MLB 2022

MoeFOH

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two Aussie baseball tragics, @JohnS and I (the handsome chaps below), are starting this thread for all things MLB season 2022...  Spring Training, Trades, Regular Season, Post Season... jump on i

Hey @Chas.Alpha I’ll see you your Hall of Fame pitcher and manager and raise you a hall of famer of my own. I met Ricky Henderson in Cabo back in 2010 the year after he was inducted. Wife and I were w

Blue Jays fan. They’ve taken a good team and added some big pieces. Should be a good year but the AL East is always a grind. 

Nothing new, in fact Mets fans know that injuries seem to be 'par for the course' the last few years. The latest is that he is going for a MRI...

https://www.mlb.com/news/jacob-degrom-has-shoulder-tightness

Let's see what transpires!

P.S. Okay, so the Mets themselves tweeted that he's out for at least 4 weeks and may not return for some time after that (maybe June?):

Jacob deGrom underwent an MRI today that revealed a stress reaction on his scapula that has caused inflammation in the area. The immediate prescription is for Jake to discontinue throwing for up to 4 weeks and then reimage the area. At that time, we’ll update the plan of care.

— New York Mets (@Mets) April 1, 2022

23 hours ago, JohnS said:

Nothing new, in fact Mets fans know that injuries seem to be 'par for the course' the last few years. The latest is that he is going for a MRI...

https://www.mlb.com/news/jacob-degrom-has-shoulder-tightness

Let's see what transpires!

P.S. Okay, so the Mets themselves tweeted that he's out for at least 4 weeks and may not return for some time after that (maybe June?):

Jacob deGrom underwent an MRI today that revealed a stress reaction on his scapula that has caused inflammation in the area. The immediate prescription is for Jake to discontinue throwing for up to 4 weeks and then reimage the area. At that time, we’ll update the plan of care.

— New York Mets (@Mets) April 1, 2022

Saw Scherzer day to day with hamstring issues! Mets not off to good start just a few days b4 opener

9 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

Saw Scherzer day to day with hamstring issues! Mets not off to good start just a few days b4 opener

No. However, Max's issues are minor at the moment. The difference with the Mets this year is that they are now entertaining trade options to cover these injuries whereas in the recent past they didn't.

Julio Rodriguez is going to be a STAR for the M's. Remember the name, if you don't know it already!

Opening Day is imminent! :spotlight:

Sox are at the Yankees house... what a cracking way to kick off the season! Nasty Nate Eovaldi on the mound against Gerrit Cole. For the most part Eovaldi has been pretty good against the Yankees... hoping that continues! :cigar:

Who's your team facing on Opening Day? What's your pick of the opening series match-ups?

• Like 1

Royals open with Guardians...going to take a while to digest that name. Have some new faces this year as usual. We got off to hot start last year before injuries took a toll. Went from first place in division to a 10 games losing streak and end of season. Not a fair weather fan so watched them even tho they were trying to dig out of cellar most of season. 

Well, after a couple of postponements to Opening Day and then jumping out in front in the first two games, the Red Sox dropped both to the old rival. Luckily we held out in the third to avoid the sweep. Phew... how many more of these are there to go? :D

How are you feeling about your teams start to the season?

• Like 1

@MoeFOH, it's early days yet, and the Mets won their opening three games of the season (the first time a new manager in Buck Showalter has ever done that in the history of the ball club) but I say this tongue-in-cheek...we're sure to pick up a few injuries to make things much more interesting anytime soon! 😁

• Like 1

Blue Jays at 2-1 as are the Yankees. TB at 3-0 with a fraction the payroll; they just keep doing that 😂

first few weeks for the Jays are tough but overall off to a good start. 

• Like 1

So far in the NL West You have the Rockies,Dodgers,and Giants all tied at 5-2. Padres are 5-4. I am looking forward to this season! My SF takeaways so far are ,we have an outstanding starting rotation. Bullpen is pretty solid. The closer spot is up for grabs,but this kid Doval is a flame thrower with a lot of grit. He's only 24. Our 1-2 punch in Webb and Rodon are ones to watch. Don't sleep on us! That said,defensively we are good . 3rd base could be an issue without Longoria. Losing Buster Posey ,left a hole that won't be filled ,nobody could,but Joey Bart looks confident and comfortable. He has major pop in his bat! I think we need 1 more right handed power bat.Our manager is the real deal.Great front office. Future looks bright!

I love this game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

So far in the NL West You have the Rockies,Dodgers,and Giants all tied at 5-2. Padres are 5-4. I am looking forward to this season! My SF takeaways so far are ,we have an outstanding starting rotation. Bullpen is pretty solid. The closer spot is up for grabs,but this kid Doval is a flame thrower with a lot of grit. He's only 24. Our 1-2 punch in Webb and Rodon are ones to watch. Don't sleep on us! That said,defensively we are good . 3rd base could be an issue without Longoria. Losing Buster Posey ,left a hole that won't be filled ,nobody could,but Joey Bart looks confident and comfortable. He has major pop in his bat! I think we need 1 more right handed power bat.Our manager is the real deal.Great front office. Future looks bright!

I love this game.

I am freaking STOKED about our Giants this year!! Our starting rotation has the potential to be the best in the bigs. Rodan is just filth, he and Webb are gonna be Cy Young candidates, and Cobb is throwing 95mph sinkers with 15 inches of arm side run. 
I’m incredibly excited about Bart. He’s taken huge steps behind the plate and in the box, he looks like a veteran. Im shocked by his pitch selection and his strike zone discipline. He’s missing some pitches, but that’ll change as he sees more big league pitching. He has 65-70 power combined with a good eye and a good OBP he’s gonna be a WAR machine. Rookie of the year candidate IMO! 
We definitely could have used Seiya Suzuki, but I’m confident Farhan will fill whatever holes the roster has. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Rodan is just filth 

Filthy dirty, loved him with the White Sox. His no-no last April was unreal. I hope he wins the NL Cy and keeps silencing his critics.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As a long-time NY METS fan, I feel a little out of place. I mean what is happening this season? I see the METS now executing aggressive baserunning and stealing and players that previously weren't noted for special plays doing them now more regularly. They also aren't blowing leads like in the past, coming back from behind and winning unwinnable games (used to happen to them way more often) and the biggest surprise of them all, consistently executing 2-out game-changing plays (for example, the game yesterday vs the Cardinals).

Baseball is a game full of statistics but there's one factor common to the three teams that @Ford2112 has quoted at this point of the season and that is run differential. Simply speaking, if you score a lot more runs than you concede then overall you will win more games than you lose.

It's very early in the season and things will change, for sure. Right now, I'm hoping this season is more reflective of METS '86 and not METS '88.

• Like 1

Ronald Acuna jr. rehabbing with the Gwinnett Stripers against the Jax Jumbo Shrimp Sunday afternoon!

acuna.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MoeFOH said:

I've barely had time to take in much of the Sox' season thus far... and that's probably a good thing...

9-14 record. And the Yanks eyeing 11 straight... 

Things are looking bleak. :cofcig:

It’s only May, brother, hang in there!

That said, I can’t wait for these next two evenings so I can either talk a bunch of junk to a couple of gents on here or laugh at their ridiculous commentary regarding two meaningless games in May

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

That's how I am feeling too. Cubs fan here and we are in a rebuilding year but I am still excited for the season, long way to go though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Diggamus said:

That's how I am feeling too. Cubs fan here and we are in a rebuilding year but I am still excited for the season, long way to go though. 

True enough. I wish this weekend’s series was in LA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigGuns said:

I know, mate, I know... I guess I should have said "things look bleak right now" ;)

The battle to get a decent win % over 500 is not helped by a poor start. Streaks can obviously provide a quick correction. Good win today. Would be very nice to take this series. 

• Like 1