What are you listening to?

46 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

This really bummed me out to hear

Worse to watch. I heard rumor that the guy was difficult. My freind was so excited to meet him lots of pressure on him as his parents and grandparents were big fans and excited they were going to hear their son/grandson on the radio with him. Did nothing wrong, intimidating or otherwise inappropriate and just get destroyed by Kenny for simply being present. The interview never happened needless to say. My buddy was too mad. Station called an started chewing on him for not doing the interview and my buddy simply either got fired or quit on the spot. Bad deal. 

• Sad 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

On 2/24/2021 at 8:01 AM, mprach024 said:

This really bummed me out to hear

Me too

On 2/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, Fosgate said:

Worse to watch. I heard rumor that the guy was difficult. My freind was so excited to meet him lots of pressure on him as his parents and grandparents were big fans and excited they were going to hear their son/grandson on the radio with him. Did nothing wrong, intimidating or otherwise inappropriate and just get destroyed by Kenny for simply being present. The interview never happened needless to say. My buddy was too mad. Station called an started chewing on him for not doing the interview and my buddy simply either got fired or quit on the spot. Bad deal. 

Screw Kenny then...

On 1/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, nino said:

nino, years ago i had, shall we say, control of a box at the royal albert hall in london, so got to see a heap of great shows of all kinds.

perhaps none better than eric clapton with knopfler on lead guitar (or whatever tech name they gave him) and phil collins on drums. amazing concert. one of my best ever. 

On 2/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, Fosgate said:

never heard anything about him but when i saw the clips above, i saw waylon jennings. friend of mine used to be his neighbour. she had absolutely nothing good to say about jennings at all. basically what she did have to say would have had him locked up for a long time. she and her family knew a lot of the musicans back then - some she liked, others less so - but no one got the same contempt and genuine hatred, for the way he acted, as jennings. 

the guy she always spoke of as an absolute gentleman was neil young. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

never heard anything about him but when i saw the clips above, i saw waylon jennings. friend of mine used to be his neighbour. she had absolutely nothing good to say about jennings at all. basically what she did have to say would have had him locked up for a long time. she and her family knew a lot of the musicans back then - some she liked, others less so - but no one got the same contempt and genuine hatred, for the way he acted, as jennings. 

the guy she always spoke of as an absolute gentleman was neil young. 

Thats awesome! Doesn't suprise me when you hear Kid rock talking abouut hanging out with him and Willie Nelson. Then flip back to the way things were in the 70's when he was with Nelson, Christofeson and Cash to form the Highwaymen were together. Country, honkey tonks and electric cowboys were in. I bet those guys were really wild. I would have loved to have seen them. Many famiily trips listening to those four on 8 track in my dads Shaggin' Wagon (Conversion Van).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/16/2021 at 7:36 AM, Str8BlkCoffee said:

As a lifelong Allman Brothers Band fan (though have since branched out:) , this was wonderful to hear.  Ironically, my wife  and I went out this evening to hear the "Allman Betts Band," made up of three progeny of the original band.  (Devon, son of Greg; Duane son of Dickey; and Berry son of, well Berry :)  While it was incredible to hear live music again (though it was distanced in 10' x 10' areas for "pods" of four), it was not the same (of course).  (You can never go back.)  Duane Betts did best, in my opinion.  ...It was good to hear "Blue Sky" live again.  Thanks for the fun Duane Allman track.  

• Like 3

Riopy as the clock ticks past midnight…if you’re a piano fan, do yourself a favor and tell Alexa to just play it 

What are you listening to....?
Everything.
Got a new Pro-ject Essential III bluetooth compatible turntable so the vinyl's had an airing - Skator, Sepultura, Bowie, The Birthday Party, Sleaford Mods, Barry Adamson, Motörhead, Leonard Cohen to name but a few...32a15999570bbba6ccdc983ea4a6b2be.jpg

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 2

Born of Osiris - Soul Sphere
Rings of Saturn  - Lugal Ki En
Dream Theater - The Astonishing
Obscura - Akroasis
Rise to Fall - End vs Beginning
Kronos - Arisen New Era
Amon Amarth - Jomsviking
Ihsahn - Arktis
Persefone - Spiritual Migration

Some great bands in there!