The "sweetest" of Habanos?

Over to you folks for your input ;)

"Hi Rob

I hope the team and yourself are doing well and staying safe.  

I will keep it short.  I have a sweet tooth. My wife says I have a problem because I buy expensive coffee beans, roast them myself, put them through an espresso machine worth thousands and then add four spoons of sugar.  I buy $100 bottles of rum and then add coke.  Yes I have a sweet tooth and I know I am not going to change so can you help me out with four or five cigars that are Habanos's sweetest offerings?"

• Like 2

Hamlet's supercharged Seco blend!

I find Habanos tend to move toward a sweeter profile with quite some age on them.

There is some nice sweetness in Por Larranaga, SLR, ERDM, Sancho Panza and Fonseca

• Like 2

To my tastes

Quintero Panetela -hay

SLR Serie A/Double Corona (Chopped now?) -dried apricot

Juan Lopez Seleccion no.1-port/plum

Upmann Mag 50 -melon/peach

La Gloria Cubana #4 -honey

RyJ has some notable offerings but nothing that I would say stands out at the overall profile

-christ looking what's left of SLR, what's the point? Might as well tie them up at the ankles with Sancho Panza and let them hobble off a cliff with a bit of dignity left

• Like 3

Literally sweet? Can’t go wrong with anything from Trinidad, especially the Trinidad Reyes.....straight up dessert stick right there.

“Sweet” as in finest, classiest, most expensive? That’s gonna be a Cohiba and I’d go with the Piramides Extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I haven't had a CC that was just flat out sweet but my faves when I want sweet are:

Cohiba Siglo IV dreamsicle in the barn

PLPC milk and butter cookie

Aged Monte 2 chocolate and coffee

• Like 1

Haven’t seen the Upmann Connie A mentioned. Some of the sweetest Cubans I’ve ever had. A light and intense sweetness from my current batch. Keep in mind they’ve had plenty of rest (2 plus years) and dry boxing. Anyone experience this with Connie A?

• Like 2

I think the way you smoke will make a difference. I get the most fructose sweetness from RyJ fruit line. Id say fruit forward RyJs are:

Mille fluers

Exhibition #4 

Churchill series

There is also a honey sweetness but more subtle in cohiba. And a dark sweetness in lines like monte No. X. A medium molases sweetness in in cigars like SCdlH. But i think RyJ is most sweet for sure, because it is so vibrant and just tastes like it belongs on a belgian waffle.

• Like 1

SLR regios - I remember mentioned this profile in the zoom herf to @El Presidente it was like chewing on a mouthful of raspberries. You can't go wrong with the SLR Marca with some age on them haven't had a fresh one. Monte is chocolate and cream. I always get sweetness from these. 

The last thing you want with a sweet, sugary drink is a cigar that also resembles that taste. JMO.  There are no truly "sweet" cigars in Habanos in the essence of the word. 

The only cigar that even resembles a desert stick is the SCdLH  El Principe.

Perhaps the OP should consider Swisher Sweets. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

the stiffer the drink the sweeter the cigar in my experience... and if you aren't into spirits, take a cup of black coffee or offset with a bitter aperitif and the smoke will taste more sweet and luscious.

A  couple years of age on PLPC or thinner RG hoyos seem to produce a bit of sweetness, also SCDH and RA are also good candidates

• Like 1