Goodbye my friend,this one's for you.

So sorry to hear. Losses of close ones really f'ing suck. I am glad you are able to take some time with a cigar and reminisce--it doesn't make it easier, but it at least helps you think of the good times and process. Let me know if you need anything at all. 

• Thanks 1

I know how you feel, will keep you and your friend in my thoughts and prayers..

• Thanks 1

Sorry brother, hope that cigar helps the good memories flow.

This reminds me, I’ve got a “Charlie” from my younger years (don’t we all have one?) that I need to reach out to and catch up with. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all . The hard part is that he didn't have the best go of things in life and many of us tried to help him. 

• Sad 1

So sorry to hear about your loss Ford.

I know how it is to try to help someone you care for. In 2017 I lost my only brother to alcoholism. Tried so many times to provide inpatient help, he always refused.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, cgoodrich said:

So sorry to hear about your loss Ford.

I know how it is to try to help someone you care for. In 2017 I lost my only brother to alcoholism. Tried so many times to provide inpatient help, he always refused.

Yes it's a rough thing to have to watch. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Sorry brother, hope that cigar helps the good memories flow.

This reminds me, I’ve got a “Charlie” from my younger years (don’t we all have one?) that I need to reach out to and catch up with. Thanks.

So well said, @Islandboy. You remind us all to reach out to the “Charlie’s” in each of our lives. Time passes so quickly …

My condolences to @Ford2112 . The loss of a loved one or dear friend is so hard to accept. Sounds like you were a good friend to him. 

• Thanks 1