Deep Dive: Cohiba Siglo II

El Presidente

Cohiba Siglo II  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cohiba Siglo II

BC = Before Cigarmageddon. 

BC, the Siglo II was generally regarded as the classiest smoking petit corona in the world. I loved smoking them. Well I still do but I can't bring myself around to smoking them that often any longer. 

Forgetting the price & focusing on the cigar itself (it's not his fault that his parents are nuts), let's discuss Cohiba Siglo II :D

Cohiba Siglo II 

• Do you like Cohiba Siglo II 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Cohiba Siglo II 
  • Do the poll!

Cohiba Siglo II  :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

Cohiba siglo II HQ OCT 18 .jpg

• Like 1

I obviously don't reach for a Cohiba Siglo II as often as I used to. I have acquired a few quarter box acquisitions across a number of box codes in the last few years and I seem to remember the Cohiba Siglo II was less fuller in body and strength in the past in comparison to the samples I've tried of late. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy them less.

• Like 1

I love Siglo 2, probably my favourite of the Siglo line.

I'm usually good at smoking through boxes slowly and sparingly, however once they hit 5 years I ran through an MUO ABR 14 box of Siglo 2 in no time. I didn't at the time think I'd have any trouble replacing them. I have got a replacement but with the price rises these are now an occasional/special occasion smoke. Nuts for a PC.

• Like 4

My favorite vitola, done in just about an hour.  BC it was really my only affordable option for getting into Cohiba, but still was on the expensive side for a petit corona.  Now forget about it, not spending $30 for a petit corona under any circumstances.   

• Do you like Cohiba Siglo II 
    • very much!
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
    • I like it better than the Bolivar PC, but not by too much.  PLPC is a distant 3rd for me.  
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
    • Since 2019 they seem to be much richer of a profile, stronger bodied than I remember.
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Cohiba Siglo II 
    • 50-70 minutes
  • Like 4

I’m not a PC or minuto fan. It’s not rational, I do like the corona vitola and each incremental lengthening of the 42 ring gauge cigars.  I have PCs but they tend to be  the second cigar of the day when my palette is less keen. I like the Bolivars best. It’s not that I don’t like the Siglo II, I just don’t care about them and wouldn’t pay the price for them. Could be my loss but I’ve had enough of the Siglo IIs to be ambivalent.

On 9/29/2022 at 10:18 AM, Silverstix said:

Since 2019 they seem to be much richer of a profile, stronger bodied than I remember.

I agree. I’ve moved to smoking my 2019 stock to give my 2015’s more time to age. 

One of my go-to cigars - or used to be. I won’t be replenishing them at these prices once they run out. Even $500 I could possibly fathom. $600? $700+? No chance. 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 12:18 AM, Silverstix said:

Since 2019 they seem to be much richer of a profile, stronger bodied than I remember.

I definitely agree with this.  Siglo II were good before but I preferred IVs, good CoRo, IIIs and Lanceros —- but now I reach for 19 or 20 Siglo IIs for a treat😋

• Like 1

This is one I don't really get, not that I don't get it as much as it just not a favored cigar for me. Just before the Siglo VI, this is my second-least favorite in the line. I have enjoyed some outstanding ones and some so-so ones. I like the PC but always tend to lean toward other PCs if that is the size I am looking to smoke. Probably in order of most liked to least in the direct size it would be PLPC, Boli PC, RGPC, RyJ Millie Fleur, Punch Coronations, Monte no.4, Partagas Millie Fleur , then the Siglo II. If the EDRM PC was still around it would be right after the PLPC. That doesn't even take in to account all of the adjacent PC-like vitolas, of which there a ton more cigars I like more than the Siglo II. Just not one for me. 

• Like 1