The "sweetest" of Habanos?

Although not particularly popular during the FOH video review, i have had a 10 box of Monte petit no. 2's which tasted like sugarcane.     

If you also include a general confectionery flavour profile, some VR Famosos I've smoked had a black forest gateaux vibe to them (chocolate,cream and dark fruit)   

• Like 1

Not sure cc is the way to go. If accompanied by a sweet drink, one might offset some of the cigar’s sweetness...

No offence meant but has the email sender experimented with infused nc available on the market? That could be a worthwhile option for truly sweet cigars...

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 7:25 PM, El Presidente said:

Over to you folks for your input ;)

"Hi Rob

I hope the team and yourself are doing well and staying safe.  

I will keep it short.  I have a sweet tooth. My wife says I have a problem because I buy expensive coffee beans, roast them myself, put them through an espresso machine worth thousands and then add four spoons of sugar.  I buy $100 bottles of rum and then add coke.  Yes I have a sweet tooth and I know I am not going to change so can you help me out with four or five cigars that are Habanos's sweetest offerings?"

I most definitely have a major sweet tooth... 

1) San Cristobal El Principe

2) Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo Du Maire

3) I have a box of REG April 2019 Monte Especiale no 2 that has a very sweet floral note to it

4) Romeo & Juliet Wide Churchills - very bright & sweet

5) Fonseca Delicias - Like eating a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios while walking through a flower nursery...One of the great hidden cheap n cheerfuls!

6) BUP July 2018 Saint Luis Rey Regios that I got from FOH have a similar sweet floral bouquet to them as they've gotten some time on them.  Powerful, but with sweet finesse!   

Hope this helps...

PS - Try Cream soda with your cigars.  I sometimes mix with bourbon as well.  I like Rum & Coke as well.  I don't care for spirits without a mixer, especially pairing with cigars.  The burning sensation & mouthfeel from the alcohol lingers on the palate too much, and it detracts from my tasting if the cigar.  Stay well Pres!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2020 at 8:17 AM, bbguardsp said:

Recent San Cristobal La Fuerza are far and away the sweetest CCs in my collection.  Many of them I can almost feel granular sugar on the palate.

Indeed. I just cracked a LGR JUL 19 box and they are decadent. First 5 cigars were 94/95 points. 2 touch-ups needed between the 5 cigars. Marshmallow/sweet salt cream/molasses. Pure class. And the wrappers are ugly and pale and the caps look like they were put on by a child (bought this particular box blind).

I'll go on record: LGR 19 La Fuerza is the best regular production cigar available right now. 

• Like 3

the bolivar royal corona is what first got me into cigars, it was very sweet milk chocolaty flavored to me. another i didn't see mentioned i found surprisingly sweet and chocolaty, at least the 6 pack i tried, was the rafael gonzalez perlas. loved them and plan to get a box of both next chance i get

As I recall some Fuente maduros and sungrown were actually sprayed with some sugary water during curing. You could actually taste the sweetness on the lips while smoking them. I might still some in my NC humidor, but I haven't cracked that open for a while.