MLB 2022

MoeFOH

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two Aussie baseball tragics, @JohnS and I (the handsome chaps below), are starting this thread for all things MLB season 2022...  Spring Training, Trades, Regular Season, Post Season... jump on i

Hey @Chas.Alpha I’ll see you your Hall of Fame pitcher and manager and raise you a hall of famer of my own. I met Ricky Henderson in Cabo back in 2010 the year after he was inducted. Wife and I were w

Blue Jays fan. They’ve taken a good team and added some big pieces. Should be a good year but the AL East is always a grind. 

On 11/6/2022 at 8:23 PM, Ford2112 said:

Manfred is ruining the game with some of his crappy rule changes imo

Honestly some of them aren’t terrible (most were though).  Universal DH was a welcome addition to the NL.  For next year, bigger bases is whatever, but limiting defensive shifts I actually welcome. The pitch timer can f* off already though. Beginning of the season is going to be a mess of automatic calls and messed up plays.  Lots of moaning and groaning in bases loaded and other pressure situations no doubt. Can’t wait for the first walk off pitch timer expired base on balls RBI  🙄

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Taking a moment away from the SC stomping that has begun to acknowledge…. DeGrom to the Rangers!  Massive deal. Worth it?  I can think of a couple on here that may have some thoughts….looking forward to hearing them!

• Like 1

As a Mets fan it doesn't worry me that much. After all, the last off-season started with Noah Syndergaard leaving and right now the feeling amongst Mets fan would be much the same.

The Mets probably gave deGrom a three year deal and he wanted a longer one. Good for him but I don't blame the Mets for not offering a long-term deal based on his recent injuries.

Trust me 110%. The Mets are not resting on their laurels here. Expect big news soon.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2022 at 8:29 PM, JohnS said:

As a Mets fan it doesn't worry me that much. After all, the last off-season started with Noah Syndergaard leaving and right now the feeling amongst Mets fan would be much the same.

The Mets probably gave deGrom a three year deal and he wanted a longer one. Good for him but I don't blame the Mets for not offering a long-term deal based on his recent injuries.

Trust me 110%. The Mets are not resting on their laurels here. Expect big news soon.

Maybe Verlander to Mets is the news you were referencing

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 4:32 AM, KCCubano said:

Maybe Verlander to Mets is the news you were referencing

Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was Verlander or Rodon. I was thinking Verlander after deGrom went to the Texas Rangers because logically-speaking I figured Verlander would prefer to be in a different division than deGrom.

Furthermore, I was just thinking that Steve Cohen was serious about building a competitive team with the NY Mets going forward. I expect more signings this winter.

• Like 2

Having totally shit the bed on servicing this post (that I started :whistle:) throughout the season (thank god for @JohnS holding up my end), I'm now compelled to comment on some Hot Stove action... 

Xander to San Diego... Nooooooo!!! Boston, WTF?

This is on par with Mookie to LA. 

Cuts deep. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Having totally shit the bed on servicing this post (that I started :whistle:) throughout the season (thank god for @JohnS holding up my end), I'm now compelled to comment on some Hot Stove action... 

Xander to San Diego... Nooooooo!!! Boston, WTF?

This is on par with Mookie to LA. 

Cuts deep. 

Xander to SD is super interesting to me. Maybe the Friars are sick of Tatis Jrs antics and went and got them a reliable guy for SS instead.  Stick him in the OF and call it a day.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 6:31 AM, JohnS said:

Furthermore, I was just thinking that Steve Cohen was serious about building a competitive team with the NY Mets going forward. I expect more signings this winter.

Yeah, but not this quickly...

Jose Quintana, Brandon Nimmo and David Robertson in the space of days! Wow! 😮

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pinch me, I'm dreaming. Right now (at the time of posting this) it's 3.30 am in New York City and Jon Heyman, the chief Baseball Columnist of the New York Post has just reported that Carlos Correa has agreed to go to the Mets for 12 years and $US315 million.

How can one explain all this Mets activity? Two words... Steve Cohen.

Last season the Mets started to attract calibre players and had a 101 win season, one of the best in their history. My theory why this happened was due to Steve Matz spurning the Mets in negotiations last offseason.

How about this year then? Okay, I can't prove this theory but I believe that the simplest reason would be Steve Cohen's determination to spurn Jacob deGrom's reasoning for going to the Texas Rangers was to win the World Series. I honestly believe Cohen's has replied to that by sheer will in building an All-Star type team for the NY Mets in 2023.

• Like 2

@JohnS wtf is going on brother!!! How is this happening??? I got up at 6 am and my son hears a little rumbling. He jumps out of bed comes out to the hallway and says the Mets signed Correa last night. I’m like, what are you talking about? I cannot believe how this owner is just putting his money where his mouth is. He means it! It’s a double edged sword. If they win he’s greedy. If they don’t win a WS he’s a loser. I’d rather go down swinging for the fences than not. I think with with HIPPA laws in the US we may never know exactly what was wrong with his physical. However, one of the analysts on MLB TV said it best… i think it was a heart condition. His heart wasn’t into going to SF. I agree. He wanted to play next to his friend in Lindor. We’re stacked man! DeGrom talking about leaving for Texas to win a WS seems laughable. He never even thanked the Mets fans for his time here and their fandom. Walker and Bassit spent far less time here and they both posted thank you notes. I thought Jacob was better than that. 

Here’s a funny from Twitter from UKMetsNYC:

• Like 1

I know @ElJavi76, my friend. I agree with everything you said there, and I'm feeling the same feeling of being overwhelmed. I stumbled by accident over this news last night after dinner and then went to @WardyNYM's live YouTube podcast where I watched him having to pause a few times to deal with the shock of it all.

Definitely, I'd rather flame out giving it a serious crack rather than not. My young adult son, George, whom I consider even more knowledgeable about Baseball and the Mets than myself was in shock going to a Christmas party with his girlfriend last night when I told him. It still feels scarcely believable.

Apparently, even MLBTwitter went into a meltdown in the early hours of the morning today, New York time.

One thing I know for sure, the following and interest the Mets will get this coming season will be insane. It will be like the mid-80s again every home game at Citi Field.

• Like 1

He has spent over 800 million so far this offseason. Even Hal Steinbrenner from the Yankees is complaining 😂

Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner is happy that New York is home to two great teams after the Mets went on a historic spending spree this offseason but also acknowledged that it needs to be examined.

"I think it's something to be looked at," Steinbrenner said Wednesday when asked about Mets owner Steve Cohen dishing out over $800 million in free agency, according to Ryan Chichester of WFAN. "Another thing I said in March, which I truly believe, is that every fan of every team, nobody should have to go into spring training thinking their team has no chance of making the playoffs.

"That's just not good for the game. That's why all the owners have worked on competitive balance the last 10 years, and why I think competitive balance is significantly better than it was 10 or 15 years ago."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

'Well, Well, Well'...yes, it's the title of a John Lennon song on his solo album released after the Beatles broke-up in 1970 (i.e. Plastic Ono Band) and it's also three words to sum up the fun that the SF Giants, NY Mets and Minnesota Twins have had this off-season with Carlos Correa's free agency negotiations.

It was meant to be. As Mets fan, yes...I would like to have seen Correa at third base in 2023. However, why not now give Brett Baty a run in the majors and rotate the position with Eduardo Escobar? It's not the end of the world.

P.S. I think the Mets will make more moves this off-season, albeit obviously smaller. Watch this space!