that Frank!. My most sincere condolences my friend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk