What are the chances? $650 USD D4 July 25.

Partagas Serie D Number 4   

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A friend is in Cayo Coco right now.  The LCDH staff report Asian customers are going for broke.  One bought out the entire stock in February and even tried to get the house roller to sell every custom roll he has or can get his hands on before he left.  The feeling is that pricing is going to go as high as it can to the point where the millionaires will start to complain..  that's their market.  Period.  

• Haha 1

I am all but positive, that by July 2025 (if I interpret the question correctly, and not July 25 of this year) they will be 25 to 28 bucks a stick. People will still buy then, but likely not the same people who used to. 

1 hour ago, Puros Y Vino said:

A friend is in Cayo Coco right now.  The LCDH staff report Asian customers are going for broke.  One bought out the entire stock in February and even tried to get the house roller to sell every custom roll he has or can get his hands on before he left.  The feeling is that pricing is going to go as high as it can to the point where the millionaires will start to complain..  that's their market.  Period.  

That likely eliminates 95% of the members here. Myself included. Bring on the new generation of Nudies Rob!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, GaryK 54 said:

My interests have shifted entirely to building my Nudie stock.

There was a discussion somewhere here recently stating NC's do not age well ? Personally don't see why , is it because the tobaccos being used are already at peak age ?   

36 minutes ago, helix said:

There was a discussion somewhere here recently stating NC's do not age well ? Personally don't see why , is it because the tobaccos being used are already at peak age ?   

Many NC's are rolled with the tobacco aged already. So they will not evolve and get better with age like Cubans will. Take for instance Padron 1964's. They are rolled with 4 year aged tobacco. So they are ready to go as soon as you crack the box open. They won't get any worse in 3 to 5 years in the humidor, but won't improve with age neither. 

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

Many NC's are rolled with the tobacco aged already. So they will not evolve and get better with age like Cubans will. Take for instance Padron 1964's. They are rolled with 4 year aged tobacco. So they are ready to go as soon as you crack the box open. They won't get any worse in 3 to 5 years in the humidor, but won't improve with age neither. 

I've heard from few US based smokers that their 10YO Opus X boxes taste the same as their fresh ones. And in the case of Padron, the 1964 series dont change much over time but the X000's series Padrons age very nicely.  The whole rolling a cigar with aged tobacco seems to have limitations despite its' novelty.  From the Cuban side, I've found the Cohiba Maduro line doesn't age well beyond its' original box date.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bri Fi said:

Friends of Nicaraguans

And I'll be part of the rival Friends of Dominicana just to be contrary.

But yeah, today's 24:24 basically put me out of the CC market. $10 minutos, $20 Pyramids: time to switch to nudies and b&m deals.