FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

1 hour ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Finished product of the kitchen remodel at one of the rental properties my family owns.  For anyone who cares, Ikea makes some great cheap cabinets that are super easy to put together and last quite a long time.  We've used them on several projects and truly have broken the old stigma around Ikea being crap (at least for me). 

IMG_0175.JPG.55c39b9040922690d3749fb682fb270d.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG.9dc79f1c14c9dd180542e4d6486bdb0a.JPG

IMG_0768.jpg.4bae67dbf8dae23705131366a84d8a13.jpg

Nice job.Personally I can't stand IKEA

9 hours ago, Squarehead said:

Nice job.Personally I can't stand IKEA

Lol.  I used to agree with you on this but they've stepped up their game a good amount.  Customer service is still lacking IMO. 

On 6/21/2020 at 11:11 PM, StogieSteve23 said:

Finished product of the kitchen remodel at one of the rental properties my family owns.  For anyone who cares, Ikea makes some great cheap cabinets that are super easy to put together and last quite a long time.  We've used them on several projects and truly have broken the old stigma around Ikea being crap (at least for me). 

IMG_0175.JPG.55c39b9040922690d3749fb682fb270d.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG.9dc79f1c14c9dd180542e4d6486bdb0a.JPG

IMG_0768.jpg.4bae67dbf8dae23705131366a84d8a13.jpg

Nice! I will be ripping out my old kitchen next month to install a brand new one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElJavi76 said:

The black n red belongs to @Squidstro my friend Steve. The black n midnight blue is mine. Had a nice Friday afternoon of washing and waxing the bikes. Followed of course by a ride, some grub, and a great cigar. I really need to ride that thing more. So much fun!

20200626_173126_10.jpg.48720ffcb116c62be1469b493d41b73c.jpg

20200626_183841.jpg

20200626_184020.jpg

She’s sweet.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

The black n red belongs to @Squidstro my friend Steve. The black n midnight blue is mine. Had a nice Friday afternoon of washing and waxing the bikes. Followed of course by a ride, some grub, and a great cigar. I really need to ride that thing more. So much fun!

Beautiful machines here, Javi.  Be careful out there brother. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Beautiful machines here, Javi.  Be careful out there brother. 

It's a little different up here Steve.  In NJ we wear helmets.

Plus, we don't have all the little old ladies who cant see over the dashboard, driving around.

??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Plus, we don't have all the little old ladies who cant see over the dashboard, driving around.

??

The only time I've ridden without a helmet was in Rhode Island over a weekend trip and it felt so weird. Interesting... You can hear things rattle and shake on the bike you never heard before. They're noisy machines. When I see movies and guys on bikes going 80 mph and no eyewear I'm like that's total BS. Go 30 mph without shades on and your eyes are tearing immediately. 

Thanks @StogieSteve23 Steve! Appreciate the sentiment. The first thing you learn when you take the motorcycle safety course is SIPDE. If you've done it you know what I'm talking about. The claim is that the brain activity of a motorcyclist rivals that of a fighter pilot. There is a lot of info coming in thru the senses and decisions must be made in seconds if not sooner. I will say... There's very little that compares to the adrenaline rush of going 140 mph on a sport bike, from my experiences. Btw it's known that motorcycle speedometers lie. We're never really going "that" fast, but it's fun to see it on the dash.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

??

Elliot, we call them Q-tips down here.  All you see is the white hair and 8 knuckles on a steering wheel ?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

The only time I've ridden without a helmet was in Rhode Island over a weekend trip and it felt so weird. Interesting... You can hear things rattle and shake on the bike you never heard before. They're noisy machines. When I see movies and guys on bikes going 80 mph and no eyewear I'm like that's total BS. Go 30 mph without shades on and your eyes are tearing immediately. 

