MLB 2022

MoeFOH

21 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Haha...I was going to say that at least we know that Max will be guaranteed the win, except that I remembered that the game could be won by the relief pitching. Anyway, I hope Max gets the win and pitches well! :D

Yes, indeed Max Scherzer is a force of nature at 5w to 1 loss, however Fried comes in with 9w and 2 losses. The night will be won or lost by the Braves bats, with SS Dansby (who looks like Fabio and bats like Pete Rose) followed by Austin Riley and Michael Harris II. Olsen and Ronald Acuna jr. have been known to hit a ball as well.

Should be a great night at the ol' ball game!!!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two Aussie baseball tragics, @JohnS and I (the handsome chaps below), are starting this thread for all things MLB season 2022...  Spring Training, Trades, Regular Season, Post Season... jump on i

Hey @Chas.Alpha I’ll see you your Hall of Fame pitcher and manager and raise you a hall of famer of my own. I met Ricky Henderson in Cabo back in 2010 the year after he was inducted. Wife and I were w

Blue Jays fan. They’ve taken a good team and added some big pieces. Should be a good year but the AL East is always a grind. 

Surfacing in this thread again after being crazily busy and also very superstitiously waiting till the Red Sox pulled to a respectable position after a pretty slow start... disgustingly that equates to settling for a split series against the Yankees and being 14 games back in 2nd!! What!?

Now we're playing the Rays which will probably only help the old rival more... what an insane season they're having. 

The form of Devers has been a real highlight. Very happy to see him and Bogey get the All-Star nod. 

Injuries a concern as always but hoping we can use the law of averages against the Yanks in the 2nd half and pull back their lead. Very tough road ahead though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

For the Red Sox fans out there-28-5!! I only saw highlights on Sportscenter but the lack of defensive effort on display by Boston was just incredible. Is Cora's job in jeopardy? 

That game was looking like little league.  After third inning things were looking downright shameful for Boston.  After a while even the Jays weren’t having much fun.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KCCubano said:

For the Red Sox fans out there-28-5!! I only saw highlights on Sportscenter but the lack of defensive effort on display by Boston was just incredible. Is Cora's job in jeopardy? 

Awesome beat down. Jays we’re on 🔥but the Red Socks mental errors certainly helped. Blue jays win again today so go for the sweep tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Whats everyone think of all the trades? Here in Kansas City we were amused that Whit Merrifield was traded to Toronto. When Royals went to play Blue Jays in July he was 1 of 10 players that didnt make trip as not vaccinated. He wont have a choice now!

• Like 2

@KCCubano, yes I found that funny indeed. Oh well...either he gets vaccinated and plays home games in Canada, or he only plays away games! 😂

@Fezztone would probably concur, but in my opinion, the San Diego Padres made a very loud statement, in this trade period this year, that they will not be bossed around by the Dodgers anymore. I look forward to @BigGuns humble thoughts on this matter! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JohnS said:

@KCCubano, yes I found that funny indeed. Oh well...either he gets vaccinated and plays home games in Canada, or he only plays away games! 😂

@Fezztone would probably concur, but in my opinion, the San Diego Padres made a very loud statement, in this trade period this year, that they will not be bossed around by the Dodgers anymore. I look forward to @BigGuns humble thoughts on this matter! 😁

@JohnSAGREE! What a day for the Padres! Interested in seeing how they pay for it all but wow, what a lineup, glad to see they are focused on building the team for serious post season opportunities. @BigGuns might lose more wagers :) 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, JohnS said:

The Padres are in it to win it! They will have a Machado,Soto,Tatis Jr 3-4-5. Damn! The Giants on the other hand did nothing,are doing nothing,and will do nothing. The only good I see out of this is ticket priced will go down. I'm a fan no matter what,and as long as we are playing decent baseball and in a wildcard race it is what it is. Get these old farts out and get some young talent. It's been rebuild time for several years now. 

Why did the Dodgers need Joey Gallo?

• Like 1

Mariners took the series from the Yankees in NY, despite being down their 3 best hitters.

• Like 1

Hahahahahaahahaha. @JohnS @Fezztone All the Padres did was increase their chances in finishing 2nd in the NL West and maybe hold on to the Wild Card. Has Tatis even played yet?  Will he?  Machado is a joke. At least they still have a pretty sweet ball park (location). 

@Ford2112 Dodgers didn’t need Gallo, they just wanted to save him from the treatment he was getting in NY. A goodwill feel good story. And speaking of goodwill, can you call one of your contacts at Oracle and tell them to tone down the Vinnie tributes?  I HATE having to appreciate anything in that orange and brown vomit. (I must say it’s great to see the normal jerseys again tonight - those “city” unis are something else!)

D - feel free to make a wager. I feel it would be unfair for me to make a proposition. 

ITFDB

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Gallo, they just wanted to save him from the treatment he was getting in NY.

I thought the NY fans were too nice to him--the batting average in the lineup just went up twenty points by him going away.    He cost the Yankees dozens of runs by failing to drive in runs with men on third and zero or one outs--he would invariably strike out....the Dodgers will get burned a few times and figure it out soon enough.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Whats everyone think of all the trades? Here in Kansas City we were amused that Whit Merrifield was traded to Toronto. When Royals went to play Blue Jays in July he was 1 of 10 players that didnt make trip as not vaccinated. He wont have a choice now!

Since he didn’t have a no trade clause, what would even happen if he refuses vaccination? Seems like he’ll get the jab though, guess the chance to play on a contender overrides whatever his objection was to vaccination.  Or who knows, maybe he just plays away games…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shrimpchips said:

Since he didn’t have a no trade clause, what would even happen if he refuses vaccination? Seems like he’ll get the jab though, guess the chance to play on a contender overrides whatever his objection was to vaccination.  Or who knows, maybe he just plays away games…

He had made a comment at the time of the Toronto series he would consider getting the shots if he were traded to a contender. Two Hit Whit had been a long time Royal and fan fave but this comment really cheesed our GM. One has to wonder if he was shopped there on purpose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LLC said:

He said today he is vaccinated and will play in Toronto. He is excited to finally be on a team contending. 

He didnt make the roster when we won WS in 2015. Too many good players ahead of him. Many lean yrs in KC ever since. Always liked him so will be cheering on Toronto from here on out. At least in the AL

• Like 3

He didnt make the roster when we won WS in 2015. Too many good players ahead of him. Many lean yrs in KC ever since. Always liked him so will be cheering on Toronto from here on out. At least in the AL

He played well today going 2 for 5, looking good on the base paths and making some sure handed grabs in CF. Happy to have him to give Springer some rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I'm really looking forward to seeing how The San Francisco A ballers are supposed to make a playoff wild card run here. This according to Farhan Zaidi. Also seeing Gabe Kapler pushing his mini me in the chest as he was getting ejected was classy. Signed- Disgruntled fan

• Like 1

Braves and Mets go head to head this weekend!!!

• Like 1