FOH: A Week In Pictures.

On 9/20/2020 at 3:51 PM, Hollywood Ninja said:

f315f1497b973fb7143273ae6c119525.jpg

Had to revamp the home studio some to make teaching online this year more effective. Did I mention how much I hate re-wiring and cable management??

My dad use to play the vibes professionally and we had the same in our house.  He use to study with Gary Burton a very long time ago.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

My dad use to play the vibes professionally and we had the same in our house.  He use to study with Gary Burton a very long time ago.

That's impressive

Playing chords with 3-4 sticks in each hand was very impressive.

Very cool! I studied very briefly with Gary when I was at the U of Michigan. I was studying mostly classical marimba. Until I graduated and realized there were no gigs for classical marimba! Now I bang on random stuff for video game composers and singer/song writers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Hollywood Ninja said:

Very cool! I studied very briefly with Gary when I was at the U of Michigan. I was studying mostly classical marimba. Until I graduated and realized there were no gigs for classical marimba! Now I bang on random stuff for video game composers and singer/song writers.

Well, there's no gigs for anyone these days... 

We also had a set of Marimba's in the house.  I think they went one my first cousins.  He sold the vibes about 10 years ago.  I think the motor needed to be replaced.  Such a cool instrument and impressive to watch being played.  I took piano lessons for 13 years and can't play a tune ?

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Fishing the flats this morning with Tom. 1 ft deep so few boats go there and we had it to ourselves.

Thermos of coffee. Juan lopez 2

Drifting baits while throwing poppers for trevally.

One of the most relaxing mornings I have had in a long time.:thumbsup:

20200927_071035.jpg

Sounds like a great morning and looks so peaceful, I’m jealous! Any bites? 

On 1/23/2019 at 7:42 PM, Fuzz said:

Sweet! I've done the same with my patio area and screened it off. Just need to finalise a few things (outdoor kitchen, staircase railing) before it is complete.

A lot of rainy crappy weather for a couple of weeks. BUT.....Look how I got my hedges. Nice privacy wall. I feel very old being PROUD a of my hedges! Geez! How fast time has gone! ??

513564CD-57E0-4BC2-A23B-368A5EF300E2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Zaxeiler said:

Glad they got to you @Connoisseur Kim! Love that your review was written in cigar notes terms!

That "Happy Valley" is a darjeeling FYI.

Absolutely buddy! Glad that you enjoyed my first tea leaves review ?

Thank you for telling info buddy! What's Creamy Earl Grey buddy?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zaxeiler said:

A black tea, essentially Earl Grey but with double cornflower to give it a creamier mouthfeel.

Thanks mate! Didn't expect to see creamy tea leaf at all. It'll be first creamy tea review for sure ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Just chat with Rob while drinking Lapsang souchong from @Zaxeiler.

It began with Partagás and H. Upmann Magnum 46 bold cedary; peppery; spiciness; meaty; leather, woody notes at first. Then, it showed Montecristo earth and toasty nut flavors with Cuban twang and smokey aroma, which reminded me smoked cheese and salmon. After that, it had slight hint of LGC fruity and floral tastes in the end. Overall, I really enjoyed this tea leaf as well and can see why it's Winston Churchill's favorite tea. I believe it will pair well with spicy and peppery Cuban cigars such as Partagás Shorts and H. Upmann Magnum 46. I also think it can be fit with any smoked cuisines like Gouda cheese.

Note. I was really surprised that Lapsang souchong is the origin of the Chinese black tea ?

1614775996_TeaLeaves5.jpg.502b35ec0582b689d90ff44fd806b3a6.jpg

This was recommended to me by a fellow BOTL in London and its a lovely combination with a cigar, the smokey notes are great.

I was also surprised by the chinese origins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KavalanWhisky said:

This was recommended to me by a fellow BOTL in London and its a lovely combination with a cigar, the smokey notes are great.

I was also surprised by the chinese origins.

Much agreed! Tea leaves are way better than tea bags in terms of flavour and aroma. Keemun for light-medium CCs and Lapsang souchong for full CCs. These leaves became my go to tea for sure!

I didn't know that Lapsang souchong is the root for all Chinese tea until I typed it on Google.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Just chat with Rob while drinking Lapsang souchong from @Zaxeiler.

It began with Partagás and H. Upmann Magnum 46 bold cedary; peppery; spiciness; meaty; leather, woody notes at first. Then, it showed Montecristo earth and toasty nut flavors with Cuban twang and smokey aroma, which reminded me smoked cheese and salmon. After that, it had slight hint of LGC fruity and floral tastes in the end. Overall, I really enjoyed this tea leaf as well and can see why it's Winston Churchill's favorite tea. I believe it will pair well with spicy and peppery Cuban cigars such as Partagás Shorts and H. Upmann Magnum 46. I also think it can be fit with any smoked cuisines like Gouda cheese.

Note. I was really surprised that Lapsang souchong is the origin of the Chinese black tea ?

Brilliant tea, my favourite is from Fortnum and Mason. I like it with the cream/clove of the HdM2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Meklown said:

Brilliant tea, my favourite is from Fortnum and Mason. I like it with the cream/clove of the HdM2.

Absolutely! Surprised to hear that Lapsang souchong pairs well with HDM Epi2 mate!

• Like 2