FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

25 minutes ago, NicPac said:

Hahahaha. I do live to close not to have one. Plus my folks now live up on Camano. If I got a boat I’d probably want something a bit bigger and that we could potentially sleep on. My wife and I have 2 boys (8 months and 3 years) so it would need to be big enough for us to all be comfy on. Plus it would be a great vessel to create lifelong memories on with my boys. 

Now we're talking!!! If you get serious about it let me know! I was in contract on 3 boats this past winter/spring and spent way too much time researching. It's so much fun, nothing quite like getting on your own boat and doing whatever the hell you want to do. And nothing quite like smoking cigars on your own sled! ? We ended up with a 32' World Cat Express Cabin.

19 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Depends on the size or your humidor ?

This is why I dont golf! Fishing and cigars are expensive hobbies already, having a third would be tantamount to financial suicide! ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Now we're talking!!! If you get serious about it let me know! I was in contract on 3 boats this past winter/spring and spent way too much time researching. It's so much fun, nothing quite like getting on your own boat and doing whatever the hell you want to do. And nothing quite like smoking cigars on your own sled! ? We ended up with a 32' World Cat Express Cabin. 

I just googled it. That looks more like something I’d like to own!

15 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

This is why I dont golf! Fishing and cigars are expensive hobbies already, having a third would be tantamount to financial suicide! ?

I golf...?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Great looking boat! Looking to pick up something like that when I retire and move to the seaside.

6 hours ago, madandana said:

After numerous trips cancelled since March due to virus, wild fires and hurricanes (2020). We finally got out of MN. Supposed to visit the Keys but of course another hurricane made us switch plans at the last minute and went to Napa instead, (wild fires finally over).

Had a great time visiting Mondavi, Cake bread and our favorite-Pride.

C13A4FB4-D257-4DA9-831E-AB0CB3DE5996.jpeg.b9e6653ed27a6977cabec525c8611096.jpeg6CC4A5FB-E221-472A-BA56-D9AEE84FD79B.jpeg.a692ff760d821a784d06af8755fb9060.jpeg4067C43F-3189-40A9-B0AF-54EE0F848DEA.jpeg.d9e5e73c90da0055a3be2ea02e6b69ef.jpeg

Tell the truth. Dana went on her own and brought a "Mike" standee for the Instagram pics. :P

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, madandana said:

After numerous trips cancelled since March due to virus, wild fires and hurricanes (2020). We finally got out of MN. Supposed to visit the Keys but of course another hurricane made us switch plans at the last minute and went to Napa instead, (wild fires finally over).

Had a great time visiting Mondavi, Cake bread and our favorite-Pride.

C13A4FB4-D257-4DA9-831E-AB0CB3DE5996.jpeg.b9e6653ed27a6977cabec525c8611096.jpeg6CC4A5FB-E221-472A-BA56-D9AEE84FD79B.jpeg.a692ff760d821a784d06af8755fb9060.jpeg4067C43F-3189-40A9-B0AF-54EE0F848DEA.jpeg.d9e5e73c90da0055a3be2ea02e6b69ef.jpegE1C50248-CA8E-418A-9EAE-31354A634381.jpeg.2e109bf6425d6a748e381943e6367f5e.jpeg9DD1559F-ED5A-47CC-AC03-BD0296912581.jpeg.20ccaf2e96a36ad5c903d5dc0534f758.jpeg

hi guys. doing a zoom tasting with the mondavi winemakers on thursday. looking forward to it. 

27 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Winemakers send Ken and other wine writers free stuff. 

Jump on zoom. 

Winemaker talks about free stuff. 

Ken and wine writers taste the free stuff. 

Ken and wine writers all nod their heads saying it is very good and will write about the free stuff. 

Winemakers will send ken and winer writers free stuff again. 

I literally laughed out loud on this one

17 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Winemakers send Ken and other wine writers free stuff. 

Jump on zoom. 

Winemaker talks about free stuff. 

Ken and wine writers taste the free stuff. 

Ken and wine writers all nod their heads saying it is very good and will write about the free stuff. 

Winemakers will send ken and winer writers free stuff again. 

29 minutes ago, vhampl03 said:

@Ken Gargett how does a Zoom tasting work?  Serious question - the WSJ mentioned it yesterday and I don’t understand how you’d do that...  thanks Vance

doing a zoom tasting with the mondavi winemakers on thursday. looking forward to it. 

i apologise that someone opened rob's cage early today.

there is a kernel of truth but he has, as ever, distorted things. 

when rob says free stuff, it most certain is not. it would be like saying that a car dealer should not drive the car he is to sell before he reports to customers. or a doctor should not know the effect of drugs before he prescribes them. but because it is wine, goofy (and others) immediately take this "free stuff" attitude. 

the wines are sent to us. we review them either just before the zoom meeting or during. i always try and do them before so i am not influenced by winemakers or others and then can simply use the session to discuss the wines and winemaking etc. 

actually, with this one, imbeciles at aust post have failed to make the delivery so i expect i won't be part of it.

but have done some really interesting ones. local and offshore. it is a great way to do things. why we have not been doing it before is very puzzling. for example, the other day, i got to talk at length to david guimarens from taylors port (david spent a lot of time out here so i know him to a degree). told us all about the latest vintage conditions and so on. usually, we'd have to wait till he visited and then hope he came to your city or they flew you to wherever he is. have one with a champagne house very soon. did the 50th anniversary for cape mentelle. they sent us all a range of wines back over the decades and so we went through them. took a few hours but previously, i would have had a day flying to margaret river, a day doing the tasting and a day returning. so much more efficient. though not quite as much fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

hi guys. doing a zoom tasting with the mondavi winemakers on thursday. looking forward to it. 

We did the reserve tasting 2013,14,15,16.

We were impressed but don’t have your pallet. Let us know what you think Ken.