Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

On 8/31/2022 at 6:00 AM, TroutBum said:

HUHC EBT FEB 22 from a month or so ago here 

Will try one maybe in November and see where we go from there.

Any opinions on the sweet spot so to say for upmann in general or half corona in specific

On 8/31/2022 at 10:21 AM, jhalischuk said:

HUHC start to turn a corner around the 1 year mark for me. I don't really age them all that much and smoke most with 2-3 years on them. 

@jhalischuk has shared a pertinent point here. I would guess the vast majority of members here smoke their H.Upmann Half Coronas without a view to aging them long-term, mainly because they're a fuller-bodied Upmann. There are other Upmann vitolas that benefit from long-term rest but that depends what you seek and is also another subject matter entirely in comparison to the H.Upmann Half Corona.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, JohnS said:

@jhalischuk has shared a pertinent point here. I would guess the vast majority of members here smoke their H.Upmann Half Coronas without a view to aging them long-term, mainly because they're a fuller-bodied Upmann. There are other Upmann vitolas that benefit from long-term rest but that depends what you seek and is also another subject matter entirely in comparison to the H.Upmann Half Corona.

I just opened a AGO 19 box and they are superb. Richer than my 21 box. I will let the rest of that box age. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 4:10 AM, SwaggyPeanut said:

First time ordering this much at once! It’s not your flashy marcas but as a newb I would rather go with the budget cigars and once I know what exact flavor profiles I like I’ll invest in something more pricey

Mate, congrats! With the current JLP Petit Cazadores you got one of the best values coming out of Cuba atm, imho. (same holding for the Quintero one, while completely different flavour  profile)

Make sure to smoke them slowly and to give them some rest after shipping (they may overpower a novice). Best remove the cigar to be smoked one or two days prior from its packaging. Enjoy them 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lamboinee said:

Really excited about this purchase.  Not only was this my first purchase of a box of Edmundos, but it was also my first auction purchase on BR.  Everything seemed to go very smoothly.  Let me know if I was duped or if something looks awry!

Those look gorgeous. No duping, just beautiful looking Edmundos there. I have a soft spot for that cigar--just kinda hits right, even with my reservations for larger rg cigars

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jakebarnes said:

I have a soft spot for that cigar--just kinda hits right, even with my reservations for larger rg cigars

Ditto.  The first edmundo I ever smoked was on my honeymoon. Prior to that, I had only smoked Monte No. 2s.  I think I smoke 4 of those edmundos out of the resort's humidor....they were all a touch too damp, but the flavor was amazing and it was a nice memory on my honeymoon.  They were overpriced at the resort, but it was worth it.