• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 minute ago, JohnS said:

If you could ask one question of the current co-presidents of Habanos S.A, Inocente Núñez and Luis Sánchez-Harguindey Pardo de Vera, it probably wouldn't be, "Why call this cigar the Punch Punch Punch?" I mention this because you'd think that the moniker of a cigar being repeated three times would bring it attention over the years, but ever since the Punch 48, Asia-Pacific Regional Edition Punch 8-9-8 and the new regular production cigar, the Punch Short de Punch came out, I can't help but feel that the Punch Punch Punch has lost a little (or a lot) of its limelight.

I've often wondered the same thing.  The name is a bit of a doozy sometimes and maybe I just haven't smoked enough of the vintage ones to know the "Punch" behind it and rather usually get those peanutty notes, but in regards to the name, it seems a bit redundant..

Great review here and thanks for your tasting notes.  I agree that the Punch Punch is being slightly overshadowed by the newer releases as you mentioned and do hope HSA puts as much vested interest into this classic as they seem to be doing with the newer releases of this marca. It's a staple cigar for sure and wish for it not to be 86'd from their future lineups.  Could just be me being skeptical, but all good things come to an end at some point.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yadegari6 said:

JL 1 UTL April 2019 courtesy of our host. Beautiful sheen and wrapper, and a wonderful smoke

Agree. I’ve got the same box code and never had them before. Very tasty

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ry27 said:
The cigar wouldn’t stay lit but the few puffs I had had a very nice burnt marshmallow flavor 
CBDA5155-3098-49F7-8C3D-5E365E510901.jpeg.77ebd20f60759254655d4c1efd575c16.jpeg

Nice sticks. Always loved the look of mizuno blades.

21 hours ago, LLC said:
Always sad when you take the last of a 50 Cab. SOM SEP 15 Punch Punch.
e3eae4526d928199881c1349569114a6.jpg
Followed by joy opening up a new 50 cab. RAE MAR 15 Punch Punch.
3b20c47051dd1ae4f92cefff07453ed1.jpg

I was about to say, how many cabs do you have of that PP, as I have seen you post that cigar many times with that code. They are great cigars, wish I got a cab when they were around.
Enjoy Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3