• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert...and a Mag 46
20190113_105505.thumb.jpg.2eb0c7391d2a4e7c7854d84f99a5fa77.jpg
I thought I was the only one with a broken holder on my ashtray lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, IanMcLean68 said:

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Prince, SOM JUN16.

Thank you @JohnS for the very kind gift! I am a big fan of the Des Dieux, but I had never tried this one.
I was never likely to either, proving yet again what a great bunch of guys the Sydney boys are!
Now that they are discontinued, I am both very glad and a little sad that I did try it!

To repeat what you said when you last reviewed this same cigar John, I am also blown away by this one.

Enjoyed in the wee small hours right now with coffee. Glorious combination.
Colorado maduro oily wrapper, very firm, seamless. Perfect construction! Aroma at cold of spicy cedar and leather. If only Cuba could do this all the time!

IMG_0029.thumb.jpeg.07b23acb33b502fa2f10a6164349a73e.jpeg

Perfect Cuban draw, slightly firm and a little resistive, just the way I like it.
Creamy, slightly woody texture. I can taste the classic Le Hoyo DNA in this.
Sweet spices, hints of vanilla bean, with a slightly woody sweet cedar spine. Bakers cocoa and sweet baking spices intensifying throughout. Started medium, intensifying to a little over medium towards the end. Full flavoured throughout. Glorious aroma on the smoke. What a magnificent cigar. Easily one of the best petit corona sized CC's I have ever smoked. How could HSA possibly have thought of discontinuing these? Damn I love skinnies! Thank you again so much John for giving me the opportunity to try this now sadly discontinued cigar!

IMG_0033.thumb.jpeg.748bb3d613c7b88ea3e1b3b193fc27f2.jpeg

IMG_0034.thumb.jpeg.07601aa145aa0ae5f391956db7c3841a.jpeg

Nubbed it!

Ian, what an amazing review. Of course it's my pleasure to share, but you've made me do a "180" in my thinking on these. I'm so tempted to reach for one at the bottom of my humidor to see how they are travelling, after all, they've just hit the two-and-a-half year mark! My, how time flies! ?

1 hour ago, saintsmokealot said:

RACF

d8626c28b09845f02d5f6c4dc8f5168f.jpg

What a tremendous Regional cigar. I hope it did not let you down! ?

55 minutes ago, bigbwalls said:

970BC3E6-FD63-48DF-B183-177E8D624AFA.thumb.jpeg.40805ffddf514e9f1177c044f84c0e1f.jpeg

Getting some snow in north central PA today. Smoking a delightful Connie #1 from an August 2017 box. 

Fantastic image there! ?

• Thanks 2

Just now, Burningman said:

That may be an ugly cigar but the scenery looks pretty good to me!

Thanks - just a foggy, chilly day up on the mountain. She was ugly but was about as tasty as a NC gets - lots of chocolate Raisenetts. The age muted all of the Opus X pepper and jalapeno.

38 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Ian, what an amazing review. Of course it's my pleasure to share, but you've made me do a "180" in my thinking on these. I'm so tempted to reach for one at the bottom of my humidor to see how they are travelling, after all, they've just hit the two-and-a-half year mark! My, how time flies! ?

It really was that good. I highly recommend you dig one out and revisit John! Surprised the life out of me that a Le Hoyo could be so good at just 2 1/2 years of age. I can only imagine how good these are going to be at the 5 or even 8 year mark, because it has the legs ?

2007 Opus X xXx - one ugly cigar with a pretty band
A0C81418-F046-4028-8DF0-576E6AD0333A.thumb.jpeg.5a71764e4ec6f6e83f7d112f8ab2d975.jpeg
The xxx is a belicoso, so I don't think that is one. It's probably the ugliest opus I've ever seen haha. Hopefully it smoked better than it looked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

The xxx is a belicoso, so I don't think that is one. It's probably the ugliest opus I've ever seen haha. Hopefully it smoked better than it looked.

It was a xxx, probably the angle after cutting. Horrendous looking but damn tasty for NC.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:30 AM, Luca said:

Apologies to hear about the house deal falling through for you. I am yet to venture on the house buying journey. Great cigar choice to pick up your spirits!

Thanks fella!