Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

16 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

Beautiful SCdlH El Principe from our host.

Nice.  i got some from last year but have yet to taste the waffles and syrup flavors.  how long before you start getting those? 

Guest Nekhyludov
15 minutes ago, mrmessy said:

Nice.  i got some from last year but have yet to taste the waffles and syrup flavors.  how long before you start getting those? 

"Waffles and syrup" registers on my palate as malt and sugar sweetness. These will need to rest for a while; I smoked one ROTT and it was, predictably, pretty rough. I wouldn't expect them to need any particular aging beyond the 90 days of acclimation though. 

Here are my notes on a recent production single I picked up last summer:

It lights readily and produces an even burn and a flaky gray ash. Right away, there's a rich leather and sea salt profile, with just a bit of a malty note, and a toasted aroma.

The depth of the leather profile deepens in the second half and the malty note recurs in the aroma. At this stage, the flavors are deepening and becoming richer, but not necessarily evolving. 

591c503a38eb4_ScdlHElPrincipe.thumb.jpg.f2f4368cfcd05dd389eca0d2804504eb.jpg

The profile continues apace, still with not much change in the flavors, but it does finish with just a hint of candy sweetness. 

RASCC ULA JUN 15. Smoked one ROTT. Complex and subtle. Nuts, leather, wood, meat, pepper. Everything is there but it’s all subtly represented. Interested to see how they do with some rest in the humi. 

1341BD5D-5F4F-4D20-BB7C-FE4D3BADF04E.thumb.jpeg.dc3dce1eec123adf5fdbd540482cf00c.jpeg

EA05C705-C004-4172-BB19-2F844BBCE5C1.thumb.jpeg.e829c07bd2af26ea70ae9933ee264f2a.jpeg

6B134E72-4C49-4943-9445-B1F357D29396.thumb.jpeg.8379d5d6085f6fce4f98959472083d8c.jpeg

Meat? What meat exactly? Are we talking bloody steak, rich humming pork or clean wholesome chicken? Or did you just spark up after prepping dinner?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, awkwardPause said:

Sancho Esplendido? Why yes, please.

The SP Coronas Gigantes was a Julieta No.2. I managed to find a box last year, and they are glorious.

I second your proposal. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akela3rd said:

Meat? What meat exactly? Are we talking bloody steak, rich humming pork or clean wholesome chicken? Or did you just spark up after prepping dinner?

Beefy. It's a flavor i pick up in certain cigars. Other people may describe it differently. It sort of reminds me of that iron-y taste of beef blood, with the fat and flesh behind it, rounding it out.

I've been helping my girlfriend (who i got into cigars) train her palate. When we share a cigar, I'll point out things i'm picking up, to see if she notices them. She always gets excited when i take a draw and excitedly proclaim "STEAK!"

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

Beefy. It's a flavor i pick up in certain cigars. Other people may describe it differently. It sort of reminds me of that iron-y taste of beef blood, with the fat and flesh behind it, rounding it out.

I've been helping my girlfriend (who i got into cigars) train her palate. When we share a cigar, I'll point out things i'm picking up, to see if she notices them. She always gets excited when i take a draw and excitedly proclaim "STEAK!"

For me, it’s a more of a game meat taste. Like venison. I get it all the time in Bolis.

Just now, ayepatz said:

For me, it’s a more of a game meat taste. Like venison. I get it all the time in Bolis.

Yeah I get that too! Subtle differences. Some of the BRU AGO 10 monte 4s i BURNED through occasionally reminded me of elk loin. 

• Like 1

Hoping that’s the case and plan to torch them all in the next year or 2

Sadly, I was joking. I haven't seen any evidence whatsoever of quality control with the PCC Vintage program. As far as I can tell, they just slap the sticker on any stuff they find sitting around in the warehouse and jack up the price 3x. Hopefully El Pres has evidence to the contrary.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:43 AM, jerrybrowne said:

3a3563af319db4cb74e2458317c16cc8.jpgf578dc8f229e5e0c6cb216f2b0c0ad9b.jpgf3120789686971ffe0a0780d04a2605f.jpgb118c844451606b5960e60f7538a244a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those 8-9-8's man! Those might be sexier than the Talisman. Let me know when you get bored Paul... I'll take em. LoL

Enjoy them in great health brother!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Sadly, I was joking. I haven't seen any evidence whatsoever of quality control with the PCC Vintage program. As far as I can tell, they just slap the sticker on any stuff they find sitting around in the warehouse and jack up the price 3x. Hopefully El Pres has evidence to the contrary.

Any comment @Elpresidente

Partagas Lusitanias(10) from last weekend's 24:24. I tried my first ever Party Lusi from ABR 16 that I got in a trade and it was fantastic. If that was representative of general Party Lusies, I'm in for a treat I think. 

I think I'm gonna shop around for double coronas more often now. On my ever growing list of to-buy now has, Upmann Sir Winnies, VR Don Alejandro, SLR DC, Hoyo DC, Punch DC(purchased a 5er from 2015 from a BOTL. Excited to try)

4 hours ago, Ciscojohansson said:

Hi guys,

just bought my first box of CoRos. I have only bought singles or three packs before. They look dark and oily and smell delicious. 

Only problem, it’s hard to get them to fit in the box after you take them and smell them. I am going to try to age these. Wish me luck!

Box code: MLU AGO 17

20180322_173357.thumb.jpg.9d45e997a5b86370d31ddce4d0783a7d.jpg

Enjoy and good luck letting them sleep, it's not easy, but it is definitely worth the time and effort. 

• Like 1