Thanks @StogieSteve23 Steve! Appreciate the sentiment. The first thing you learn when you take the motorcycle safety course is SIPDE. If you've done it you know what I'm talking about. The claim is that the brain activity of a motorcyclist rivals that of a fighter pilot. There is a lot of info coming in thru the senses and decisions must be made in seconds if not sooner. I will say... There's very little that compares to the adrenaline rush of going 140 mph on a sport bike, from my experiences. Btw it's known that motorcycle speedometers lie. We're never really going "that" fast, but it's fun to see it on the dash.

That's interesting to know!  It makes a ton of sense having more thoughts running through your head because you just need to think that much more and faster.  I've never been on a real motorcycle although I've always thought it would be fun.  I spilled my dads moped one time in college and thought that was kind of it for me haha.  

But to your and @SigmundChurchill's point, it is a lot different down here.  I just had a friend get killed on his bike two days ago here in Florida while coming back from the store.  He was hit by a car and I don't know all the details whether he was wearing a helmet or what, but I know Florida is more or less a "lawless" state in regards to many things.  Certain ones I like, certain I don't but that's all relative depending on who you talk to.  

6 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

But it always struck me as crazy that the people in FL don't wear helmets, even with all of the old people driving around.  

In addition to old people, we have so many people driving without insurance or even a license down here that the roads are full of idiot drivers at all times... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

But to your and @SigmundChurchill's point, it is a lot different down here.  I just had a friend get killed on his bike two days ago here in Florida while coming back from the store.  He was hit by a car and I don't know all the details whether he was wearing a helmet or what, but I know Florida is more or less a "lawless" state in regards to many things.  Certain ones I like, certain I don't but that's all relative depending on who you talk to.  

Sorry to hear about your friend, Steve. Condolences to his friends and his family.

Riding is fun but you always have to consider the fact that your life isn't just in your hands. You're sharing the road... Which is why you have to assume every driver is a complete idiot. The worst thing that happens is a good Samaritan waving you to turn when they're across from you but you weren't ready. I never accept on a bike. I had 1 spill my first year riding and thank God I've never spilled again. I move when I'm ready to move. Laying on your back in the middle of the street while cars whiz by at 50 mph without a care. Nobody stopped to even ask if I was ok. It's like many other dangerous hobbies... Gotta be responsible with your toys. 

@SigmundChurchill I try to scratch my head all the time. LoL My other fav on a bike is the infamous 2 fingers down salute... Except guys on cruisers don't always reciprocate for some reason. I guess, crotch rocket = no bueno.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

Sorry to hear about your friend, Steve. Condolences to his friends and his family.

Riding is fun but you always have to consider the fact that your life isn't just in your hands. You're sharing the road... Which is why you have to assume every driver is a complete idiot. The worst thing that happens is a good Samaritan waving you to turn when they're across from you but you weren't ready. I never accept on a bike. I had 1 spill my first year riding and thank God I've never spilled again. I move when I'm ready to move. Laying on your back in the middle of the street while cars whiz by at 50 mph without a care. Nobody stopped to even ask if I was ok. It's like many other dangerous hobbies... Gotta be responsible with your toys. 

@SigmundChurchill I try to scratch my head all the time. LoL My other fav on a bike is the infamous 2 fingers down salute... Except guys on cruisers don't always reciprocate for some reason. I guess, crotch rocket = no bueno.

Guys on cruisers claim that guys on "rice burners" don't reciprocate, so I guess it works both ways.  I guess a good start toward better communication and mutual respect would be for them to stop calling them rice burners.  I'm not about to tell a Hells Angel that, but if you feel up to it, let me know how he responds as soon as you are able to type again.

Yes Steve, my condolences on your friend.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I'm not about to tell a Hells Angel that, but if you feel up to it, let me know how he responds as soon as you are able to type again.

I will mention it to a couple tomorrow. I will tell you what their response is ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GVan said:

Gorgeous sunset this evening as a storm front rolled through.

Nice pic, George.  It was quick for us here just south of you but nevertheless, quite the storm this evening.