What are the chances? $650 USD D4 July 25.

Partagas Serie D Number 4   

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given PSD4 is now $400 a box in Cuba, what are the chances that it will be $650 in July 25?

If my maths are correct, at the current rate of increases that is where it will land. $26 a stick. 

Likelihood? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I’m not educated enough, on all the variables that are driving cost, to even hazard a guess. But I reckon you are.

That being said, I’m inclined to take your question as fair warning!

This is already a reality other places. Price gouging is happening all over the place, with reputable sites selling boxes of D4s for $800+

With the supposed worst crop coming up, $650 is basically already a reality

• Sad 3

They are and they will. They dgaf about the little people. Cuba is drowning and desperate. They will continue to raise prices. They have nothing to lose.

• Like 1

There are a fair percentage of vendors selling D4 in the $550-650 range now so I would say it's pretty close to reality now. 

24 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

They are and they will. They dgaf about the little people. Cuba is drowning and desperate. They will continue to raise prices. They have nothing to lose.

They should raise prices as high as the market will bear. And they weren't taking care of the people before either, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm sufficiently deep on CC for the long run - thanks entirely to FOH. My interests have shifted entirely to building my Nudie stock. Can't wait for the Cañonazo to be released next month.

For those who didn't go deep prior to the price increases, buying RASS, PSD4 and BRC now is still a smart move. They will only go up in price.

Guest Nekhyludov
1 hour ago, Bri Fi said:

change this forum to Friends of Nicaraguans 

Or perhaps F#ck Off Habanos would be timely 😂

I can live off a steady diet of party shorts and rascc along with the nudies and my current stock of CC for years. Glad I got what I did when I did. 

• Like 1

UK retail is $800 already and that's the cheapest, one of the biggest chains is selling at $915. We used to have old stock on the shelf for years, with everything selling still price rises are inevitable.

• Like 1

Lock it in. Is demand going to fall? Why would it - in fact it feels like the opposite is much more likely (I have no data). Is supply going to increase? Probably the opposite. But if and when supply issues are addressed, surely they will keep the new prices.

You know, we can all live without Cuban cigars.

• Like 1

by the sounds of everything people are saying about the CC industry, and the mass brain/skills drain....it's possible the production of cigars stops completely, if that happens prices will go from insane to unfathomable.      It's very hard to read. 

I was thinking of selling a good 70% of my collection at todays prices......the possibility of total Cuban collapse is the only thing that has me holding off

• Like 2

It'll go higher I bet. When all this began I thought there would be a ceiling in the mid 3's but I have been proved wrong. We are already into the 400's and sellout is in minutes every time they are available. There are clearly enough people with deep enough pockets to not care about the price. If I were Habanos I would just keep cranking it up and up, cause why not? Until people stop buying at these prices they never will come down. 

I said unlikely, but it might. i think the increases will continue till they pile up,, then reassess the market. Find the top, get some sales figures, then adjust as necessary.  
I am not paying 400$+ a box no matter what band they put on it. Plenty of great house sticks sub 10$ imo 

Prices in stores at the island are guided by world retail prices. Habanos raises the price for its distributors annually by exactly as much as it has officially announced each year. Am I wrong? Of course, there is also a minimum retail price, which is set by each regional distributor…
It will rise to $650 if production volumes decrease even more. Here we are talking about the survival of retail stores, especially affected LCDHs, which is prohibited for selling NC.

Just wait until they start selling anejados reyes in 6-7 years. 2000 a cab.

I hope they stop this crazy increase on especially regular production cigars. Was just talking to a friend who said “wow can you imagine the high end NCs you can buy at the same price as Cubans now”. So true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk