MLB 2022

MoeFOH

15 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

I don't know about that.  The bad teams seem to do better against the Giants

Well Royals were up 2-0. Seems like they have an early lead in most games. Then bullpen chokes it away. Will watch game tonight with SF as no NBA or NHL playoffs.

• Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two Aussie baseball tragics, @JohnS and I (the handsome chaps below), are starting this thread for all things MLB season 2022...  Spring Training, Trades, Regular Season, Post Season... jump on i

Hey @Chas.Alpha I’ll see you your Hall of Fame pitcher and manager and raise you a hall of famer of my own. I met Ricky Henderson in Cabo back in 2010 the year after he was inducted. Wife and I were w

Blue Jays fan. They’ve taken a good team and added some big pieces. Should be a good year but the AL East is always a grind. 

Looks like the defending champion Braves are interested in defending the title!

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 2:05 AM, KCCubano said:

@JohnS. Do u get to catch many Mets games in Oz?. I noticed they are on TV tonight against Brewers. Also saw Scherzer and de Grom have started throwing again. My Royals most likely will be swept today in SF. Day game

Yes, I do catch them. Admittingly, I don't watch every game at the moment as June is a very busy time for my work year. Also, it's not easy as a Mets fan to wait for them to 'fall off the cliff' at some point in the season. Right now, they're doing the best they can and that's all a fan can ask for. Of course, I would like their Team ERA to go down and naturally it's gone up since Scherzer was injured but their hitting has lifted to make up for it, combined with better defence in the field.

1 hour ago, KCCubano said:

Injuries to Judge, Stanton or other key players is bound to happen one would think.

Yup--agreed.

If Stanton could actually stay healthy for a whole season he would prove that he is the most dangerous hitter in baseball.   He is very streaky which is why he needs to stay healthy for a long stretch to show his true talent.   Stanton can be totally fooled on a pitch and still hit check swing homers--off the charts amazing.

5 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Yankees are on pace to go 120-42. Who really thinks they can keep winning at this clip? Injuries to Judge, Stanton or other key players is bound to happen one would think. Very impressive in the meantime. 

Roids

On 6/15/2022 at 3:52 PM, rjake100 said:

Getting hot now is fun.  Getting hot in the fall is what matters.

- Hopeful Which Sox fan

You guys gotta ditch LaRussa first. He's a liability 

43 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

Havent really followed Cubs this year although they are my fave NL team. Their record almost as bad as my Royals! 

Oh we're terrible. It's gonna be a long rebuild, but there are some flashes of hope on the horizon...maybe

17 minutes ago, jakebarnes said:

Oh we're terrible. It's gonna be a long rebuild, but there are some flashes of hope on the horizon...maybe

I have seen a couple games when on ESPN. Yeah definitly a long rebuild. I like Ross and hope he survives it

• 2 weeks later...

This just in: The San Francisco Giants can't even beat the Diamondbacks. What happened to our pitching. Bullpen is shite. Defense atrocious. No run support. It's been pretty ugly . 

4 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

This just in: The San Francisco Giants can't even beat the Diamondbacks. What happened to our pitching. Bullpen is shite. Defense atrocious. No run support. It's been pretty ugly . 

It won't make you feel any better but remember, a baseball season is very long and full of peaks and troughs, triumphs and failures. These days, all that really matters is two things:

1) Get your team somehow to the postseason and...

2) Ensure that your team has momentum and is in peak form at the end of the season (The Washing Nationals and Atlanta Braves can attest to this of recent times).

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see what they do at the trade deadline. And yes John I was a fan of the giants long before we ever won a championship in San Francisco so I'm used to the adversity lol

• Like 1

Haha...I was going to say that at least we know that Max will be guaranteed the win, except that I remembered that the game could be won by the relief pitching. Anyway, I hope Max gets the win and pitches well! :D