Does anyone else have a 4 day Easter long Weekend?

I have to say that I am looking forward to this one :D

Off to Sydney tomorrow with Di to catch up with Jason, Fuzz and John S.  :party:

• Like 4

I'm a teacher and I have spring break next week! Of course that means that I am heavily scheduled with honey-dos and household administrative tasks, but I'm sure I'll sneak a cigar in here and there, if the weather is nice :)

• Like 2

always remember when i was working in DC, at close of the day on the thursday, i said goodbye to the other lawyers and told them i hoped they enjoyed their weekend and i'd see them tuesday.

they looked at me as though i was insane. asked me where i was going. told me it wwas only thirsday. knew all that.

it came as a great surprise to learn that the States did not have the same four day easter break as we do. and a great disappointment. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, El Presidente said:

It didn't come as a surprise to the lawfirm  that your productivity remained the same on the Friday and monday that you too off. ;)

nice. that may have been the case in the London firm but certainly not in DC. we actually worked very hard there.

london was bizarre. as we did the big shipping and aircraft deals, we'd work hard for 2-3 weeks and then nothing for sometimes 6 to 8 weeks until another deal. at one stage, i went to portugal for five days to play cricket and drink port and they did not even know i was gone. strange firm. when i decided to go to africa at the end of the stint in london, i needed about a dozen injections - everything from yellow fever to rabies. i always needed anywhere from a day to four days off to recover from the injections (i did need four days for the yellow fever one - can't imagine the disease is worse than the needle). perhaps a day to recover from the polio syrup was overkill. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’ve told my team that I’m leaving at noon on Friday and got no response which probably means my notice means nothing and I’ll have be prepared for late afternoon business that will require my attention but I still have hope I can sneak out. Hoping for the first round of golf for the year. 

• Like 2

It's 5 days here in HK - including Tuesday. The traditional Chinese festival of "Qing Ming" (where one goes to their ancestor's graves to pay their respect) falls on the Sunday this year so we are getting the Tuesday off.

If not for covid I would be flying somewhere tonight.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Meklown said:

It's 5 days here in HK - including Tuesday. The traditional Chinese festival of "Qing Ming" (where one goes to their ancestor's graves to pay their respect) falls on the Sunday this year so we are getting the Tuesday off.

Yes happy days off for us this year. 

• Like 2

Three days. Back to work Monday....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I have to say that I am looking forward to this one :D

Off to Sydney tomorrow with Di to catch up with Jason, Fuzz and John S.  :party:

The booze has been bought, and extras are available.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

Wait....it’s Easter this weekend?

Same response here, it always catches me by surprise. Guess I should ask for Friday off tomorrow, as things seem pretty calm right now. That’s bound to change now that I’ve said this...

5 hours ago, Meklown said:

In Shanghai it’s a 3 day weekend with Monday off. As Meklown described, ‘Qing Ming Jie’ falls on Sunday the 4th this year. The weekend looks to be nice weather-wise, so along with the ritual visiting, I will be enjoying some outdoor cigars. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Even with mortgage rates skyrocketing were freaking slammed...so no rest for the wicked! April will be my best month ever so I’m not complaining!  

Wish rates going up was an April fools joke. I’m a few months out on refi for my self build home. 

In regards to the question, business is slammed and I’m building a house, so only taking Sunday off

• Sad 1

No four day weekend for  me.  I have planned ceramic coating my wife's car on Sunday.  I plan to have it washed, IronX treated & clayed Saturday afternoon, then do the polishing and ceramic coating on Sunday.  She'll have to take an Uber to work on Monday as the coating takes a day or so to cure.  First time applying such a coating to a car.

• Like 1

Absolutely - in preparation, yesterday I dry boxed (4) JL!'s, (4) JL2's, (4) Parti Shorts, (2) Punch sd Punch and (2) Lusitania's.  Going to be a great weekend!

• Like 2