FOH: A Week In Pictures.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:14 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

Just got a dedicated fridge for fragrances.  May sound a little odd, but fragrances is a little bit of a collectable for us.  Those who are serious or have a decent dollar amount invested often store their fragrances in a fridge.  Finally got around to buying one for ours.  We are big into Frederic Malle or different Arabic brands of fragrances.

What storage do you suggest for Hai Karate? :P

8 hours ago, RedLantern said:

We started our kitchen renovation May 22 - hopefully we will be back up and running next week. It's been a long month washing dishes in the tub and microwaving food :(

Any updates, how'd you turn out? This is our second kitchen remodel - we also did one in our last house (2016) and have done custom cabinets both times, and it seems there is always a trim piece or two that they forgot to make or need to remake that sticks out like a sore thumb!

Picture is from the kitchen we did in 2016

kit2016.jpg

Great looking kitchen! Will post some progress pics of the reno soon. They've finished all the cabinets, just waiting for the handles, stone and plumbing electrical work that should be completed next week.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

10 hours ago, RedLantern said:

We started our kitchen renovation May 22 - hopefully we will be back up and running next week. It's been a long month washing dishes in the tub and microwaving food :(

Any updates, how'd you turn out? This is our second kitchen remodel - we also did one in our last house (2016) and have done custom cabinets both times, and it seems there is always a trim piece or two that they forgot to make or need to remake that sticks out like a sore thumb!

Picture is from the kitchen we did in 2016

kit2016.jpg

I’m guessing this isn’t in the US...our current electrical code doesn’t allow a situation where you could have one hand under running water, while plugging an appliance in with the other.

Love the cabinets....quarter-sawn mahogany?

14 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I’m guessing this isn’t in the US...our current electrical code doesn’t allow a situation where you could have one hand under running water, while plugging an appliance in with the other.

Interesting.  I am in the US, and I recently did a kitchen renovation.  I could easily reach the outlets from the faucet.  You cant see the outlets because they are hidden under the cabinets, but there are outlets on both ends of all cabinets.  You can see in the picture below that I can reach the end of the cabinets with one hand under the faucet.  This was not an issue on inspection.

912DBD35-04B7-41C4-B6EC-E7FF27DE52B7.jpeg.d8c480d9f2f6352abce43c6e6f6871c6.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

You can see in the picture below that I can reach the end of the cabinets with one hand under the faucet. 

Your inspector probably realized you were intelligent enough not to....haha.

Interpretation of building code is much like interpretation of the Bible....and inspectors are afforded the final say, so it’s often a crap shoot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Seattle, WA USA.  I believe outlets within 6ft of water source must be GFCI protected, and maybe you aren't allowed to put one within 24" of a water source? Cabinets are quarter-sawn Khaya (African mohogany)

• Like 1

Here’s what I’ll be doing this weekend...I’m on the island in solid blue...the one with the ominous black “H” nearly on top of it. I don’t think Sunday’s going to be a very good cigar day.

image.png.640bb34bff9dc7cec0f29f927ed47502.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

Here’s what I’ll be doing this weekend...I’m on the island in solid blue...the one with the ominous black “H” nearly on top of it. I don’t think Sunday’s going to be a very good cigar day.

image.png.640bb34bff9dc7cec0f29f927ed47502.png

Ive been through a few myself and know firsthand what they are all about.  

Stay safe and good luck!

• Thanks 1

Played quite poorly but always enjoyable getting on Old Marsh.  Classic Pete Dye. 
IMG_1043.jpg.fe48984870b0f1e5c737606e1ef5d0a0.jpg
IMG_1046.jpg.1b6d124ea895f52e6533947c4df4b0f5.jpg
IMG_1047.jpg.a89e082a939e9413e86cad0956c0ab04.jpg
IMG_1048.JPG.a86d9aeb860148a8b58f020c2281c925.JPG
IMG_1049.jpg.0d423770916dee049ce2551b9f3e8cb0.jpg
IMG_1052.jpg.26721d84d3b92988e87e55141a7e41d3.jpg
IMG_1058.jpg.fed9a859555cb68ae6e3fe17730b2b65.jpg
IMG_1042.jpg.12de56b105ceac3cd27a1e3df7ca0d03.jpg

Pete Dye was the best! Difficult 18s, high lip bunkers, long fairway bunkers and I see you captured his signature, look from the green to the tee and you won’t see any bunkers. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Stay safe out there brother.  I'm sure our turn in south Florida is coming up soon.  

1 hour ago, havanaclub said:

Pete Dye was the best! Difficult 18s, high lip bunkers, long fairway bunkers and I see you captured his signature, look from the green to the tee and you won’t see any bunkers. Love it!

RIP! I have mixed feelings about his courses.  Harbor Town, hated it.  Mountain & Dunes at La Quinta, liked them because of how different the scenery was.  Stadium at Sawgrass, liked it for the history and allure. Medalist, Old Marsh, Loblolly, all love them.  A couple others I'm indifferent about but its no doubt he has a certain style.  I love the high lip bunkers (stacked sod sometimes which is an awesome look), undulating greens and quirky bottlenecks.  Most of his tracks are by no means easy but there is no doubt that he was an amazing designer. 

• Like 3

RIP! I have mixed feelings about his courses.  Harbor Town, hated it.  Mountain & Dunes at La Quinta, liked them because of how different the scenery was.  Stadium at Sawgrass, liked it for the history and allure. Medalist, Old Marsh, Loblolly, all love them.  A couple others I'm indifferent about but its no doubt he has a certain style.  I love the high lip bunkers (stacked sod sometimes which is an awesome look), undulating greens and quirky bottlenecks.  Most of his tracks are by no means easy but there is no doubt that he was an amazing designer. 

I was actually just reading about how he would put high lip bunkers in the back left where good golfers would miss and shallow bunkers front right where average golfers would miss and some run up greens which could help average golfers. He wanted to make the course for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I stayed at the Omni on Amelia Island in February for a week where they have a Pete Dye track.  It was pretty narrow in places and some of the approaches felt like hitting into a sliver, with railroad ties and water everywhere. Challenging course. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, havanaclub said:

I was actually just reading about how he would put high lip bunkers in the back left where good golfers would miss and shallow bunkers front right where average golfers would miss and some run up greens which could help average golfers. He wanted to make the course for everyone.

Very interesting! After playing some of his courses, I can definitely see that being the case. He certainly had an eye to make courses special and unique in their own right. 

23 hours ago, Wookie said:

I stayed at the Omni on Amelia Island in February for a week where they have a Pete Dye track.  It was pretty narrow in places and some of the approaches felt like hitting into a sliver, with railroad ties and water everywhere. Challenging course. 

That's exactly how I feel about Harbor Town, which I did not like.  Every hole felt like you were hitting through a chute/tunnel, water everywhere with railroad ties lining lake beds, bunkers and certain fairways.  Challenging it was and I played terrible that day.  Probably another reason why I didn't like it HA! 

• Like 1